Will Democrats ever regain a majority of governorships again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:05:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Democrats ever regain a majority of governorships again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Democrats ever regain a majority of governorships again?  (Read 3267 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: November 17, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »

Maryland and Massachusetts, depending on how that goes down, are probably the most obvious targets in 2018. 2018 looks pretty good for them, I have to say.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »

Oklahoma could be Tier 2 in the right situation - Dorman performed respectably this year, and four more years of Fallin isn't going to be good for the Republicans. Chances are, if 2018 is a Democrat wave, then Oklahoma is definitely possible.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »

Oklahoma could be Tier 2 in the right situation - Dorman performed respectably this year, and four more years of Fallin isn't going to be good for the Republicans. Chances are, if 2018 is a Democrat wave, then Oklahoma is definitely possible.

What's the problem with Fallin? Ok, she is a religious nutjob but I thought that would be a plus in freaking Oklahoma.

She fumbled education pretty hard here, which is like one of three issues Oklahomans care about. For me, what angers me most is she won't touch our insane sales tax, which is one of the highest in the nation.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »

What's the problem with Fallin? Ok, she is a religious nutjob but I thought that would be a plus in freaking Oklahoma.

She fumbled education pretty hard here, which is like one of three issues Oklahomans care about. For me, what angers me most is she won't touch our insane sales tax, which is one of the highest in the nation.

A Republican not willing to even consider lowering a tax? Huh??

Well there is a faction of Republicans that want a national sales tax in replace of the income tax, so the sales tax would have to go up in order for the income tax to go down.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »

Could Joe Dorman be the Charlie Baker of 2018? Tongue

We'll see. He could certainly get Todd Hiett as an opponent (he lost the Lt. Gov. election to Jari Askins despite being generally favored.) It would probably take a weak sauce opponent.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »

Maryland and Massachusetts, depending on how that goes down, are probably the most obvious targets in 2018. 2018 looks pretty good for them, I have to say.

Well yeah, there's really nowhere to go but up. Tongue

It also depends on how they govern. I could see Charlie Baker winning re-election by a massive margin due to being bipartisan or what not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies