Trump attacks Greta on Twitter because he’s a douche (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:48:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump attacks Greta on Twitter because he’s a douche (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump attacks Greta on Twitter because he’s a douche  (Read 3242 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 12, 2019, 12:39:59 PM »

How can you have a problem with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler? She is a humorless robot. Sad..
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »

Greta Thunberg is literally a hero. Donald Trump is literally a villain. He barely deserves to walk on the same ground as Greta does. What decorum he exhibits as the most powerful man on Earth by taking the time and going out of his way to demean a CHILD for trying to literally save the world.

Yes I know what "literally" means and how to use it properly, and my statements stand.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »

Is it bad form to say while Trump's being weird, Greta by virtue of being a public figure Greta sort of invites criticism?
Not bad form but that argument is silly. Just because your a public figure doesn’t mean the president has a right to personality attack you unprovoked
This argues the President has no right to launch an attack.
He absolutely has a RIGHT to attack her. What he doesn't have is a right to attack her without the public turning around and calling him a piece of s__t for doing so.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 05:02:17 AM »

Is it bad form to say while Trump's being weird, Greta by virtue of being a public figure Greta sort of invites criticism?

She doesn't do anything to harm people. She is a crusader for saving the environment, (the environment that Trump is trying to ruin.)

What is there to criticize? Why not just stuff it if she's not hurting people? Her generation is worried by the destruction she sees happening and are speaking out about it.

She's trying to rob me and take my money.
LOL! Money only has value to humans on planets if the planets can sustain human life.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »

Didn't his wife just say to leave children out of politics?

Making a play on words about a name is totally the same as this /s
Yes coz Barron Trump is as politically involved as Greta. Greta can be attacked because she chose to get involved. I don't really care about the Barron trump name coz its really not about him but  children who stay apolitical should not be attacked but those who want to be the face of a movement should be allowed to be attacked.

I would like to mention that Trump's attack is just childish however and not acceptable but I hate this idea how Greta can't be criticized at all because she's a child.

The highlighted portion is basically my position on this.

When I was Greta's age, I was politically active.  I was volunteering on Democratic campaigns (which involved vandalizing the opposition's campaign billboards and engaging in underage drinking with adult activists, lol) and marching in pro-impeachment demonstrations.  (This was 1973, and the activists marching used their other side of the "Out Now!" antiwar Vietnam War signs as their "Honk for Impeachment" signs.)  So I was politically active.  I don't see that as a bad thing for 16 year olds. 

When you're "Person Of The Year" of TIME Magazine, you are a public figure in ways that Barron Trump isn't.  That people don't get this is beyond me.  To tut-tut Greta as a teenage snotnose is an unfair and condescending approach to her activism.  That's the approach that Trump took, and while she's stepped into an adult arena and subjects herself to such attacks voluntarily, this is the part of Trump that serves no useful purpose.  He'll get 10 times the flak he dishes out, and he's brought that on all by himself.

But it's certainly not out of bounds to question her selection by TIME magazine over, say, the Hong Kong protesters (who are the biggest FFs I've seen in a long time).  It's not out of bounds to question the positions Greta advocates, or to suggest she's misinformed, or even to question her motives.  She's a girl who's opted to do a grown woman's job, and she's chosen this.  I don't like the idea of putting legal children front and center on any political movement, but this is a fait acompli and Greta doesn't seem to mind the role.  (Truthfully, I think she enjoys every minute of Trump's attacks; it's a sign to her leftist peers that "She's Arrived!".)

Anyone who doesn't make the distinction between the Greta Thunberg/David Hogg teens and the Barron Trump/Sasha and Malia Obama teens is being deliberately dishonest.  As if they don't have enough ammo to bash Trump.  You step into the political arena, you get attacked.  Period.  It's a game for adults.  Joey Jay was 15 years old when he first pitched in the big leagues and they didn't throw 50 mph fastballs when he got up to bat.

Just stop talking you nonstop embarrassment.

Opinions vary:

Didn't his wife just say to leave children out of politics?

Making a play on words about a name is totally the same as this /s
Yes coz Barron Trump is as politically involved as Greta. Greta can be attacked because she chose to get involved. I don't really care about the Barron trump name coz its really not about him but  children who stay apolitical should not be attacked but those who want to be the face of a movement should be allowed to be attacked.

I would like to mention that Trump's attack is just childish however and not acceptable but I hate this idea how Greta can't be criticized at all because she's a child.

The highlighted portion is basically my position on this.

When I was Greta's age, I was politically active.  I was volunteering on Democratic campaigns (which involved vandalizing the opposition's campaign billboards and engaging in underage drinking with adult activists, lol) and marching in pro-impeachment demonstrations.  (This was 1973, and the activists marching used their other side of the "Out Now!" antiwar Vietnam War signs as their "Honk for Impeachment" signs.)  So I was politically active.  I don't see that as a bad thing for 16 year olds. 

When you're "Person Of The Year" of TIME Magazine, you are a public figure in ways that Barron Trump isn't.  That people don't get this is beyond me.  To tut-tut Greta as a teenage snotnose is an unfair and condescending approach to her activism.  That's the approach that Trump took, and while she's stepped into an adult arena and subjects herself to such attacks voluntarily, this is the part of Trump that serves no useful purpose.  He'll get 10 times the flak he dishes out, and he's brought that on all by himself.

But it's certainly not out of bounds to question her selection by TIME magazine over, say, the Hong Kong protesters (who are the biggest FFs I've seen in a long time).  It's not out of bounds to question the positions Greta advocates, or to suggest she's misinformed, or even to question her motives.  She's a girl who's opted to do a grown woman's job, and she's chosen this.  I don't like the idea of putting legal children front and center on any political movement, but this is a fait acompli and Greta doesn't seem to mind the role.  (Truthfully, I think she enjoys every minute of Trump's attacks; it's a sign to her leftist peers that "She's Arrived!".)

Anyone who doesn't make the distinction between the Greta Thunberg/David Hogg teens and the Barron Trump/Sasha and Malia Obama teens is being deliberately dishonest.  As if they don't have enough ammo to bash Trump.  You step into the political arena, you get attacked.  Period.  It's a game for adults.  Joey Jay was 15 years old when he first pitched in the big leagues and they didn't throw 50 mph fastballs when he got up to bat.

Nice post Fuzzy. From the heart....
Your personal story (which was very nice) doesn't make your position on attacking children personally any more or any less corect.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 09:27:04 AM »

Your personal story (which was very nice) doesn't make your position on attacking children personally any more or any less corect.

True enough.  But the part where it's cited that this "child" who's a high school graduate who has entered the adult world and functioned as an adult to the point where she's engaging in world environmental politics, with access to World Leaders, does make her different than, say, my 14 year old son or my 15 year old granddaughter, does it not?

Greta Thunberg is, essentially, functioning as an Emancipated Minor.  Let's look at what she's up to:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[7] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[8] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[9] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[10] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, and in 2019 Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people and the youngest individual Time Person of the Year.[11][12] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York. Thunberg was also nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.[13]]Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[7] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[8] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[9] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[10] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, and in 2019 Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people and the youngest individual Time Person of the Year.[11][12] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York. Thunberg was also nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.[13]

These are pretty adult things.  Admirable things, even if you disagree with her positions on climate change.  Not Childish things.  Not the things children do.  And she's already a high school graduate.  You can't do the things she's done and be immune from criticism.  For Greta Thunberg to expect that she will be received uncritically until she turns 18 is unrealistic, and not even right.

Badger attacked the Covington Catholic High School Kids on a school trip, then didn't back down when the narrative against them was shown to be false.  All because some were wearing MAGA hats.  One young man (Nick Sandmann) was viciously attacked by prominent media (a Disney producter talked about running Sandmann and his classmates through the woodchipper and Kathy Griffin encouraged people to doxx him).  Badger was OK with attacking THOSE minors.

Here's 21 pages of what Atlas thinks about "attacking children".  There are some real stars in this thread.  ProudModerate2 puts forth some of his "best work".  Badger is already mentioned; this was part of his Atlas Left Pro-Bowl Performance.  But there's Impeachment Inquiry (DrScholl), AtolBoltox, and some others just piling on these kids.  At the time, I documented some of the "adult" responses to these kids:

Quote from: Fuzzy Bear
The response to these kids by GROWNUPS, after knowing the whole situation, is infuriating.  Bakari Sellers SHOULD be terminated from CNN (for stating he wanted to punch those kids on Twitter).  Alyssa Milano should be unceremoniously removed, with a reprimand, as spokesperson for the ASPCA, for comparing these kids to the KKK in a tweet.  Kathy Griffin should be blacklisted from all gigs for calling for the doxxing of these kids, who are just that:  KIDS!  Jack Morrisey advocated KILLING the "MAGA kids" by throwing them, hats first, into a woodchipper.  Cyntoia Brown KILLED a person while he was sleeping when she was a teenager, and she gets more props and more sympathy here than kids who, while not having the tragic narrative of Cyntoia Brown, are kids who are going to school, obeying laws, and standing up for what THEY believe in (which, on this day, was the Pro-Life cause, a cause I consider to be both noble and courageous in this day and age).

Badger has no more to say on this topic than Bakari Sellers, Alyssa Milano, Kathy Griffin or Jack Morrisey (to name a few).  And when you compare Trump's tweet here to what Sellers, Milano, Griffen, and Morrisey (as well as others) said about the Covington Catholic Kids, they have nothing to say regarding Trump on this issue.  The only thing they have to say is "I'm sorry.  I was wrong and hateful." to Nick Sandmann.  

So you'll forgive me if I think Badger, T'chenka, and some others here are just full of crap.  Before you ask what their position is on "attacking" Greta Thunberg, check out what they said about the Covington Catholic kids, and cite the double standard of more than one poster here.
Why are you implying that Badger and I think you shpuld show the same respect to every child in every situation? That's obviously not the case Fuzzy.

Here's a fun example. A child selling chocolates to raise money for the local youth activity club knocks on my door and asks if I would like to purchase some chocolate. I tell him that I actually do want to, but I don't have any cash and the bank is closed. Here are two potential replies:

REPLY A - Do you want me to come back tomorrow when you have cash, sir?

REPLY B - White trash always lie about having money but they're always actually broke and unemployed. You should be ashamed of being poor, ashamed of being unemployed and ashamed of being white.

Reply A Child deserves to not be attacked on a personal level. Reply B Child has gone out of his way to attack me and make me feel sub-human. Why are you implying that Badger and I would expect somebody else to show Child A and Child B the exact same amount of respect? Has Thunberg possibly or potentially gone out of her way to harass a minority for being proud of their culture?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »

True enough.  But the part where it's cited that this "child" who's a high school graduate who has entered the adult world and functioned as an adult to the point where she's engaging in world environmental politics, with access to World Leaders, does make her different than, say, my 14 year old son or my 15 year old granddaughter, does it not?

Greta Thunberg is, essentially, functioning as an Emancipated Minor.  Let's look at what she's up to:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[7] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[8] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[9] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[10] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, and in 2019 Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people and the youngest individual Time Person of the Year.[11][12] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York. Thunberg was also nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.[13]]Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[7] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[8] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[9] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[10] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, and in 2019 Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people and the youngest individual Time Person of the Year.[11][12] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York. Thunberg was also nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.[13]

These are pretty adult things.  Admirable things, even if you disagree with her positions on climate change.  Not Childish things.  Not the things children do.  And she's already a high school graduate.  You can't do the things she's done and be immune from criticism.  For Greta Thunberg to expect that she will be received uncritically until she turns 18 is unrealistic, and not even right.

Badger attacked the Covington Catholic High School Kids on a school trip, then didn't back down when the narrative against them was shown to be false.  All because some were wearing MAGA hats.  One young man (Nick Sandmann) was viciously attacked by prominent media (a Disney producter talked about running Sandmann and his classmates through the woodchipper and Kathy Griffin encouraged people to doxx him).  Badger was OK with attacking THOSE minors.

Here's 21 pages of what Atlas thinks about "attacking children".  There are some real stars in this thread.  ProudModerate2 puts forth some of his "best work".  Badger is already mentioned; this was part of his Atlas Left Pro-Bowl Performance.  But there's Impeachment Inquiry (DrScholl), AtolBoltox, and some others just piling on these kids.  At the time, I documented some of the "adult" responses to these kids:

Quote from: Fuzzy Bear
The response to these kids by GROWNUPS, after knowing the whole situation, is infuriating.  Bakari Sellers SHOULD be terminated from CNN (for stating he wanted to punch those kids on Twitter).  Alyssa Milano should be unceremoniously removed, with a reprimand, as spokesperson for the ASPCA, for comparing these kids to the KKK in a tweet.  Kathy Griffin should be blacklisted from all gigs for calling for the doxxing of these kids, who are just that:  KIDS!  Jack Morrisey advocated KILLING the "MAGA kids" by throwing them, hats first, into a woodchipper.  Cyntoia Brown KILLED a person while he was sleeping when she was a teenager, and she gets more props and more sympathy here than kids who, while not having the tragic narrative of Cyntoia Brown, are kids who are going to school, obeying laws, and standing up for what THEY believe in (which, on this day, was the Pro-Life cause, a cause I consider to be both noble and courageous in this day and age).

Badger has no more to say on this topic than Bakari Sellers, Alyssa Milano, Kathy Griffin or Jack Morrisey (to name a few).  And when you compare Trump's tweet here to what Sellers, Milano, Griffen, and Morrisey (as well as others) said about the Covington Catholic Kids, they have nothing to say regarding Trump on this issue.  The only thing they have to say is "I'm sorry.  I was wrong and hateful." to Nick Sandmann.  

So you'll forgive me if I think Badger, T'chenka, and some others here are just full of crap.  Before you ask what their position is on "attacking" Greta Thunberg, check out what they said about the Covington Catholic kids, and cite the double standard of more than one poster here.
Why are you implying that Badger and I think you shpuld show the same respect to every child in every situation? That's obviously not the case Fuzzy.

Here's a fun example. A child selling chocolates to raise money for the local youth activity club knocks on my door and asks if I would like to purchase some chocolate. I tell him that I actually do want to, but I don't have any cash and the bank is closed. Here are two potential replies:

REPLY A - Do you want me to come back tomorrow when you have cash, sir?

REPLY B - White trash always lie about having money but they're always actually broke and unemployed. You should be ashamed of being poor, ashamed of being unemployed and ashamed of being white.

Reply A Child deserves to not be attacked on a personal level. Reply B Child has gone out of his way to attack me and make me feel sub-human. Why are you implying that Badger and I would expect somebody else to show Child A and Child B the exact same amount of respect? Has Thunberg possibly or potentially gone out of her way to harass a minority for being proud of their culture?

Nick Sandmann didn't do so, and you know it.  And events are at the point to where if you say he did, you're either misinformed, or a liar.  You and Badger both.

But I'll dial that back, and ask you if the responses by (A) Bakari Sellers, (B) Kathy Griffin, (C) Alyssa Milano, and (D) Jack Morrisey were appropriate.  Perhaps you can unequivocally condemn their responses.
Badger and those 4 celebrities believed in their hearts that the Covington kids were harassing a native man in a vefy racist and disrespectful way, and commented on the kids within that context. When Greta starts telling black Swedes to go back to Africa, I will NOT attack you if you decide to call her a racist or a piece of s__t. That would be an approriate time to call a teenager names.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies