Things that make you doubt people's credibility (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:58:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Things that make you doubt people's credibility (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things that make you doubt people's credibility  (Read 3654 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: February 04, 2012, 03:23:17 AM »

I doubt people's credibility when they:

never make demands on themselves, but only on others.
never find fault with themselves, but always blame others.
never try to understand others, demanding others understand them.
hate others whom they don't even know and were never wronged by.
say they care about truth but then only rely on slogans and stereotypes.

But, most importantly, when they don't like good beer and don't laugh much.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:41 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2012, 05:06:45 AM by anvi »

And yes, my income is my income, not yours. I essentially trade my time and skilled effort in exhange for goods/services/savings for me and my family, not you. We are not all in this together.

Right.  Because your income doesn't depend on the success of the company you work for, which doesn't depend on consumption, which doesn't depend on the activity of other salary-earners who do the consuming, which doesn't depend on economic prosperity, which doesn't depend on infrastructure made available to the society, which doesn't depend on tax payments, which doesn't depend on government that is defended by other of your fellow-citizens, which doesn't depend on your fellow-citizens consenting to enter into a socio-political arrangement with you that will give you the opportunity to flourish, which doesn't depend on basic commitments that groups of people living in society make to one another's well-being.  And, on top of all that, your income doesn't depend on your qualifications for the work you do, which doesn't depend on the education you received, which doesn't depend on serviced facilities and teachers, which doesn't depend on the contributions of your fellow-citizens.  And, finally, your ability to show up for work every day to earn your income doesn't depend on your being able to eat, which doesn't depend on reliable food inspection, which doesn't depend on people who are paid to do the work of ensuring that what you eat won't kill you....

Yeah, you're exactly right Politico, we are all in this by ourselves.  In fact, I'm going to call my congressman right now and demand that, whatever tax money I paid last year that happened to benefit you, very specifically, or your family in any way, be returned to me promptly.  It is, after all, my income.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies