NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 52521 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: October 22, 2021, 01:31:30 PM »

If the race really is single-digits, and it seems to be, I'm interested in in the down-ballot races, particularly the 16th.

Have to think Democratic chances in the 2nd and 8th were riding on a Murphy landslide (considering they didn't even win them in his first win, an actual landslide). The 16th might still flip D due to trends, but then it's Ciattarelli's own district, so maybe he can hold them off for one more cycle. Looking past that, the 11th is the only other place I can see a seat flipping. The 14th and 38th both ran close to the state in 2017 and though the 14th may be trending slightly R, I don't see enough movement unless Ciattarelli is actually winning the state.

Plus ça change is always the name of the game in New Jersey. You can count the incumbents who have lost this millennia on your hands.

SD-11 actually had more Dem primary votes than Republican this year, which was not the case in SD-16.  I would bet that Republicans hold SD-16 before they win SD-11.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »

Results by congressional district: https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/ciattarelli-won-all-five-of-new-jerseys-competitive-congressional-districts/

Ciattarelli won NJ-02, NJ-03, NJ-04, NJ-05, NJ-07 and NJ-11 and only lost NJ-06 by 4 points. The Hudson County-based 8th was the only district where Murphy did better than Biden.

So Ciattarelli and Murphy tied in terms of congressional districts? And Ciattarelli won one more county (11) then Murphy did (10). Kim, Gottheimer, Malinowski, and Sherill all sit in districts won by Ciattarelli.

Dems better get ready to throw Malinowski under the bus and concede NJ-02 to Van Drew in order to protect NJ-03, NJ-05, and NJ-11.  Anyone who thinks Dems can get a 10-2 delegation in 2022 is dreaming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies