Talent won't seek return to Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:30:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Talent won't seek return to Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Talent won't seek return to Senate  (Read 1373 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:03:20 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ggKNPh8XQQoPk1mDsU9auOqKyBowD9691T0G4

Maybe he's letting Steelman and Blunt duke it out so he can have a rematch two years later. Doubtful though since he'll be even older news then.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:38:47 AM »

The GOP is putting their faith in the father of their unpopular Governor Blunt, a name more toxic in Missouri than Nixon?  Steelman may win the primary just for that reason.

*I think he's the father, too lazy to wiki
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »

Sad

Go Steelman, I guess.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:41:34 PM »

The GOP is putting their faith in the father of their unpopular Governor Blunt, a name more toxic in Missouri than Nixon?  Steelman may win the primary just for that reason.

*I think he's the father, too lazy to wiki
i thought it was his brother but im also to lazy to Wiki.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »

nice. steelman is joke fodder. go carnahan. time for us to pluck that seat.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »

Good.

Without Talent, Carnahan will win.

Despite Phil and all Republicans grouping MO with UT, ID and WY on Republicanism.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »

What's wrong with Steelman?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 03:54:09 PM »

I would actually be leaning to Steelman if she got the nomination.

However, Roy Blunt will win the primary due to those hillbillie hicks in the ozarks and his machine.

Carnahan will defeat Roy huge! Hopefully in ever region of the state! w00t!
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »

Sadly I agree with the last post.  Blunt is a scumbag and should give it up already.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »

Steelman always performs better on election day then she polls. Wasn't she down by like 12 points in the Governor primary but only lost to Hulshuf by 3. I hope to god Blunt doesn't get the nomination. Yes he is Matt Blunt's father. The son is much better then the father. Steelman is the only one who can defeat Carnahan. Hey she gets to run against Nepotism twice in one election.

Sadly I agree with the last post.  Blunt is a scumbag and should give it up already.

Very true.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »

Steelman always performs better on election day then she polls. Wasn't she down by like 12 points in the Governor primary but only lost to Hulshuf by 3. I hope to god Blunt doesn't get the nomination. Yes he is Matt Blunt's father. The son is much better then the father. Steelman is the only one who can defeat Carnahan. Hey she gets to run against Nepotism twice in one election.

Very true.

One primary is hardly anything to say she "always" underpolls. She lost by 4; don't recall the last primary polls. Blunt's pretty much got this wrapped up for regional reasons; Hulshof was a much worse candidate than Blunt for the GOP primary.

Anyway, I'm pretty surprised you consider the paragon of incompetency Matt Blunt better than Roy Blunt, who isn't so much incompetent as just ultra-establishment.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »

I would actually be leaning to Steelman if she got the nomination.

However, Roy Blunt will win the primary due to those hillbillie hicks in the ozarks and his machine.

Carnahan will defeat Roy huge! Hopefully in ever region of the state! w00t!

LOL @ hillbilly hicks in the Ozarks. So true. Southwest Missouri is pretty redneck and more Bible Belt-ish than any other part of the state. No wonder Republicans rack up the numbers there. Smiley

Carnahan can and will defeat either Blunt or Steelman in the general. Steelman will be painted as a perpetual loser who couldn't even get her own party (those white guys in suits) to nominate her, and Blunt will be tied to his unpopular son who removed 170,000 Missourians from Medicare and slashed funding for higher education in the state. I think the best candidate the Republicans could get would be my Congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson. She is more moderate than Blunt and Steelman, is very popular in the district and about half of registered Democrats in the district vote for her, but alas, she isn't running. She'd be the only one who could give Carnahan a challenge, but Robin has this one in the bag unless something dire happens in the immediate future.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 10:53:53 PM »

Steelman in the general. Steelman couldn't even get her own party to nominate her,

Isn't that a contradiction?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »

I agree with James' post.  If I lived in Missouri, I would probably vote for Carnahan.  Though, Steelman would be an acceptable Senator.  I just want Ol' Roy (to use a dog food brand) to be defeated.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies