What parties would you be in other countries? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:09:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What parties would you be in other countries? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What parties would you be in other countries?  (Read 83401 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
« edited: January 24, 2017, 09:48:41 AM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

Update time:
USA: Republican Party
Canada: Conservative Party
U.K.Sad Conservative Party
Israel: The Likud (with The Jewish Home and Kulanu being my 2nd and 3rd preferences)
Australia: Liberal Party
France:  Les Républicains (Change from Independent) (I would support Valls if he ever becomes leader of PS, though)
Japan: Liberal Democratic Party
Russia: Independent
Czech Republic: Civic Democratic Party (I've supported some figures on the Czech left, like Milos Zeman, so party affiliation here would be a very loose label for me)
Denmark: Venstre (somewhat reluctantly. I supported Helle Thorning-Schmidt in the summer elections, but I clearly lean center-right in Denmark. Torn between numerous policy planks of Venstre and DPP now, as I've drifted more rightwards, but am very weary of DPP)
Turkey: Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) (Easy choice for me. Secular and Pro-Kurds).
India: BJP (#TeamModi)
Azerbaijan: New Azerbaijan Party
Argentina:  Propuesta Republicana (PRO)
Netherlands: VVD or VNL (Not sure which one too support. I'm distrustful of VVD and of PVV, who is too extreme for me...)
Spain: Independent (I've decided to cease my support for PP. I am strong supporter and fan of Jose Maria Aznar. Clearly Mariano Rajoy is nowhere near the type of leader that Aznar was)
Italy: Democratic Party (PM Renzi is truly a G-dsend of a leader, imo. I believe Bersculoni, all and all, was an ok PM, but he and the center-right of Italy left a mess and Renzi is cleaning it up)
Norway: Progress Party
Sweden: Swedish Democrats (One of the few countries where I can justify myself in supporting a super controversial party such as this one.)
Germany: CDU (I have increasingly become more and more eurosceptic, but CDU is generally a stable party that is good on other issues I care about)
Venezuela: Mesa de la Unidad Democrática (MUD)
Ireland: Fine Gael, I guess.
Mexico: PAN
New Zealand: National Party

I'm sure I'll add more soon.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:00:26 AM »

lmao Hamas, Mugabe's party and Front National stick out so much.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:13:48 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 02:51:18 PM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

U.S.: Republican Party
U.K..Sad Conservative Party
Israel: The Likud
Canada: Conservative Party of Canada
Australia: The Coalition (Liberal Party of Australia and National Party of Australia + all offshoots)
Russia: Independent
Czech Republic: Civic Democratic Party or TOP09
France: Les Republicains ever so reluctantly. If Valls wins PS's primary, I'll back them, otherwise I'm backing Fillon this yr.
Argentina: The Republican Proposal (PRO)
Poland: Civic Platform (PO)
Colombia: Democratic Center
The Netherlands: Party for Freedom (PVV)
Norway: Progress Party
Denmark: Venstre or Danish People's Party, not sure.
India: BJP
Japan: Liberal Democratic Party of Japan
Italy: Independent (now that Renzi is sadly gone. I'm open to supporting the Democrats again if Renzi returns  or if the center-right continues to be a joke. )
Ireland: Fine Gael
South Africa: Democratic Alliance
Taiwan: Democratic Progressive Party (DPP)
Mexico: National Action Party (PAN)
Azerbaijan: New Azerbaijan Party
Germany: CDU-CSU (Very reluctantly. Can't and won't trust AfD).
New Zealand: ACT New Zealand (I will likely never support the National Party ever again after their disgraceful betrayal of Israel. Rodney Hide, former ACT leader, and David Seymour, current ACT leader, have decent pro-israel records, it seems, so ACT has my support.)

Not very familiar with these countries' politics but have a decent feeling of where I'd lean ideologically:
Estonia: Reform Party (Seems like a decent, market liberal party)
Austria: Austrian People's Party (OVP) (I guess this is who I'd support? FPO's bad past under Haider and others is the image I still see. I'm glad they aren't as anti-American or anti-Israel as before but not convinced this is a party I can back.)
Croatia: Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) (I'm a fan of Pres. Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović and it seems PM Andrej Plenković is decent too. Both are members of center-right HDZ. But, I do not know much about Croatian politics.)
Iraqi Kurdistan: Kurdistan Democratic Party I am a strong supporter of the Kurds aspirations for Independence in Iraqi Kurdistan. Don't know much about the political split between KDP and PUK (I do know they had a conflict in the 1990s, but KDP is more of a big tent, ideologically, so I support them.)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies