Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:56:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 71471 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 26, 2023, 08:30:00 PM »

Was there ever zero registered voters in the United Kingdom? I am seeing now that Griff and Thumb moved out, but I dunno if there were any others.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 03:50:08 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2023, 05:09:31 AM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

For the time being, the position of the Attorney General's office is that the as-of-now current understanding of the Census Bureau is the law of the land. I welcome a quicker-than-usual judgement on this issue from the highest court in the land, considering what is up in the air.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 08:03:01 PM »

Thread re-opened.

It is not my desire to criticize Ishan or anyone else for that matter. However, this situation is one that requires expeditious action for the stability of government.

Surely the Attorney General or someone can fill in as defense attorney for a government agency, or some similar resolution be found?

I think we also need to consider legislation to allow the Department of Elections to revise a count after certification. When Rpryor messed up the April 2017 At-Large House election certification it was fixed within a couple of days and no court case was involved. Considering that I have warned about the decline of the efficacy of the judicial system (its not the justices fault, more a cultural shift and other factors in Atlasia at large), hinging something like this on the ability of the judicial system to quickly intervene and resolve a situation is now too big an ask barring a dramatic shift back to how these things worked in the 2010s.

Mistakes will happen, voters overlooked (as happened in 2017) or wrongly included etc and relying on a complex process for resolution is unwise when we used to have a much simpler way to resolve this kind of thing, and we have to be mindful of the limits of the game as it is. 

Would it beneficial if I looked around for someone who could serve as a lawyer in defense of the defendant?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2023, 08:05:32 PM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

Funny this is the day, of all days, I chose to rest my computer. Murphy's Law I suppose...
I trust the Supreme Court to come to a fair ruling on whether or not YoungTexan has violated the law, and if so, what consequences that will carry.
How long that process will precisely manifest, I cannot be sure.
I know that in one case in the past with me as defendant, it came soon enough. And we don't win all our battles.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 08:08:46 PM »

Well well, you cannot accuse NCY of being unwilling to use the court system.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 10:55:43 PM »

Not surprised to see the No More Nineteenth law in court. At all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies