Russia General Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:53:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia General Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russia General Megathread  (Read 5951 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: April 28, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »

ag are you an "old" btw(in American sense)? Also do you know who are olds and youngs in Russia today? I am really dissapointed at the fact that somewhat youngs(families with young kids) started going to church more often now, but I guess that's to be expected. When I was growing up there was a pretty deep divide between really olds and everyone else, because the olds would hang out on lavochkas and quarrel while consuming sunflower seeds and obviously vote communist. I'd be interested to know about the more nuanced generational differences in Russia that I couldn't observe as a kid.

I am not ag, but i live in Russia and "old" enough (55). So - my "2 cents".. Few old people still hang out on lavochkas and so on, but many of them still vote communist. Most of the other - vote for Putin and his "United Russia", being grateful to authorities even for the crumbs they have. Youth doesn't spend time on "lavochkas" too, and usually don't vote at all...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:10 AM »

More then typical situation here in Russia)))
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies