The Confederate Flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:56:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Confederate Flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Confederate Flag  (Read 14988 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 12, 2004, 10:16:04 PM »

Exactly what do you mean by "banned"?  Should it be illegal to have one in your posssession?  Even as a bumper sticker?  Absolutely not.  The flag has historical significance, and I think that is within a person's fundamental rights to display the flag if they choose.

It should be removed from all state flags, but each state must take care of that themselves.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 10:40:34 PM »

Perhaps I wasn't very clear.  I believe the Confederate flag *should* be removed from state flags.  However, it is within each states rights to have whatever flag they choose for their state.  I would be in favor of the legislatures of those states voting to remove this divisive emblem from their state flag.  I would not be in favor of the federal government stepping in, and mandating that the Confederate flag must be removed from state flags.

Was that more clear?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 11:56:43 AM »

I also think Hawaii should get rid of the British Union Jack on their state flag....not really sure why they have it there...
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 12:08:26 PM »

Why should they remove the British Union Jack? Hawaii was discovered by the British. It had heavy British influence. Should we next remove the colors of our flag because those colors were adopted from the Union Jack. The Confederate Flag is developed from the british flag as well.

Ok fine, I don't really care to argue the point and it's not something I feel strongly about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies