Top 5 Favorite Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Top 5 Favorite Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 5 Favorite Presidents  (Read 11329 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: June 15, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »

I do not rank presidents but if this is a list of my FAVORITE presidents that is a different matter entirely.

1. Warren G. Harding is a president that I have always personally liked. Any man who can play the Sousaphone and run a newspaper will always receive high marks from me.

2. Andrew Johnson stands as one of my favorite presidents. His father died trying to save men from drowning, I have always respected the tailoring profession and his work to help Native Americans is to be respected (my mother was a Native American).

3. Martin van Buren as an obvious libertarian pick. I have always respected van Buren. When I was in first grade it was because of his whiskers, which I found pretty cool. Over time I have grown to respect how he labored to make retail politics respectable and form a presidency which tried to preserve peace. My one issue with him has always been the Trial of Tears but after enough research I have come to the conclusion that nothing else could have been done.

4. Theodore Roosevelt is one of my personal favorites even though I do not really like anything he did. He was a man's man. If you ever read Commissioner Roosevelt by H. Paul Jeffers you will learn of a lot of awesome deeds that Roosevelt did as police commissioner in NYC. It will simply cement in your mind that TR was the most bad ass man until the birth of Jason Statham.

5. Jimmy Carter is a president that I have always liked because he worked on a nuclear sub. I think that he is what Bobby Fischer would have been if the chess great had social skills. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies