Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:41:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 136016 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: November 12, 2019, 05:41:42 PM »

He's rising in the IA and NH polls, and gaining attention in the news again. Will it be a everyone attack Buttigieg or will Warren/Sanders continue to be questioned?
Both will occur.

I agree. There’s too much dramaTM to be mined from pitting low-polling Moderate Heroes like Klobuchar against the lefty front-runners. But I wouldn’t be surprised if near the entire stage hits Pete on his flip-flopping and thin experience.

He really pissed a lot of them off with his comments on it being a Buttigieg-Warren race. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being the Romney 2008 analogue, who the rest of the field unanimously dislikes.

Complaining about Pete won’t make Beto any less of a flop.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #951 on: November 12, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »

He's rising in the IA and NH polls, and gaining attention in the news again. Will it be a everyone attack Buttigieg or will Warren/Sanders continue to be questioned?
Both will occur.

I agree. There’s too much dramaTM to be mined from pitting low-polling Moderate Heroes like Klobuchar against the lefty front-runners. But I wouldn’t be surprised if near the entire stage hits Pete on his flip-flopping and thin experience.

He really pissed a lot of them off with his comments on it being a Buttigieg-Warren race. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being the Romney 2008 analogue, who the rest of the field unanimously dislikes.

Bringing up a candidate that I haven’t supported since June and isn’t even in the race anymore doesn’t make Pete any less of a poll-tested, Wall Street phony.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #952 on: November 13, 2019, 02:56:26 AM »

I don't think the 'he lacks experience' attack has every actually made as much difference as pundits and consultants think it does.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #953 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:14 AM »

I'm still a bit torn.

On the one hand, Buttigieg is my overall preferred candidate. There's no one in the field I would rather have in the white house than him.

Also, I think he is way more electable than Warren and Sanders.

Yet, I still fear for his overall electability. Being 37, highly intellectual and gay may play well to most liberals, but could spell trouble with a lot of lesser educated americans. I also don't see Pete turning out the minority vote like Obama did. On the other hand, the guy is super likable, in a way that many of the dem candidates are not. While he is one of the smartest guys in the field, he doesn't appear aloof or condescending or fake, like some of the others are prone to. I don't think he turns off the white working class the way that Warren does, for instance.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #954 on: November 13, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

Both will occur.

Bringing up a candidate that I haven’t supported since June and isn’t even in the race anymore doesn’t make Pete any less of a poll-tested, Wall Street phony.
You initially supported Beto, so you can't complain about a candidate being "Wall Street."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2019, 11:04:22 AM »

Its gonna be Biden or Buttigieg.  Bloomberg would be elected if he offered a Yang proposal,  but the fact he is a Billionaire, he is no different than Biden. 
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #956 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »

Both will occur.

You initially supported Beto, so you can't complain about a candidate being "Wall Street."

And his constant missteps and near 180° turn from how he ran his senate campaign made me jump ship to a candidate I believe in that isn’t beholden to rich donors or the “social liberal, fiscal conservative” Morning Joe folks.

The point is, the Buttigieg that caught fire earlier this year was pretty great and in my top 3 candidates. The guy that went into and came out of the last debate isn’t someone I’ll support in the primary.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #957 on: November 14, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »

Read the whole article ...

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019/11/14/without-marylands-black-voters-there-is-no-pete-chasten/
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #958 on: November 15, 2019, 11:35:47 AM »

Fitting, since Buttigieg is himself a stock photo of a politician.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #959 on: November 15, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »

That's dumb, who cares where a stock photo is from? Was he supposed to have taken it himself and know them personally? Not a fan of his, but this is pretty artificial.
amdcpus
« Reply #960 on: November 15, 2019, 01:48:31 PM »

Literally every campaign uses stock photos, it's the only way to ensure you don't get a copyright claim.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #961 on: November 15, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »

It wont work, in primary, AA voters are in the South; whereas, in GE, AA along with Latinos are voters in North.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #962 on: November 15, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »

Pete Buttigieg is literally fabricating endorsements from the black community. Thigpen has actually formally endorsed Sanders.

I've never seen someone with such contempt for black people.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #963 on: November 15, 2019, 06:18:17 PM »

Pete Buttigieg is literally fabricating endorsements from the black community. Thigpen has actually formally endorsed Sanders.

Wow, what an embarrassment.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #964 on: November 15, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

Trump?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #965 on: November 15, 2019, 06:22:47 PM »

Really?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #966 on: November 15, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »

Yeah, this guy deserves to get wrecked in a general, though I'd still vote for him as an anti-Trump vote.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #967 on: November 15, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »

Amazing how the media elevated some random sociopath over most of the field.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #968 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »

Buttigieg just hit 8% for the first time since May on the RCP national average.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #969 on: November 15, 2019, 11:01:32 PM »

Very well. Anyone on the center. Or wherever the **** he wants to be.

Either way, you get my point. Pete Buttigieg only started caring about black people when he ran for president.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #970 on: November 15, 2019, 11:14:14 PM »

Either way, you get my point. Pete Buttigieg only started caring about black people when he ran for president.
I think the #VoicesOfSouthBend would disagree with you there.  As would Jim Clyburn's grandson.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #971 on: November 16, 2019, 05:08:30 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2019, 05:11:59 AM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

I think the #VoicesOfSouthBend would disagree with you there.  As would Jim Clyburn's grandson.

Yes, there are certainly people of color who support Pete, and they're perfectly in their right to do so.

That being said, I'm sure there are real qualified black surrogates for Buttigied somewhere in South Carolina (let alone America). The campaign didn't need to pull this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #972 on: November 16, 2019, 05:35:36 AM »

A consulting firm hired by the mayor’s campaign, which conducted focus groups of black South Carolina primary voters, also found that Buttigieg’s sexuality could be a barrier. Buttigieg is the first openly gay Democratic presidential candidate.

The firm said that the black voters it spoke with found Buttigieg’s “eloquence and presentation style to be appealing” but “are going to need to see real demonstrations of broad enthusiasm and likely some endorsements from ‘cool’ black people to help them believe that ‘other people’ don’t have a problem” with his sexuality.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/14/buttigieg-makes-south-carolina-ad-buy-as-campaign-seeks-black-support.html

Who would these „cool black people“ be ?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #973 on: November 16, 2019, 06:28:21 AM »

Amazing how the media elevated some random sociopath over most of the field.

Maybe next time you people tear down mainstream liberals as worse than Hitler, have in mind that something like this is bound to happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #974 on: November 16, 2019, 07:50:15 AM »

The rise of Buttigieg and Warren is no fault of liberals who question their electablity; whereas, its Biden and Hunter Biden own corruption charges with Ukraine. The need for elimination of soft money is a must, in the aftermath of Trump, and Biden was part of it with Ukraine
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies