What gets Massachusetts to vote at least 40% R? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What gets Massachusetts to vote at least 40% R? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What gets Massachusetts to vote at least 40% R?  (Read 1764 times)
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« on: January 04, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »

I think it will naturally happen in 8-12 years.
Why? Massachusetts swung and trended against Trump in 2016.

Well that was mainly because Romney was on the ballot, who was once a very moderate MA governor.

But I really don't see Massachusetts or much of the Northeast Corridor trending red anytime soon like some people think. Boston takes up way to much of MA, Wilmington takes up way to much of DE, Providence takes up way to much of RI, NY takes up way to much of, well, NY, and Baltimore+DC suburbs take up way to much MD for any of the rural areas of those states to have any effect. NJ and CT are more possible but NJ has lots of Philly and NY suburbs and CT might be held blue by the high levels of education in the Northeast. (I guess that applies to all of the Northeast though) Now of course that leaves PA. I think PA's Appalachian regions will make the state pretty red. Over time, I think other rust belt states will grow to be more red than PA due to Philly keeping the East blue. 

Wow, this went wildly off topic and I wrote much more than I wanted too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies