Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:39:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem  (Read 19728 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: September 24, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »

I think this is the best compromise

If you don't want to stand for the national anthem ,that's ok but you have to stay in the locker room during the anthem .

MODERATE COMPROMISE!!

"By all means you should feel free to protest, but make sure you are hidden away so no one can see you..."

That's the whole point , as the on field protest  is causing major problems for the NFL and they need to move on from this issue asap .

Outside of angry internet commenters, not really.

Not really? Have you not seen their ratings?
I don't think the anthem kneel is the cause of low ratings the NFL is tied in with other television channels that have took a hit by declining cable subscriptions. 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »

The facts is sports and politics should not be mixed  One reason why sports is so great is it is not politicized .
Well African Americans don't have that much in terms of political power so entertainment outlet is our best outlet. On the other end the right-wing especially in the USA has quickly weaponized African American issues for political reasons for years. There are reason why other western democracies don't have this problem because it damages a country look at South Africa for example. Our mainstream right continues to abuse differences of people for political gain and it predated Trump.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims.

Christians in the Islamic world face far more discrimination and violence than Muslims anywhere in the West.

And your point is? Are we supposed to judge our country by the way people in other countries behave and are treated?

My point is that Muslims are hypocrites for complaining about ''Islamophobia'' in the West. It doesn't even come close to how non-Muslims are treated in most countries where Muslims make up a majority. If they think the West is so ''oppressive'', they should move to the part of the world where they are the ones in charge.

So, a Muslim such as TSA is a hypocrite because some Muslim that he never met, belongs to an ethnicity with which he has no relation, and lives thousands of miles away from him in a country he never visited engages in oppressive behaviors towards non-Muslim(s)? Is that what you're saying?

It's funny when right wing loons all like to place us all in a box and act like we all hold the same views.

You mean like when you say America is anti-Muslim?

That's because the evidence is mounting that it is, I experience it much more often than I should

But not the whole nation itself and all the people in it. Of course, there will always be a few, but not a vast majority.
And you can't escape racism moving to Canada will not stop ignorant people from judging people.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims.

Christians in the Islamic world face far more discrimination and violence than Muslims anywhere in the West.

And your point is? Are we supposed to judge our country by the way people in other countries behave and are treated?

A gay refugee literally lost fingers fleeing to Canada after Trump's election because will be killed if he returns to his home country.

Alas, these are the people Trump and his apologists wants to keep out of the US.  Ironic, considering that the worldview of many of his supporters is not too different from that of Islamists.

Which is why there are more pressing matters than getting triggered by who is kneeling for an anthem.

American politics, including this forum, are dominated by Middle and Upper-Class White people, so issues like this will always take priority.
This is literally the reason why Democrats alway loose when the economy is well off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies