Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:17:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 23123 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »

Added to schedule:

June 20- Farewell Speech, New York City (Governor's Office)
June 21- Moving out, total campaign recap (Hartford)
June 22- campaigning in Seattle, WA
June 23- campaigning in Detroit, MI
June 24- campaigning in Miami, FL
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 10:07:16 PM by Northeast Representative Alfred F. Jones »

Hahahahahaha!
Ahahaha!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 10:09:58 PM by Northeast Representative Alfred F. Jones »

Snowy and Oak asked me to take it down, so now I'm a sad panda.

But I have an iron fist with which to control Snowy now.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

I have placed Ham Rove in charge of all GOTV operations.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »

On behalf of a constituent:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do not believe this would hurt the game at all, as this bill simply removes clutter and allows inactive players to re-register if they would like.

Personally, I am glad Redalgo wasn't deregistered and is eligible to run for the Senate. Then again, I value functionality over...whatever one might call kicking voters out and forcing them to re-register...unnecessary hassle?

There are many reasons why one might miss an election...especially there first one, when they might not know the election dates. Even our President missed the last election. It happens. I hope you withdraw this bill.

I believe in growing Atlasia. We don't have enough players. Kicking people out of the game for silly reasons is crazy. I hate seeing unopposed elections. I don't like having empty offices. This bill is not a solution; it creates problems. I am proud of the fact that as Governor, there has never been less declared candidates than offices being elected during my term in the Northeast, which is hopefully going to be the new norm.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »

We don't have enough active players. We have 144 citizens, but some do not participate in the game.
I believe that the CDC Act will neither promote increased activity nor discourage it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

We don't have enough active players. We have 144 citizens, but some do not participate in the game.
I believe that the CDC Act will neither promote increased activity nor discourage it.

They can't participate in the game if they get deregistered for no apparent reason.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

They can't participate in the game if they get deregistered for no apparent reason.

Not true: under the bill, they can re-register the instant after the deregistration and participate all they want.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »

Not true: under the bill, they can re-register the instant after the deregistration and participate all they want.

There is no reason to make the process more tedious.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »

There is no reason to make the process more tedious.

I disagree that the process is, or would become, tedious. If a citizen finds voting in an election tedious or is unwilling to enter all of five words into the New Register thread at most, and in only the most improbable and extreme of cases every two months after deregistration because he finds it tedious, I would be led to doubt whether that citizen has anything meaningful to contribute to Atlasia at all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

And as I have already demonstrated, your position is misguided, maybe even offensive. A new Atlasian may not know the election schedule. Once deregistered, may not be aware of it. Maybe the poster was unable to vote for some reason or another, as happened to even our own President. Too bad, good bye- that isn't how Atlasia should be operating. Not at all.

This is all aside from the fact that I don't believe that the RG needs to have to manage all of this on top of the normal duties- I highly doubt you plan on serving forever and it is a pretty thankless position as is.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »

I respect your opinion, Governor, but I disagree with it. I apologize if you have taken offense - it was far from my intent. Regardless, I think we've both laid out good cases for our ways of thinking - we'll let the Senate decide. I will say no more on this matter unless asked to do so by that esteemed body. I have strayed too far already from the impartiality of my office.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »

As I've said in another thread, I would be willing to compromise on the bill so that registries would have to miss multiple elections to be removed from the registry.  I understand if someone forgets to vote in an election or two, but people who never do anything don't have much of a reason to stay on the list, and it takes a mere five seconds to re-register if necessary.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 10:19:24 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I respect your opinion, Governor, but I disagree with it. I apologize if you have taken offense - it was far from my intent. Regardless, I think we've both laid out good cases for our ways of thinking - we'll let the Senate decide. I will say no more on this matter unless asked to do so by that esteemed body. I have strayed too far already from the impartiality of my office.

I wasn't referring to offending me, by the way, but the "rejected" new members. I think our country should allow for innocent mistakes and I think our country should be doing what we can to retain and invite members. I use the example of Redalgo, who happened to miss his first election. I have no idea why, but he clearly wants to participate and I think he will make a great Senator. And I would point out that if he hadn't known he had been deregistered, and tried to declare for the Senate seat when he did, he wouldn't be able to run and we would still have zero candidates. I hope you and the supporters of this bill are able to give some consideration to the practical concerns I see in this bill even if you don't share my belief that the bill is unnecessary and complicating.

Also, I disagree that serving us as RG should prohibit you from taking political stands. As long as you aren't abusing your power, you should feel comfortable doing what you would like (though I would consider toning down the pessimism toward new members- my preferred approach is positive encouragement).
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »

I won't compromise on this one.  I'm opposed to it in any form.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 10:26:58 PM by Senator Scott »

This is a totally ridiculous thing to get worked up over.  If you do absolutely nothing in Atlasia and have shown your inactivity time and time again, there's nothing wrong with being asked to take a few seconds to post in the registration thread again.  At least taking off the people who don't do anything gives us a good idea of how many people actually do anything.  As I have said for the third time, I will make compromises to the legislation (raising the limit to how many elections someone can miss, PMing warnings, etc.), but I am not withdrawing it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »

This is a totally ridiculous thing to get worked up over.  If you do absolutely nothing in Atlasia and have shown your inactivity time and time again, there's nothing wrong with being asked to take a few seconds to post in the registration thread again.  At least taking off the people who don't do anything gives us a good idea of how many people actually do anything.  As I have said for the third time, I will make compromises to the legislation, but I am not withdrawing it.

That isn't what this bill does, Senator.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

Would you support including the changes I mentioned, Homely?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2012, 01:32:26 AM »

Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch have been fired. My new campaign song will be Connecticut Uber Alles, written by Snowstalker and performed by Snoop Dogg.

Atlasia needs a President that can transcend typical partisan divides to get things done. I know that I can be that leader. Despite the attacks made against me by rival campaigns, I proudly stand by my record of working across partisan and political divides. My pragmatic approach works.

Throughout my "career", we have accomplished Constitutional reform, OSPR reform, Cabinet reform, VP reform, SOAP reform: all nonpartisan efforts. We ended the wars with support from leftists and rightists. We saved health care by working across the aisle. We invested in education and infrastructure with proposals that had bipartisan support. Remember these facts when they try to tell you otherwise.

As Governor of the Northeast, I learned what it is like to be a successful executive. I have had to work with right wing majorities in the legislature and I have had to work with left wing majorities in the legislature and progress was made no matter what. In fact, this most recent session had an Assembly that was only 20% Liberal: I haven't had a problem working with Labor, Whigs, and Independents. These skills will come handy as President- the job is tougher, the legislature is twice as large, a Cabinet needs managed, there are more bills being debated- but I believe that my pragmatic approach will work.

As President, I will work with all Senators to reduce unemployment, which I hope to push below 6% nationally. I will work with all Senators to reduce the deficit without slashing the programs Atlasians rely on. I will work closely with the Senate and party will not matter. Kalwejt and I are tested and trusted: we will get the job done and are honored to have your support. Thank you.

Governor Napoleon (for now)

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »

The "debate" has been unsatisfactory in demonstrating the policies of each ticket. I will be publishing a list of presidential policy priorities (PPPs) to complement everything my campaign has put forward to this day.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »

Napoleon- I encourage you to ask a policy question in the debate as I did re:Syria... I'd be happy to do so as well but didn't want to "hog the mike"
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »

I think both Clarence and I would agree that we'd be eager to answer any policy questions at all in the debate... they just need to be asked. Smiley

Tweed presumably wouldn't, but that's different. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2012, 07:31:50 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I think both Clarence and I would agree that we'd be eager to answer any policy questions at all in the debate... they just need to be asked. Smiley

Tweed presumably wouldn't, but that's different. Tongue

Im not really interested in your positions. I am interested in what you plan to actually do. Not exactly the same thing. Without a moderator I don't see much purpose. My thread is always open for any questions at any time.

Edit: because asking a question would be something I am interested and not show what you are interested in.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »

The "debate" has been unsatisfactory in demonstrating the policies of each ticket.

I think both Clarence and I would agree that we'd be eager to answer any policy questions

Im not really interested in your positions

Did I... miss something? Huh
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »

Yes, or I missed it when you posted it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies