Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:05:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144333 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »

I think IceSpear should lay off the sheer amount of posts he makes about it. It’s the same thing over and over again, and it’s a bit annoying at this point. We get it, you don’t think the Democrats have a chance of winning. You don’t have to make 50 posts about it.

Actually, let's be honest: the forum would be better off if IceSpear just left. Has he contributed anything meaningful at all in the last month? Anything at all, beyond incessant bitching about West Virginia and Alabama?

He's a good poster when he's not trolling the sh-t out of everyone, but it's kind of annoying to see him constantly doing the same thing he used to lambast Tender Branson for doing in 2016.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »

What a ridiculous argument. If that were the case, every special election ever scheduled would be rescheduled just because the placeholder died or resigned! No matter all the people who voted in the primary or all the investment that went into holding the election, printing the ballots, and counting the ballots. Not to mention all the people that donated to the various candidates. That makes no sense at all!
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »

Ivey shoots down the crazy suggestion to have Strange resign and call a new special election:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ivey is a FF
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »

Guess there's not much of a point in having people on ignore if everyone is going to keep feeding them.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

Yeah, goddamn, like 2/3 of this thread has been a series of 2 or more posters headlocked in arguments over tangential minutiae or stuff that just doesn't have anything to do with the election whatsoever.

I have a number of people on ignore. The last couple of pages have been 1/2 ignored people, 1/4 people quoting ignored people, and 1/4 real content.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

I'm bored. When does this election actually happen?

Right? At this point it feels less like an imminent vote and more like the electoral equivalent of Godot.

Second half of the next decade.

Seriously though, it's Dec 12, just a bit over 2 weeks away.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 03:05:14 PM »

Part of me thinks Jones pro-choice stance is the sole thing costing him this race, but then I think if it wasn't abortion it'd be another issue people would use as an excuse. Gay marriage, taxes, Hillary, Obama people would look any excuse not to vote for a Dem.

Agree.

Didn't Moore refuse to debate Jones because Jones thinks Trans people are entitled to some rights?
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:47:34 AM »

If Jones does win, I do expect McConnell to put up a fuss about seating him even without legal standing.

Why do you think that?  If the election is certified by the Alabama SoS, there would be no grounds to refuse to seat the winner.  McConnell is terrible in many ways, but I can't see him doing that just to be awful.
If McConnell wanted to do something he would have to told Strange to resign and have Ivey appoint Brooks and trigger a new election. If this wasn't on the table I doubt McConnell will put up a fight about seating Jones.

I still don't think that would trigger a new election. There would definitely be a court case at the very least.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »

Muh States' Rights!
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 03:57:34 AM »

Big endorsements keep coming for Roy Moore.

Well that solidifies the 4chan demographic.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »

If Jones loses, it's a lesson learned for the Democrats: Don't run openly pro-choice people in states like Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

If it wasn't abortion, it would just be some other issue they'd use.

I'm not convinced any pro-life Democrat would be doing seriously better than Jones.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359871-moore-i-refused-to-debate-democratic-opponent-because-of-stance-on

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Moore refused to debate not because of Jones's abortion views, but his views on transgender people.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »

Damn, the concern trolls are out in force tonight.

That doesn't matter though. I can see why that would piss off black potential Jones voters.
What in the flyer is inaccurate? I don't see how it is problematic to remind black voters that Moore is benefiting from white supremacy and they must come out to vote and stop it.
This.

If Moore was black, I guarantee that he'd be out. If he was going after black girls, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be out. If he was going after teenage boys, he'd be out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies