The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:45:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36416 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2019, 10:23:05 PM »

Phil Scott Debate Responses

Opening Statement
Well first I'd like to thank the University of South Carolina for allowing us to use their premises for this debate. I'd like to thank the Young Republicans Chapter of the school with whom I had a fun and engaging meeting with earlier today, and I'd like to thank my wife Diana and my daughters for making it down south tonight.

My name is Phil Scott proud Governor of Vermont, I'm running for President of the United States. I think we're at a unique opportunity in the history of our country. President Romney has led this country out of a time of great trial stronger than before. I'm proud of our accomplishments these past 8 years, America has a lot to be proud of. But we still face tremendous challenges. Our deficit runs up while the middle class too much in taxes and tax evasion is a pressing crisis. In infrastructure is a D-, and farmers across the country, especially dairy farmers in a fight for their very existence. I won't accept that, it's time for us to rise above our political differences to do the right thing. We have to approach our nation's problems differently, not from the perspective of politics, of Washington. We have to do things another way. Like people do out in America. In Montpelier, in Boston, but also in homes across America. We pitch in together, to solve our problems. We must rise above.

Washington won't do this by themselves. We need to elevate change makers, and put in an end to the toxic partisan politicking which gets nothing done for Americans. I'm proud to be endorsed by people like Elise Stefanik and Charlie Dent, muckrakers who put country before party. Administrators like Bill Weld, Charlie Baker, and Larry Hogan who had to govern a state everyday, clear traffic, clear snow off streets, and they had a recipe for success. America needs this plan, keep taxes down, balance our budget like I have in Vermont, and protect the most vulnerable. We must rise above our partisan differences to tackle the great challenges of the day, I believe I am the man to do that. I hope to earn your vote tonight, and have the honor of your support. Thank you.

Question Answer
I don't know who's saying I'm too liberal Megyn. My record speaks for itself, I've balanced every Vermont budget, and I'm proud to say I've vetoed every reckless tax increase proposed by the state legislature. I was elected by citizens who wanted a different kind of governor, an end to tax and spend economics, Vermonters wanted to cut taxes to create growth, and we did that. We got the best credit rating in the region. But we also did that without cutting the most important services. I believe we can do this on a national level. We can cut taxes for working Americans, bring down the deficit, and still tackle our challenges. We can still launch a new investment into American infrastructure which will ultimately create new revenue, we can save the small town farmer.

Now, it's true that I thing we must rise above our partisan politics to work together to get things done. We've seen what happens when Washington is left to its own partisan devices. Not much good. Compromise is treated like a four letter word, I think differently. Compromise is what has worked. In Concord, Governor Sununu worked together with Democrats to create one of the most fiscally sound states in the nation. I ask why can't Washington do the same, I think American should ask the same question. That's why I'm running, to actually tackle our nation's greatest problems head on.

Closing Statement
Well, we've just heard a lot of stuff today. But if there's one thing I hope you remember, it's that 2020 is an opportunity for this country. Its an opportunity to create a better America, to overcome years of partisan barricades to burst forward into a bright new American tomorrow. When the sun shines onto Vermont's green mountains, I'm filled with a boundless hope for this great country. But to take on the crises of our day, crises at home, crises abroad, we must work together my friends. We must rise above and do things differently. A different path, to truly fight for the American people. Do what we did up north in Vermont, balanced our budgets, got our credit rating up, and protected the most vulnerable. I believe we can do better, and I believe that America will. Thank you and good night.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »

Rick Santorum Statement on Confirmation of Greg Makiw

I have just heard the news of Greg Mankiw's confirmation to serve as my successor as Commerce Secretary. I wish him the best of luck, and I know he will do a great job serving our country's business needs.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:45 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
July 8, 2019

Tapper: I'm Jake Tapper, and we have breaking news. A number of pipe bombs have been discovered in parcels mailed to various Democratic leaders.

So far, six have been discovered: one was mailed right here to CNN, but intercepted before it could be delivered. A second was mailed to Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams, and a third to Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown. Both are considered frontrunners in the Democratic race for President. Also on the hit list were Tim Ryan, Adam Schiff, and Tulsi Gabbard, the current House Democratic Leadership. As of right now, police say they have few leads to go on, and that there are most likely more bombs waiting to be discovered.

Already, many, including the President, have pointed the finger for inspiring these bombings at Donald Trump, whose recent forays into right-wing and far-right rhetoric may have caused the clearly mentally unstable individual to react violently. Trump addressed this in an interview with Fox News:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tapper: Many Democrats are on edge at this time, and only time will tell how these events affect the presidential race.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:55 PM »

RICK SANTORUM CONDEMNS ATTEMPTED BOMBINGS
Today Rick Santorum released the following statement regarding the bombs sent to various Democratic officials and news outlets:

"These attempted acts of violence today are despicable, disgusting, cowardly, and simply un-American. Whoever is responsible for these bombs should be ashamed of themselves and turn themselves in immediately.

As a Republican, I am ashamed that such despicable actions were committed by one of our own. The Republican Party has no tolerance whatsoever for these kinds of hatred. My campaign condemns this ugly display with the strongest terms, and I would like to affirm that there is no room for this kind of thought process in our campaign. We are willing to co-operate in any way we can to ensure that the people or person responsible are put behind bars, and I would like to personally reach out to all of those targeted and apologize on behalf of all Republicans."
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2019, 01:56:55 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2019, 02:00:51 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Statement by Governor Abrams regarding the incident

[quote author=Governor Stacey Abrams]
I have recently been the target, along with other Democratic colleagues and friends, of a threat on our lives by bombs being sent to us that, thankfully, were intercepted. I can say, however, that it has not resulted in any threat to the life of myself or my friends; we have thwarted the hateful attempt.

This sort of behavior is a cowardly, despicable attempt to channel hateful rhetoric into actions, and we need to be assertive and resolute in our uniformly condemning this and stating that violence cannot be condoned.

This sort of hatefulness, this sort of actions that threaten the very fabric of our democratic system, cannot be accepted. It is shameful, beyond that, it is dangerous, that the rhetoric espoused by the most lunatic fringes can lead to this kind of despicable act. We must not allow America to descend into the pit of hatefulness, to once again fall prey to the darkness and danger of extreme words from outlets far outside of the mainstream.

We need to stand together to show them that my America, your America, our America is better than them. That this kind of action, with motivations full of hate and resentment, has no place in today's America. I ask every person in this great nation to show them that we are better than this. There is no place at all for threats or for hate in tomorrow's America. We need to stop the inaction on this issue. We need to stop pretending like this is alright, because it is not. We need to root this out completely from our nation.

I trust that we can put this behind. I will not allow this kind of terrible, awful hatred to spread to our national core. Let us prove that we are better than this people.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »

Governor Abrams's Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
I thank our moderator, the awesome candidates standing here, and the American people for tuning in tonight. It is hugely important for the well-being of our democracy.

Before I delve into my opening statement, I would like to point out the historic significance of the movement we have achieved. We took back the Georgia governorship, we put a black woman in the debate stage, and we will take back the White House for every person in this great country.

Now, I believe it is important to point out just how fundamental this election will be in the tone our country will take. It is important to take into account that in this election, we will be deciding the way that we will chart, the values and line of thought that will lead us into the next decade.

With that thought, I propose to the people of America a view that, together, we can do the impossible. Every kid in coastal Mississippi, every kid in an Iowa farm, every kid in rural Maine, every kid in America can grow up to be whatever they want to be and can grow up to help our society be better: a thing that I want to make very clear for every kid watching is that you can be President.

I want to help America truly realize this dream. I want to, with your help, chart a course for our nation that will leave behind hate and division. I wish to begin an America anew, where no matter your age, your gender, your race, or your economic position you have a shot at life. The dream, the hope that was so destroyed in the Romney years can begin anew, and I want to be there as your President. I know that together we can accomplish it. I want to help build that dream, and if you look at the movement we have built, the hope that we have woken, it shows just how much the people want a leader who will care, not hate, a leader who will help, not hinder, who will believe in you, not laugh at you.

I want to be that leader for you. I can be that leader for you. I want to help rebuild an America with a focus on each and everyone, I want to fight for you. I want to build a nation where there's a dream for everyone.

Question answer:

Over the past few years, your ideology has been incorporated more and more into the Democratic mainstream, and you've been endorsed by both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Do you believe that this makes you a part of the Democratic establishment, and, if so, could you tell our viewers why you don't think that's a bad thing, as many have begun trumpeting over the years?

I believe that's the wrong way of looking at it. It is not so much that I am a part of the Democratic establishment as that some parts of the so-called establishment believe in our broad, welcoming vision for every American to have a chance. My endorsements by President Obama and Secretary Clinton are not a weakness, they are a strength. They are signs that the ideology that we are proposing, that the hope we're seeing, that the big movement we're building are being accepted by a broader and broader coalition of voters and supporters who know that the vision we are proposing is the way to go for a rapidly-changing, future-oriented America.

To prove this point is the fact that I have the endorsement of important progressive leaders and organizations. I have been endorsed by chairs of the CPC, Congresspeople Pocan and Jayapal, by progressive stalwart and friend Congresswoman Cortez, unions like the United Steelworkers of America and Change to Win have lent me their support. We are building a movement in the whole nation and the entire Democratic Party.

A point we need to clarify is that our vision is broad and welcoming. We are not exclusively focused on winning any single demographic. We are proposing a bold, clear, futuristic progressive view of a new, rapidly changing Democratic Party which builds its base of support from everyone with progressive ideals who wants to see a change, who wants to see an America with justice, hope, and a dream for everyone.

That's the movement we're building. That's what progressivism is.

Closing statement:
I believe we need to be clear on what vision we want for our nation. We need to be concise and realistic on the future of our nation and of the Party. We need a leader with a vision who represents a new age of Democrats, and I humbly ask the people to consider me as such. We need a broad, optimistic plan to resurrect the hope and trust each American should have in our economic and social systems. We need an America where nobody gets excluded and where everybody has a chance to shine and be their best selves.

We need A Dream for Everyone.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2019, 04:51:09 PM »

RICK SANTORUM FOR PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES NEW ENDORSEMENTS
Today the Rick Santorum for President campaign announces three more endorsements. They are Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin, and Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania. All three are staunch conservatives with years of experience who have worked hard to protect our rights and make America more prosperous. Our Campaign is excited to have their support, and we look forward to visiting each of their home states in the coming weeks to spread our message of opportunity.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2019, 06:14:26 PM »

Alex Sink responds to Incident

Governor Sink had this to say on Friday about the incident:
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »

Amash to speak on recent events

I just want to preface that I am so glad to see my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to condemn the horrible act of terrorism that we have seen. To overcome the worst of humanity we must come together and display what makes us such a great country.

There are some in our country who point fingers, at the other side, at the media and anyone else who tries to hold them accountable for the vitriol they spew. These people, knowingly or not, cause consequences by inciting violence. And when I preach freedom of speech, we must all understand why this right is such an important one. We must all understand that we matter and that the words we say matter and this is exactly why. The one thing I hope we all learn from these terrible proceedings is words meaning, for every patriot who has spoken against tyranny and for freedom, there have been many wannabe tyrants who have used their speech for suppression and incitement of violence. This is why we must all cherish our rights and ensure we stop those who use those to threaten rather then help.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »

Amash debate responses

Opening Statement: First of all, I would like to thank our host for this debate, University of South Carolina and Megyn and Tucker for hosting. I think many people in our nation understand why I'm here, and that would be to champion the cause of liberty. To me, freedom is what this great country was founded on, the choices we make should truly be ours and not forced on us due to government intervention. What we do in our time, with our money and our property should be a decision for the people who are facing the choice, rather than the government using regulations, taxes, and laws that are far too invasive. This country was founded on the principles of individual liberty, and we as Americans have a duty to honor our founding fathers.

Answer: I don't believe my house experience is any less valuable than the experience that my colleagues who are or have bee Senators or Governors. I have carried my duties as a member of the House of Representatives with the great responsibility they endow me with. I think my track record of never missing a vote in the House or the fact that my votes are always backed up by reasons as to why I had chosen to vote that way. I think this obsession with rank is detrimental, especially as we work towards getting more civic engagement in our political scene. Personally, I believe anybody who believes they have what it takes to run for office should be able to and get to show what they have to offer to the nation. As for me, being a member of the House for 10 years and with a great record to look back on as well as a very happy constituency is exactly the record I wish to be touting as I make my run to the presidency.

Closing statement: I would again like to thank our hosts, moderators, participants, and viewers at home. If I could leave one thing with the audience today, is that a vote for me is a vote for liberty. A vote for choice. The choices you make should be yours and yours only. The government belongs nowhere near your choices regarding where your child goes to school, how you spend your money, whether or not you choose to exercise your right to bear arms among many others. Thank you for your time, America
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Blitzer: And we begin the night with three new endorsements for former Commerce Secretary Santorum, and here they are:

King: Meanwhile, three more bombs have been discovered in the mail: one addressed to former President Obama, one to former Representative O'Rourke, and one to Florida Governor Alex Sink. Sink was one of the first candidates to speak out against the bombings, behind only former Commerce Secretary Rick Santorum, and Georgia Governor and fellow bombing target Stacey Abrams. Police are still baffled, but have stated that, due to the timing of the Sink bomb, in particular, the terrorist is currently suspected to be based in the American Southeast, though numerous police chiefs have urged us to remember that such is merely speculation at this time.

Blitzer: Indeed it is, but what a truly terrible thing to speculate about. With that, we can officially end this Election Update. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King, and that will be all for tonight.

*notable lack of outro music*
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 10:36:09 PM by DatGOTTho »

New credit totals:

Current Credit Totals:

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 0.4
Sherrod Brown: 0
Alex Sink: 0.3
John Kerry: 0.8
Beto O'Rourke: 14.2
Pete Buttigieg: 2.2

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski: 1.4
Phil Scott: 6.4
Justin Amash: 1
Rick Santorum: 4.6
Rob Portman: 3.4
Paul Ryan: 20.6
Nikki Haley: 13
Ben Shapiro: 8.2
Alveda King: 5

Independents
Rob Manfred: 1
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 10:36:57 PM by DatGOTTho »

Current Endorsements

Democrats
Stacey Abrams
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and major celebrity from California
Barack Obama, 44th POTUS from Illinois
Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee in 2016 from New York
Peter Welch, US Rep. from VT-AL
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
Mark Pocan, US Rep. from WI-02
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Des Moines Register
United Steelworkers of America
Change to Win
New Hampshire Union Leader, statewide newspaper
Andrew Gillum, Mayor of Tallahassee, Florida
Richard Cordray, former Attorney General of Ohio and Director of the CFPB
Conservation Fund
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03

Sherrod Brown
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont and runner-up in 2016
AFL-CIO, major labor union federation
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Tulsi Gabbard, House Assistant Minority Leader, US Rep. from HI-02, and former candidate
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor from California
Keith Ellison, Attorney General of Minnesota
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Ro Khanna, US Rep. from CA-17
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington and former candidate
Gary Locke, former Governor of Washington
Chris Murphy, US Senator from Connecticut
LeBron James, basketball star from California
Nina Turner, President of Our Revolution, former Ohio State Senator
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05

Pete Buttigieg
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa

John Kerry
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
Joe Kennedy III, US Rep. from MA-04
Steny Hoyer, US Rep. from MD-05
Adam Schiff, House Minority Whip, US Rep. from CA-28
Tim Ryan, House Minority Leader, US Rep. from OH-13
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States from Delaware
Jesse Jackson, civil rights activist from Illinois
Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, US Senator from New York

Beto O'Rourke
Bill Clinton, 42nd POTUS from New York

Alex Sink
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
National Education Union
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, former Governor of New Hampshire
Onward Together, PAC
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California and former candidate
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Jennifer Wexton, US Rep. from VA-10
Abigail Spanberger, US Rep. from VA-07

Republicans
Justin Amash
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Ron Paul, former US Rep. from TX-14
Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett-Packard from Virginia
Barbara Comstock, former US Rep. from VA-10
Lynn Jenkins, former US Rep. from KS-02
Martha McSally, US Senator from Arizona
Kevin Cramer, US Rep. from ND-AL

Lisa Murkowski
Susan Collins, US Senator from Maine
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire
Jon Huntsman, Jr., former Governor of Utah
Mia Love, US Senator from Utah
Shelley Moore Capito, US Senator from West Virginia
Tim Scott, US Senator from South Carolina
Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina
Mike Dunleavy, Governor of Alaska
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL

Rob Portman
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Mike DeWine, Governor of Ohio
Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa

Rick Santorum
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Lou Barletta, former US Rep. from PA-11
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Scott Perry, US Rep. from PA-10
Scott Walker, former Governor of Wisconsin

Phil Scott
Elise Stefanik, US Rep. from NY-21
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts and former candidate
Jim Douglas, former Governor of Vermont
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Charlie Dent, US Rep. from PA-07
Ryan Costello, US Rep. from PA-06
Chris Sununu, Governor of New Hampshire
New Hampshire Farm Bureau
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
North Dakota Farm Bureau
John Katko, US Rep. from NY-24
Adam Kinzinger, US Rep. from IL-16

Independents
Rob Manfred
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Libertarian presidential nominee in 2016
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter
Bill Gates, founder and former CEO of Microsoft

All other candidates have no endorsements at this time.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »

REP. WEXTON, REP. KUSTER, REP. SPANBERGER ENDORSE SINK

At an Alex Sink for President Rally on Saturday, the Representatives said:
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »

Phil Scott Statement

Governor Scott Joins with Senators Leahy and Sanders to Condemn the Bomber

Well, I've just had a lengthy discussion with our two US Senators, Pat Leahy and Bernie Sanders. We spoke about a multitude of topics relevant to Vermont, including rural development, as well as new other agriculture related issues. But the primary topic was the terrorist attacks, or attempted attacks against presidential candidates, specifically and exclusively Democrats, and other distinguished public servants. This news is very disturbing, and let there be no ifs and buts about it. This is disgusting, cowards, and un-American. I wish the best of luck to law enforcement and hope for the swift capture of the bomber.

Senator Leahy, Sanders, and I all agree. I believe all Americans agree. We cannot allow our nation to fall into this kind of violence, hatred, and despicable place. I believe America is better than this, and I believe we can, and we must do better. We must aspire to a better America, regardless of whether or not my or any campaign succeeds today, we as a nation must be better than this. We must discard violence, extremism, and hatred. I believe we can, and I believe we will.

I want to also send my best wishes to the targets of these attacks, and hope that stay well, and they stay unafraid, and continue to spread their messages. Let us not be afraid, as fear will only give them power. We must be bold, we must be optimistic, we must be fearless. Thank you.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2019, 10:24:44 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Blitzer: And we begin tonight with a slew of new endorsements. Let's listen in.

Blitzer: Many, many endorsements, as you can see. Meanwhile, three new bombs have been discovered in the mail for billionaire donor George Soros, Senator Bernie Sanders, and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. However, the police have used new evidence from the bomb addressed to Soros to link the bombs to Cesar Sayoc, a man from Florida who has gone on the run since this was found out.

If you have seen this man...

...or this van, please contact police immediately. That will be all for tonight. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2019, 11:23:58 PM »

Rob Manfred speaks on his economic plans in De Monies Iowa

One of my main goals in this country is to make sure we have a economy that is one for the upcoming decade the 2020s.

We need to give the working people a economy that’s for them and not for the people higher up!

We need to invest good paying jobs into green energy and give tax credits: and education. We need to fight student debt and make sure Americans can get good education without paying a 100$ fees

We need to balance the budget by the end of 2025. We spend too much on the milltary and we need to  use that money to improve our healthcare system  like Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security 
And still our Military will be the strongest by a lot still!

We need a economy for you!
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2019, 11:35:35 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Debate Answers

Thank you Megyn and Tucker, for moderating this debate, thank you to all of my colleagues up here with me tonight, and thank you University of South Carolina for hosting us tonight! Hello, I'm Lisa Murkowski, Senator from Alaska, and candidate for President of the United States.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bit of an independent thinker. I tend to go along with what's good for Americans over what leadership tells me to do. I believe that fact is essential to what this entire election is about. We can continue on the path of partisanship, or pave a new way that is focused on solutions. I believe most of us just want that, solutions to the problems we face, not just Washington's business as usual.

Tonight, you'll hear our answers on questions that voters across America have about each of our positions and visions for our country. I plan on mapping my vision out for all of you tonight, it is a vision of economic opportunity, freedom from government intrusion, and a secure world for all of our children to grow up and thrive in. That's what this campaign is all about.

Well, first of all, I plan on winning this primary. *laughs* The 2010 campaign was a hard fought one, in which many special interests endorsed my opponent due to my independence from them. When I narrowly lost the primary I heard the same thing from people across my state, "I can't do it, I'm going to write you in." I decided to organize with the grassroots to start a write-in campaign, of which only one Senator had ever won by. With the help of my supporters, and a few wristbands to help people spell Murkowski, I became the second.

My intention is not to run as an independent, as I am a Republican, even after winning a write-in campaign run without party help. As for other independents in the race, I welcome them. America deserves to hear all sorts of ideas across the political spectrum, and to support the candidate that best aligns with their values.

Tonight, we saw different visions of America. The vision that I see is a positive one. It is four years of economic growth through fewer regulations, it's the protection of the Second Amendment, and the defense of freedoms enshrined in the Constitution. I am so grateful to see a healthy debate about both the future of our Party and country.

I know America is ready for a voice of the people, not for the interests of certain groups over another. We are at our best when we are not encumbered by a government that cares about how you identify when you express the interest in serving your country, or regulates small business so heavily that the burden is too much. I trust the American people, and I hope that tonight is proof that you can trust me to be your nominee for President of the United States.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2019, 06:43:13 PM »

Opening Statement

Thank You for hosting this debate, We need to have change in America, and I'm ready to serve you! We can make jobs where there is a lack of jobs and I'll do to america what I did to South Bend!

To Mayor Buttigieg: While many have poked fun at your generally less than awe-inspiring polling averages, it should be noted that, if most other mayors of cities the size of South Bend had run, they'd have been completely overrun. What do you think makes you stand out from that crowd?

I think I stand out because, if you think of it, I revived South Bend, and I am relatable to the middle class and the jobs promise.

Closing Statement

This debate shows that everyone has their own vision and I have a vision that helps America and I hope that you will vote for me.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Puts Out Statement on Attempted Bombings

"We are seeing the impact of the degradation of civility in this country. I can not believe that anyone would attempt to harm someone over their political views. My thoughts and prayers are with my colleagues, and I want to say thank you to all the law enforcement officials that protect us from these disturbing attempts. The America I know is better than this, and I know that together we will pull together to fight for civility and understanding over hate."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2019, 11:09:54 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

(sorry I couldn't get this response finished earlier, I couldn't do it until today)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

(sorry I couldn't get this response finished earlier, I couldn't do it until today)

Oh, you're fine.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2019, 04:22:15 PM »

RULES FOR DEBATE PARTICIPATION

The following rules will govern each debate:

The debates will be posted on Tuesday night (starting this Tuesday, February 5), and will be viewed as the conclusion of the in-game month/turn. Debate answers will be expected by the beginning of the next debate, the following Tuesday, posted to this thread.

There will be four total debates during this stage of the game. Each debate will have one winner (who will receive a boost in the polls and 3 free endorsement credits) and one runner-up (who will receive 2 free endorsement credits). Participation in each individual debate is optional, but the following rewards/penalties will be applied based on number of debates participated in:

All 4 debates: 2 free endorsement credits, as well as any winnings.
3 debates: 1 free endorsement credit, as well as any winnings.
2 debates: Any winnings.
1 debate: Unless you finish as either the winner or runner-up, your poll numbers will drop slightly.
0 debates: This will be viewed as a withdrawal from the race, regardless of previous participation or polling numbers.

If you find you cannot participate in a debate, please PM me with an excuse (if it's personal, it does not need to be specific); the debate will be counted in your total as if you had participated, up to 2 debates (while I do not believe any of you would make up excuses to get free credits without participating, I would rather be safe than sorry).

Each candidate will be asked to make an opening statement, answer one posted question relating to them specifically, and make a closing statement. Due to the possibility of people posting initial responses late in the cycle, I will not require or request a rebuttal/response to another candidate's statements or question response.

Answers and statements will be judged on:
  • Coherence (note: grammar =/= coherence; as you're playing as candidates who are giving these statements verbally, the omission of punctuation or incorrect capitalization will not result in docked points; in the same way, a grammatically perfect response that makes no actual sense will not be given additional points)
  • Length (preferably 100-500 words for statements, and 100-250 words for question responses; the limits are set up in order to better simulate a debate environment, where candidates who talk for too short a period are often viewed as vague, while more verbose candidates often get cut off)
  • General appeal (partly my judgment, partly RNG to prevent inherent bias from factoring too heavily into the calculation)

All candidates in the race at the beginning of a debate cycle will be allowed to participate, regardless of polling numbers. If you have any further questions regarding the debates, please post them here, rather than PM-ing me, so that everyone can benefit from the answer.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2019, 04:52:17 PM »

PLEASE NOTE: UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED AN EXTENSION, YOUR RESPONSES TO THE FIRST DEBATE ARE DUE TONIGHT.

Second Democratic Debate

King: And I'm John King, and we're here at Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire to bring you the second Democratic Presidential Debate!

*crowd cheers*

Blitzer: That's right, John. We're here with...

...Sound Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg...

...Former Representative from Texas's 16th District Beto O'Rourke...

...Former Senator from Massachusetts and 2004 nominee John Kerry...

...Florida Governor Alex Sink...

...Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams...

...and, finally, Senator from Ohio Sherrod Brown.

King: Now, the candidates have all been briefed on the format of the debate and their responses, but, to our viewers at home, here's how it's going to work. Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation.

Blitzer: Indeed. Let's get started.

Specific Questions

To Mayor Buttigieg: Despite its primary being on Super Tuesday, you've spent two weeks campaigning in California so far. Do you believe the biggest, bluest state in the Union is your key to victory?

To Representative O'Rourke: Texas is a state that has long been viewed as a potential swing state by Democrats. Do you believe you can finally turn it blue, and, if so, how?

To Senator Kerry: Something we haven't heard much about this cycle is foreign policy, especially from the Democratic field. As a onetime possible candidate for Secretary of State, what is your take on America's role on the world stage?

To Governor Sink: You've been endorsed recently by a few suburban Democrats, who managed to ride the 2018 blue wave to victory in traditional Republican strongholds. Do you think this suggests that you could expand on these gains and finally win back the House for the Democrats?

To Governor Abrams: You were one of the first people to be sent a mail bomb by recently captured domestic terrorist Cesar Sayoc. What do you think this says about how Republicans have come to view you?

To Senator Brown: Unlike several other candidates on this stage, you've refused to embrace the Green New Deal. Why is that, and what would you propose instead?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2019, 05:42:12 PM »

PLEASE NOTE: UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED AN EXTENSION, YOUR RESPONSES TO THE FIRST DEBATE ARE DUE TONIGHT.

Second Republican Debate

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Kelly: And I'm Megyn Kelly, and we're here at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks to bring you the second Republican Presidential Debate!

*crowd cheers*

Carlson: That's right, Megyn. We're here with...

...Former Georgia State Representative Alveda King...

...Conservative Commentator Ben Shapiro...

...Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley...

...Vice President Paul Ryan...

...Senator from Ohio Rob Portman...

...Former Secretary of Commerce and Senator from Pennsylvania Rick Santorum...

...Vermont Governor Phil Scott...

...Representative from Michigan's 3rd District Justin Amash...

...and Senator from Alaska Lisa Murkowski.

Kelly: Now, the candidates have all been briefed on the format of the debate and their responses, but, to our viewers at home, here's how it's going to work. Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation.

Carlson: Indeed. Let's get started.

Specific Questions

To State Rep. King: For decades, African-Americans have been an almost universally Democratic constituency. Do you believe you could be the candidate to end that trend?

To Mr. Shapiro: As a longtime political commentator, what's your take on the Democratic field at this time?

To Governor Haley: You've been struggling in the polls recently. How do you intend to rectify this?

To Vice President Ryan: You'll be just shy of 59 on Inauguration Day of 2029. With such a long potential post-presidency, what do you intend to do with the possibilities therein?

To Senator Portman: In both your senatorial races, you won by more than 20 points in a state President Romney never won by more than 6. Do you believe you could be the Republican who finally topples the old Democratic strongholds of Minnesota, Michigan, and Pennsylvania?

To Secretary Santorum: Some have come to refer to you as the strongest "real Republican" in this race. Do you take that as a compliment, or does it sounds exclusionary toward social liberals and libertarians, in your opinion?

To Governor Scott: Recently, you were endorsed by this state's Farm Bureau. Do you believe this means the pro-agriculture theme within your campaign is bearing fruit?

To Rep. Amash: In the past, you've expressed interest in running for office as a Libertarian. What convinced you to stick with the GOP this year?

To Senator Murkowski: Following your vote to maintain Obamacare in its current form, you survived a nasty primary challenge from former Governor Sarah Palin. How do you intend to bring more hardline conservatives into the fold if nominated?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies