The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:56:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 173267 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »

I've gotten about fifty thousand private messages asking me to vote in this. So I'm going to pretend it's very important, and line up like a good little sheep and vote according to the order I got the messages.

Here we go:

1. Afleitch
2. Fritz/Marokai Blue (tied)
3. Franzl

Now stop messaging me, numbnuts. If you dislike the position I put you in, you ought to have messaged me earlier.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This may become especially irritating if afleitch's votes need to be redistributed.

I would imagine this translates into some sort of 1. Afleitch, 2. Fritz, 3. Marokai, and 4. Franzl.

I don't understand why people take this thing so seriously, as to basically harass other people to vote for them.

Nor will I understand why people take this thing so seriously, as to basically scrounge around for people to enlist in their ranks en masse for the purposes of voting for their party according to a given ballot.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

An interesting article may be turnout by party (as in, percentage of registered voters that voted in the last election).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »

Oh, Purple State up and sued me. No hard feelings though.

Wink None intended.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 01:35:52 AM »

Guess who is back?

Anyways now that camp has ended I can actually get access to internet. Anyone want to update me on what has been going on in Atlasia since June, mainly because I don't want to read through all of the posts.

A few RPP newbies spammed their way to 50 posts and registered in the Pacific in an attempt to get Hamilton elected Lt. Governor. However, he still lost to Ebowed by a fairly large margin. Meeker was also elected Governor.

Oh please. A Lt. Gov election does not take priority over a national Senate election, and you know that.

I was merely informing him of what happened in the Pacific Region. Surely CultureKing would be interested in that as he is a resident here. National elections were already mentioned in enough detail.

Oh I thought you were trying to claim that they registered for their sole purpose of voting for me. My mistake.

They registered in the Pacific for the sole purpose of voting for you. But they registered in general for purposes of national elections as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »

I don't know how MasterJedi isn't on that presidential list, when it is pretty common knowledge that he is the candidate.

Well to be fair it would be in the RPP's best interest if MasterJedi runs for re-election instead of for the presidency. It would make more sense, especially if PiT and AHDuke are running for president. After all, MasterJedi would have a more likely chance of being re-elected than winning the presidency. However, that is not to say a presidential run is out of the question due to his reputation as a respectable senator. We won't know for a few weeks at least for sure.
I hope he runs for the presidency (being honest here folks). He and the other candidates would make good presidents for Atlasia.

Actually, MasterJedi has a better chance of being elected President than Senate at this point, and PiT and AHDuke and MasterJedi will not run against each other. Only one of them can be our nominee in the end, so wait til the convention to find out.

Yeah, MasterJedi's chances nationwide against Lief would be much better than his chances in the Midwest against Mechaman. There's really no two ways about it.

I had no idea I was seen as that powerful of a choice.

It's more of a number game. The political makeup of the Midwest is not, to say the least, representative of the entire Atlasia's political makeup.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:31 PM »

Umm, why am I listed as a presidential candidate?
Because now that there is a DA ticket I just listed the senators.  I'd be willing to venture my best guess its Franzl with an outside chance of PurpleState or yourself.  I'd lean heavily toward Franzl however but like to keep it out there just in case.  It's not really worth listing other RPP candidates at this point as even Jedi has acknowledged he is more than likely running

I'm pretty pat as GM, for the record.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »

RACE RATINGS

Mideast Governor: Lean RPP

Presidential Election: Weak Lean JCP

Northeast Senate: Safe DA
Mideast Senate: Weak Lean RPP
Midwest Senate: Likely DA
Dirty South Senate: Safe RPP
Pacific Senate: Safe JCP

Northeast Governor: TOSSUP
Northeast Lt. Gov: Safe DA
Dirty South Governor: Safe RPP
Dirty South Lt. Gov: Safe RPP

How is Inks not safe? The only thing I see taking him down is retirement.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »

Q: Senator tell the voters why you should be elected next time around, but not as opposed to the senators from the other party, but rather than the two candidates from your own.

Probably the toughest question I've been asked! But it's not unreasonable. I would say I offer something different to Franzl and Barnes as I'm accepting my new role of being, it seems, the 'grumpy old fart' of the Senate. I like amending bills more than writing them and contesting the principles behind them. Now that the game has an active GM I see no reason why the Senate can ignore what he reports, so I won't support uncosted bills. That is what I feel seperates me from the other two DA candidates.

Hear, hear!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DWTL, when are you going to realize that the DA did not run its own ticket to "win." Long-term strategies that build the party and solidify the message are what form a sustainable organization. This vision is something the Atlasian right lacks, which is why we see it falter time after time.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: THREE PROMINENT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING IN THE CHAMBER OF THE CURRENTLY RECESSED SENATE!!!!

The three perpetrators, Game Moderator Purple State(DA-VA), Senator Tmthforu94(DA-IN), and Senator-elect Badger(JCP-OH) could not be reached for questioning.

This story is currently developing. We will bring you more details as they develop.

for the lulz mostly, I am posting this. Tongue

I could too have been reached for comment! Tongue

My comment: "I apologize to the Senate for my offense, but my office's restroom was under repair and I heard they have a pretty fancy place for the senators to do their business. I mean come on, heated toilet seats and 3-ply toilet paper! Who can resist?"
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 01:51:07 AM »

Good interview. Nice to see the NWA getting back into things. One thing that bothers me though, and this is really a general comment towards all the papers that do interviews, is that it seems like you simply PM a set list of questions, get each one answered and post it. What I would really like to see are follow up questions that let candidates or officials hash out their positions more fully.

Just a thought for the future. It would definitely add more to the game to have people talking about important issues in a more substantive way than "I like this and don't like that."
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

Purple State was quite possibly the least pleasant person in Atlasia (Fluffy included) during his stint in the Senate.

You just dislike my personal vendetta against you at the time. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »

President's Approval Rating Falls below 50%
              After a promising start, it seems the Presidency of Purple State is stalling or atleast losing steam. In the last election he promised that he was best able to reinvigorate Atlasia's political scene, however, as this poll shows, the people of Atlasia are beginning to reflect the recent slowdown in the President's approval ratings. We must note that the successfull completetion of the Consitutional Convention and Budget Committees could provide a bounce to the President's numbers, likewise, growing inactivity in either or both could be devastating. The honeymoon is over.

Was my approval above 50% to start with, that it could then fall below that?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »

Breaking: Nyman Times Scandal? You decide!
                After just two days in existence, the proprietor of the Nyman Times was caught in the act of misrepresenting the author of a bill in the Senate, and thus was forced to print a retraction admitting to the publication's low quality and lack of trustworthiness. However, the respected, National Weekly Atlasian has come into possession of several disturbing, internal memos from the Nyman Times HQ, which reveal an elaborate scheme by several top executives at that "establishment of printing" to pad the accomplishments of Senator NC Yankee as he heads towards "potentially" uncertain reelection. We can only wonder as to what the true motives were in this endeavour. As such, the NWA atlasian insists that we seek to enquire to ask as to what the undistinguised IDS Senator knew and when did he know it. Futhermore we demand that the Nyman Times respond to these troubling accusations as I am sure we are all very much interested in getting to the bottom of this.

This just goes to prove that their is no subsitute for real reliability in the press, which our new competitors seem to be lacking.

Evil Well lets see how much this generates. Nothing like a Press War.

Who knows, maybe someone in this game will feel strongly about something controversial. That hasn't happened in a few months!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »

Breaking: Nyman Times Scandal? You decide!
                After just two days in existence, the proprietor of the Nyman Times was caught in the act of misrepresenting the author of a bill in the Senate, and thus was forced to print a retraction admitting to the publication's low quality and lack of trustworthiness. However, the respected, National Weekly Atlasian has come into possession of several disturbing, internal memos from the Nyman Times HQ, which reveal an elaborate scheme by several top executives at that "establishment of printing" to pad the accomplishments of Senator NC Yankee as he heads towards "potentially" uncertain reelection. We can only wonder as to what the true motives were in this endeavour. As such, the NWA atlasian insists that we seek to enquire to ask as to what the undistinguised IDS Senator knew and when did he know it. Futhermore we demand that the Nyman Times respond to these troubling accusations as I am sure we are all very much interested in getting to the bottom of this.

This just goes to prove that their is no subsitute for real reliability in the press, which our new competitors seem to be lacking.

Evil Well lets see how much this generates. Nothing like a Press War.

Who knows, maybe someone in this game will feel strongly about something controversial. That hasn't happened in a few months!

I will place the odds as high as 40% that no one gives a damn. 30% that we get some lame responses from all involved and it blows over in a few days. 15% chance that we get a controversy lasting longer then four days, 10% that something totally unforseen occurs as a result, and lastly 5% chance the game dies tomorrow. Those are your Adam Savage, Mythbusters style percentages. Tongue

My odds, a la Nate Silver, were 80% no one gives a damn, 10% lame responses, 5% controversy, 4% game ends tomorrow and 1% world ends tomorrow.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »

IS IT TIME ATLASIA HAD A NEW GAME MODERATOR?
You will get to answer that question in a new poll being conducted by the, well respected and trusted, Survey Atlasia. Recently questions have been raised about Al Widdershins' innactivity with regards to releasing reports as Game Moderator and even grumblings among the Budget Committee which, as GM, Mr. Widdershins chairs. Attempts to get Mr. Widdershins' opinion on these developments were not even made due to downside potential of spending the money and the attempt not being successful, outweighing the upside gains of a successful contact with the Game Moderator.

The answer is yes:

Speech Regarding the Position of Game Moderator

My fellow gamers,

Over the course of my term as President of this nation, I have found it difficult, neigh impossible, to keep one major promise that I made during the campaign. When asked repeatedly whether I could maintain the same level of activity by the GM as I had displayed during my time in the position, I answered time and time again that it would be done, that someone would step into the void and fill my shoes.

I was wrong and I apologize.

With Al's resignation as GM, I find my administration in a moment of mini-crisis. Though I have, over the past two months, sought to devolve certain powers and responsibilities from the less active GM, such as the monitoring of foreign events, it is not possible to actually make up for a woefully inactive GM. As such, the game has struggled to advance a coherent narrative that had started just a few months prior.

There is little else I can say on this matter. I have failed to uphold a standard of the utmost importance to the nation and to myself. And so now I announce an open application period for all those interested in picking up the mantle of GM where I laid it down just over two months ago. For now, please send a simple message of interest to me and I will follow up with each applicant individually.

Thank you.

~PS
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies