I'm Back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:48:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm Back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 9596 times)
migrendel
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:23:39 PM »

I have returned after an extended abscence. I apologize to whomever I have failed to contact, but I have been vacationing for the last seven months in Italy and France. I also left because I had intended to get married, but I have decided against it for philosophical reasons. I personally oppose same-sex marriage now, because I have come to realize that no progress is made by emulating the most reactionary aspects of heterosexual sexuality, and indeed, it de-radicalizes our culture by imposing the chafing boundary of monogamy upon us. I do, however, support allowing it as a legal choice for those who wish to enter into one.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »

I have returned after an extended abscence. I apologize to whomever I have failed to contact, but I have been vacationing for the last seven months in Italy and France. I also left because I had intended to get married, but I have decided against it for philosophical reasons. I personally oppose same-sex marriage now, because I have come to realize that no progress is made by emulating the most reactionary aspects of heterosexual sexuality, and indeed, it de-radicalizes our culture by imposing the chafing boundary of monogamy upon us. I do, however, support allowing it as a legal choice for those who wish to enter into one.

You'd love the movie "Female Trouble" in which "Aunt Ida" expresses opinions similar to yours about marriage.  She is very upset that her nephew is not gay, and is afraid that he will marry like all the other "filthy hetero pigs."
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 04:35:23 PM »

A woman after my own heart. I just wish some of the people around here would be more like Elisabet Vogler in Bergman's Persona (my favorite film).
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 04:47:18 PM »

Welcome back Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:47:49 PM »

Hey Migrendel, glad to see you've returned.  I've heard a lot about you, but it's always good to hear the other side of the story.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:58:56 PM »

I'm pleased to meet you, Joe Republic. I wonder which one of my erstwhile "friends" had words about me.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:14 PM »

Wecome back, migrendel! Heard a lot about you. (Opebo really really misses you Wink)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 05:01:09 PM »

Hahaha, your post made me laugh.  Anyway, welcome back, I figured you were gone for good.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 05:02:54 PM »

I look forward to hearing from my good friend Opebo again. Though I disagree with his economic views, he is this forum's voice of social liberty.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 05:03:42 PM »

I look forward to hearing from my good friend Opebo again. Though I disagree with his economic views, he is this forum's voice of social liberty.

Actually, Opebo has had some sort of conversion, and I imagine you and he would agree on almost everything now.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 05:03:48 PM »

His economic views are very left wing now.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

Welcome back. Smiley
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 05:07:41 PM »

His economic views are very left wing now.
Yes, he has undergone a complete transformation.

Welcome back
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »

Well, I'm delighted to hear that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 05:13:49 PM »

Mig, will you be rejoining fantasy politics?  Because you were away so long your registration was automatically revoked, but I'm sure you could help put a spark back into it.  Here's the registration thread.

BTW, the Democratic Party and United Left are both dead, and the Independent Liberals and Farmer-Labor parties have taken over.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 05:15:51 PM »

Welcome back migrendel, but don't believe everything you hear.  I have merely switched parties and become an economic moderate - in other words I'm a liberal all round now, as well as a social liberal.  As I remember your economic views were far from 'left-wing'.  
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:28 PM »

Well, I suppose I'm quite a radical, and spending a long time in Europe hasn't exactly ameliorated that. Nice to talk to you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »

I was a new member right before Migrendel left. I'm sure we'll have plenty of fun debates.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 05:37:48 PM »

I have merely switched parties and become an economic moderate

Well, no, you're actually the most left-wing member on this forum economically, exceeding even BRTD's stupidity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 05:38:48 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2005, 05:42:36 PM by opebo »

Well, I suppose I'm quite a radical, and spending a long time in Europe hasn't exactly ameliorated that. Nice to talk to you.

I've been living in Thailand since October.  It is great being an expat, must say I dread going home... but probably will have to in just another couple of months.

So how was France and..where was it?  Probably nothing for the cheap sex tourist there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »

Well, no, you're actually the most left-wing member on this forum economically, exceeding even BRTD's stupidity.

No, I've only ever proposed a return to the Keynesian redistributionism of the post-war liberal era.. or perhaps emulation of European economic policies.  Not anything really left wing like abolition of private property.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 05:44:48 PM »

Is Scranton still a Republican city, migrendel? Grin
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »

No, I've only ever proposed a return to the Keynesian redistributionism of the post-war liberal era

Keynesian redistributionism as in a $15 minimum wage is exceedingly 'left-wing.' Though I suppose, to be fair, really left-wing would be laissez-faire economics, but under the incorrect usage, you are certainly a radical liberal.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 05:56:13 PM »

Welcome back Migrendel.  As a newer member, I've heard a lot about you, so maybe you can shed some light on these rumors that you supported infanticide. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 05:58:10 PM »

You know, I had always wondered what happened to you.  I never knew you, but I heard a lot about you.

Welcome back. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies