The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:11:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread  (Read 18030 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2019, 05:07:13 PM »

Turn closed! And gods, are we in for some interesting developments. I'm working my way through the orders to set the end of turn, will give an update once I know the number of dead players.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »

Turn closed! And gods, are we in for some interesting developments. I'm working my way through the orders to set the end of turn, will give an update once I know the number of dead players.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »

I hope I’m not among the dead! Not quite as confident as before.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »

I am fairly confident this turn that I am among the living. Naturally, that means I'll be the first to go.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »

I directly referenced Legends of the Galactic Heroes in my orders, so pandering to Lumine Von Reuental will surely protect me from death
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35:47 PM »

The Khwarazmian Empire shall endure a thousand years, just like in real life!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2019, 02:41:41 PM »

I think there’s a 50-50 chance I’m among the departed, but if even half my plans succeeded, then the turn was still a pretty clear victory as far as I’m concerned.  My plans for this turn don’t really hinge on my survival tbh.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2019, 04:41:59 PM »

I think I'm dead.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2019, 06:14:21 AM »

I'm somewhat worried and considering taking up Jerusalem if I do go down!! Presumably a Papal player would have to lapse while we held a thrillingly intrigue packed election...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2019, 08:05:56 AM »

I'm somewhat worried and considering taking up Jerusalem if I do go down!! Presumably a Papal player would have to lapse while we held a thrillingly intrigue packed election...

That’s actually a great idea Tongue  I think it would be a really fun new development to have an intrigue-filled Papal election if you are among the deceased.  And not gonna lie, I’m also fine with having one less strong player in the Italy sandbox to worry about lol.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »

Still writing my way through the end of turn, but I have definitive news after the dice rolls. Three players are dead, and an additional one reached a game over.

Additionally, there are a couple of players who did communicate with others but didn't send orders for the turn.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:12 PM »

Still writing my way through the end of turn, but I have definitive news after the dice rolls. Three players are dead, and an additional one reached a game over.

Additionally, there are a couple of players who did communicate with others but didn't send orders for the turn.
Do we have an ETA for the results?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2019, 03:28:55 AM »

It is posted!

Congratulations to Dereich, SO19, Ishan and King Saul on excellent performances, and my condolences for reaching death or a game over. All four are welcome to keep playing and take on different roles, in the cases of Dereich, SO19 and King Saul they're welcome to continue playing their nations as there are available successors or regents, Ishan - if he wishes to continue - would have to play a different one as he reached a game over.

I'll be working on the turn, it would be ideal to know as soon as possible who will continue and as which character/nation (as well as whether those who didn't send orders will continue to play).
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2019, 07:15:07 AM by Dereich »

I am fairly confident this turn that I am among the living. Naturally, that means I'll be the first to go.

This. This is why I don't post this sort of thing.

I would offer the Almohads to someone else if anyone wants it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2019, 07:21:02 AM »

Rome attacked!
Ayyubid forces stage surprise attack on Rome

ROME ATTACKED - The most unexpected event of the fateful year of 1213 was to take place at Rome

Ayyubid forces stage surprise attack on Rome

ROME ATTACKED - The most unexpected event

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2019, 07:29:28 AM »

The “fire post” was in reference to the attack on Aragon Tongue  I don’t always burn Rome, but when I do, I set the city on fire.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:40 AM »

I think I want to play as another nation now ,the Kingdom of Jerusalem if is possible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »

I think I want to play as another nation now ,the Kingdom of Jerusalem if is possible.

Sure! Jerusalem is yours.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »

Quite intense and high risk to charge in with posts and treaties blazing before the turn has begun and we know where we stand in terms of popularity, cash etc? I’m not necessarily against 24/7 game thread posts even between turns but would love a mod ruling for clarity (while certainly not wanting to lose any of the posts we have already!)

PS shoulda said also...whadda turn. I personally thought I’d got off surprisingly lightly till I reached the last item...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »

Quite intense and high risk to charge in with posts and treaties blazing before the turn has begun and we know where we stand in terms of popularity, cash etc? I’m not necessarily against 24/7 game thread posts even between turns but would love a mod ruling for clarity (while certainly not wanting to lose any of the posts we have already!)

PS shoulda said also...whadda turn. I personally thought I’d got off surprisingly lightly till I reached the last item...

I don't object to reactions per se for flavor, but taking major actions - like the treaty - can be counterproductive because the situation continues to change as I write. For the purposes of the game crises and Turn 3 I'll ignore those, so they can only be considered as taking place after the turn begins (and if the turn just so happens to make some of those actions void or in need of change, players are free to edit).

There may also be a retcon based on what seemed to be a lack of clarity in orders, but I need to reflect a bit more on whether the issue does merit changing - as in, whether the intention of the order was  clear enough or just too open to interpretation - an event or not.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »

I honestly have no idea what it involves but personally I don’t like retcons!! Mod narrative is law and order interpretation is subject to messenger eaten by wolf syndrome...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »

I honestly have no idea what it involves but personally I don’t like retcons!! Mod narrative is law and order interpretation is subject to messenger eaten by wolf syndrome...

Yeah, retconning is no good.  It's on players to be clear about their orders.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »

Yes, I think you're right about the treaty. I'll remove it from my post for now and renegotiate once the turn starts.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2019, 07:53:18 PM »

Yeah, retconning is no good.  It's on players to be clear about their orders.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »

I'll continue playing as my nation
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to: