Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:14:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 161386 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »

US Attorney is a good launchpad. It's still Alabama, but surprisingly credible candidate
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »

Wow, looking like a landslide folks.

(Credit to Miles)

This Jeb! meme will never get old

Also can I just say how happy I am for Miles that he's gone mainstream as THE map guy on political Twitter? I love it.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:11:56 PM »

Like I said I The VA thread - throw in the average.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 05:33:49 PM »

Good for Bill Kristol.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »

I knew something scandalous from Moore's past would surface. I hope he wins now more than ever so that it proves how deplorable the voters are.

Tortuous logic

And did anyone really think Roy Moore was not an utter scumbag?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »

Fudotei, excellent posts. Helpful to get some insight from someone fairly right-leaning
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:38:16 PM »

He merely said they became the parents of Jesus, not how. Smiley They took advantage of the adoption tax credit the House Republicans are trying to axe.

Haha!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »

Talked to may family. Of those I have spoken to, none will vote for Moore. All are evangelical Christians and most are Trump voters.

Very commendable. Good for them.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »

Because your reaction would have been exactly the same in 2000 or 2012. We need not list all the reasons why victims might remain silent for so long when they are preyed upon by men in positions of power. You are demonstrating why right now.

Exactly, lol. The "why didn't they come out sooner" is the stupidest garbage ever. Why the hell does it matter that they waited to say something? Stupid ass deflection. The victims didn't want to relive the trauma, and that's perfectly acceptable.

Yes! Exactly.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »

Yeah, the fact that all character testimonies seem to actually be backing these accusations up, and that the conservative media and Moore surrogates are trying to rationalize it by comparing his relations to biblical stories, really tells you all you need to know about how this scandal will play out. I expect more accusations are yet to come still.
The biblical comparisons are quite franklyrics terrifying. Even if Solomon had X many concubines that really doesn't make it OK to be a pedophile. I couldn't imagine living in a society based off the old testament's rules.

The biblical analogies are also biblically illiterate, and comparing the (supposedly) celibate marriage of Mary and Joseph 2000 years ago to *child molestation* should sicken and appall every person of faith.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »

I might not be so adamant about not letting this seat go to a Democrat, if the Democrats were not trying to disrupt the nomination process across the board.  

I can understand the attempt to slow down the judicial nominations.  But I want them to be approved.  So, I do not want to give you another weapon.

There no excuse for the slow down of Executive Department nominations. That has to stop.

There’s really not that much Dems can do, even with an extra Senator, to slow appointments
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:52:56 PM »

For a former judge Moore must be really dumb to not know how Discovery works
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:02 PM »

The question of "why now?" has a simple answer. That answer is that with the downfall of people like Harvey Weinstein and Louis CK and Kevin Spacey, women now feel empowered to speak the truth about people who sexually assaulted them. This is new in our culture.

I mean more about what exactly the sheriff and other powerful county officials were doing sitting on their ass knowing Moore was up to this kind of behavior.

I 100% agree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies