Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:59:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018  (Read 83782 times)
BBD
Big Bad Don

« on: September 09, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »

Establishment politicians who sent Lula to jail and thus paved the way for Bolsonaro are as dumb as their political ancestors who helped depose Goulart, hoping foolishly that once the left is eliminated the military will just cede power back to them. Once you open this door, it'll be very difficult to close it in time.

Lula did have a hand in his own downfall - namely, and most strikingly, by hand-picking Dilma Rousseff as his successor.

But yes, as for Bolsonaro, pity not much of the political elite who are too foolish to see what may be coming to them - pity the millions upon millions who might suffer much worse in the ensuing years.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »

I think it would be for the best if everyone counted to ten and maybe took a little walk in the fresh air before pressing 'click' on any further Posts on this matter Smiley

Thanks Al. Wishing death on a living political figure or other poster is an absolute no-no on this site. Feel free to label them as HP, but don't go down the other road. I have cleaned up all the recent posts in this thread that crossed the line or quoted those posts that did.
  Political correctness gone mad. Posters will know my opinion of dictators, authoritarians and fascists - I do not support violence but I wish them pain in this world. This den of white supremacy and ultra-right sentiment would cleanse itself of anti-NSDAP sentiment if it existed in the 1930s. When President Bolsonaro destroys Brazilian democracy, I will know that I was in the right. The rest of you will come off as fools. As for the polling, we know that violence is not only wrong but also strategically stupid - not surprising. Hope this is a lesson for idiots who applaud violence. Still, I wish Bolsonaro nothing but the worst. Smiley

That won't happen.

We'll see in a few years.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »

CNT/MDA poll 

Bolsonaro   28.2
Haddad       17.6
Gomes        10.8
Alckmin        6.1
Silva            4.1

In runoff scenarios:
Gomes 37.8% vs Bolsonaro 36.1%
Bolsonaro 39% vs Haddad 35.7%
Bolsonaro 38.2% vs Alckmin 27.7%
Bolsonaro 39.4% vs Marina Silva 28.2%

Looks like it's gonna be Bolsonaro vs Haddad. Good grief.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »

The PT might well bungle this one, goddamn it. Will enough of Ciro's voters be willing to vote for Haddad in order to stop Bolsonaro in the runoff?
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »

The PT's gonna royally eff this up. There's just no path to victory for Haddad.

Ciro should've, could've, been the one to go up against Bolsonaro. Sad
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »

How did Bolsonaro get away not attending any debates?  Is it still based on doctor's orders?

Are they required? Politically he has no reason to risk it.

Yeah, why would Bolsonaro bother? It makes no strategic sense, considering his commanding position in the polls. His supporters will write it off without question.

Even if he did consent to debate, it wouldn't make a difference anyway. He's going to crush Haddad, sad to say.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »

Datafolha poll has Bolsonaro 56% x Haddad 44%

Wow, it might actually end up being closer than expected. Or maybe the polls are wrong again, and Bolsonaro's gonna win a blowout.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »

Given 2 more weeks, Haddad might be able to make up the margin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies