New Tradesports rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:13:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  New Tradesports rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Tradesports rankings  (Read 183853 times)
poughies
« on: April 01, 2007, 10:17:14 PM »

anyone with half a brain would buy Richardson at this price.... Unless it turns out he shot someone (yes he has "women" problems), he will sky rocket later this year... and 6 million as the hotline said is a real show of strength.
poughies
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:05:46 PM »

Somebody would be smart to BUY BUY BUY BUY Clinton.
poughies
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »

Richardson should move up after this debate i would think.
poughies
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:16:41 PM »

Virginia is a steal at that price.....
poughies
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 12:12:49 AM »

Actually, I would think that with the primaries moving up it gives less time for the candidates to recover from an early fall.... hell Clinton lost the first primary and caucus (granted Iowa was a giveme for Harkin)... it was only after he was able to spin his 2nd place finish that he was able to moveup...

Oh btw, the super primaries are two weeks from new hampshire!

And three weeks from Iowa!

So there is plenty of time if u are of the belief that moving everything up takes away significance...

If the polls in those states didn't mean anything, then why did Giuliani pull out of ames?
poughies
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 03:50:55 AM »

I really don't understand all this Romney hype.  Inspite of the fact that he has attracted so much press, he hasn't seen much of a bump in the polls.  I don't even really understand why he is in the top tier, other than the press says he is.

he's leading in most polls out of Iowa and NH...

With all the primaries moved up, they will mean far far less than in years past, plus, he has been pratically living there, unlike the other candidates.

The 2004 Democratic primaries were slightly tainted by the media frenzy over the "Dean scream", but they provide a good illustratin of how much sheer momentum the winner of the Iowa primary builds up. If Romney wins Iowa, Nevada should be a breeze for him (Mormon population turns out substantially, plus the usual momentum and supporters), and then he comes into New Hampshire ahead in the polls and having both previous states. First place in all three of the first states and Romney is clearly going to be one of the top two, if not the winner, even though he's unlikely to do well in South Carolina.

Edwards won South Carolina..... it proved to be inconsequential... granted more importance seems placed on it this year.
poughies
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:46 AM »

Buy Obama only to sell later.... Buy Richardson (he's bound to go up).... Buy Huckabee....
poughies
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »

What happens if Thompson flops?  Does Huckabee become the next big thing?

no, I've already discussed a million times why Huckabee wdoesn't appeal to evangelicals.  maybe Brownback or Gingrich get another look.  or maybe it just becomes Giuliani vs. Romney.  also maybe McCain gets another look.
Right, Huckabee doesn't have enough of that harsh, condemning rhetoric.  Is that really an acute assesment or more of an example of your cynicism for religious voters?

it's not just me, of course.  others have speculated upon it.  and if he was such an evangelical magnet he'd have made some headway by now, especially in a field lacking an undisputed social conservative.

I couldn't disagree with u more on that he won't make headway. The obvious reason why he hasn't caught fire is that he doesn't have any money. This brings up the legitimate question: why doesn't he have any money? I believe there is are numerous reasons. First, when I think of religious candidates, I think of Brownback (forget the religion). Second, there was a strong outreach by McCain early on to the religious right (be it the late Falwell or Robertson), which clearly failed, but took up air. Third, which connects to the first two points, is that Huckabee isn't that well known. He was the Governor of a small southern state.

Now if he gets any money, he can get on the air. Look why the hell has Romney made any headway? I guarantee it isn't because of what he did in Massachusetts. Its money and organization.

And Fred Thompson is a joke and his voters are up for grabs. If they didn't like Romney or Giuliani already, look for them to take a look at Huckabee.

Huckabee looks a hell of a lot better in the debates than any of the candidates...... and I still have no idea how he made that evolution thing work for him.... but I walked away saying, I'm looking at a contender.
poughies
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:14:30 PM »

Huckabee would be a terrific candidate if not for the evolution flub.  There's no way in hell I could support a candidate like that.

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a terrific candidate but I also would have been a bit more open to the idea of him becoming President if it wasn't for his stand against science.

On choice or stem cell? Or is it the evolution? Cause the first two ARE national issues, but the last is a state and county issue.
poughies
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:15 AM »

Huckabee would be a terrific candidate if not for the evolution flub.  There's no way in hell I could support a candidate like that.

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a terrific candidate but I also would have been a bit more open to the idea of him becoming President if it wasn't for his stand against science.

On choice or stem cell? Or is it the evolution? Cause the first two ARE national issues, but the last is a state and county issue.

It's the principle of the matter. If he's willfully ignorant on one issue, he's probably willfully ignorant on lots of other issues, too, and I definitely don't trust him to be President.

Fair enough.... i wouldn't vote for a city councilman because he backed the wrong dem in the primary for mayor.... like that endorsement made any difference....
poughies
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 02:07:34 AM »

Another Democratic debate. Obama drops a couple of points. Richardson has a huge drop (although his bid/ask are much higher).

Democrats
Clinton 62.8
Obama 20.6
Gore 8.6
Edwards 7.3
Richardson 0.5
Biden 0.2
Dodd 0.1 (305 bids)

Republicans
Giuliani 36.2
Romney 23.4
Thompson 23.0
McCain 6.3
Paul 4.2
Gingrich 3.5
Huckabee 3.4
Hagel 0.8
Rice 0.7
Brownback 0.2
J. Bush 0.1 (633 bids)
Tancredo 0.1 (629 bids)

You know in the beginning I really thought that she wouldn't make it.... there are still 4+ months to go, but I haven't even seen a dent yet.

Huckabee is a steal 3.4.... Paul is a ripoff at the price he's at. Speak to weakness of Brownback with him .2. Romney is a good buy at 23.4.... Thompson is a ripoff. McCain seems fair.
poughies
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »

shucks i could have made a killing buy Romney....
poughies
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 08:04:01 PM »

He's only trading at 26–27.  I think there's still room to make money there.

I know there is... Smart people would trade for him, Huckabee, Richardson, and Biden... And its getting a little crazy with Hillary, so Obama as well.
poughies
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »

He's only trading at 26–27.  I think there's still room to make money there.

I know there is... Smart people would trade for him, Huckabee, Richardson, and Biden... And its getting a little crazy with Hillary, so Obama as well.

Why Biden? The rest I can see, but Biden hasn't managed to make an impact anywhere with anyone, and there's no indication that he will (and thus make his price go up). Richardson polls poorly nationwide but reasonably well in Iowa, Nevada and New Hampshire. Biden can't even say that.

it might not work right now, but it will in the long term....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies