Did Lyndon Johnson Underperform in 1964? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:22:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did Lyndon Johnson Underperform in 1964? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Lyndon Johnson Underperform in 1964?  (Read 5085 times)
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« on: December 28, 2015, 11:46:33 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2015, 11:50:13 PM by GPORTER »

It took me a while to realize that American politics is pretty much all the same. I can only speak to myself but I think I risk knowing results of elections better than I know the words written down in the Bible. I think that Lyndon Johnson underperformed in 1964. It is not surprising that he did given the results of elections 1952 and 1956 and 1960. Lyndon Johnson was always one of the most nationally unelectable Democrats in his day. I would have been fascinated to know if Lyndon Johnson would have pulled out another election win in 1968. Considering the thirty sixth President was going on his conviction and best judgment when he announced he would not seek a second full term in March 1968 what would have been equally interesting as a President Johnson the Democrat nominee for President in 1968 is a case where both Lyndon Johnson and Robert Kennedy were alive on election day in November 1968.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies