2008 if Bush wins/loses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:05:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 if Bush wins/loses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 if Bush wins/loses  (Read 9138 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: August 13, 2004, 09:51:45 AM »

Let me throw this one out too, while I'm at it:

Jeb will never run for President.

Why do you say that?  The Bush family has already hinted around that Jeb could run in 2008.  He'd be the logical candidate to represent a 3rd term for George.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:04:26 AM »

Personally I think a lot can happen in 4 years and right now it is just WAY too early.  But I'll take my stab for fun.

IF BUSH WINS:

The Republicans will be looking for a 3rd term for Bush.  As Cheney is simply too unpopular to win, Jeb Bush becomes the logical candidate for a Bush third term.  He selects Tom Ridge as his running mate (can boast strong stand on Homeland Security, has been a Gov from a battleground state, etc.

The Democrats make the move the GOP expected this time out and nominate Hillary Clinton.  By this point she would likely be the undisputed leader of the party.  For her running mate she selects Bill Richardson (an ambitious guy who was in her husband's cabinet and who has all the right party connections.

So if Bush wins we see BUSH/RIDGE vs CLINTON/RICHARDSON.

IF KERRY WINS:

The Democrats easily nominate Kerry and Edwards for a second term.

The Republicans slide away from the Bush family and the Gingrich-esque style of candidates.  The GOP has a tradition of nominating the guy whose "turn" it is to run.  John McCain is nominated despite his advanced age.  To geographically balance the ticket, McCain selects Rudy Giuliani as his running mate.

So if Kerry wins we see KERRY/EDWARDS vs MCCAIN/GIULIANI.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies