I'm Back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:53:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm Back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 9594 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: March 29, 2005, 12:35:16 PM »

I have returned after an extended abscence. I apologize to whomever I have failed to contact, but I have been vacationing for the last seven months in Italy and France. I also left because I had intended to get married, but I have decided against it for philosophical reasons. I personally oppose same-sex marriage now, because I have come to realize that no progress is made by emulating the most reactionary aspects of heterosexual sexuality, and indeed, it de-radicalizes our culture by imposing the chafing boundary of monogamy upon us. I do, however, support allowing it as a legal choice for those who wish to enter into one.

funny thing, I had the opposite mental evolution.  I was traditionally against gay marriage.  Not because I am uncomfortable with homosexuals or don't think they deserve equal treatment under the law, but because I thought they had it made and just didn't realize it.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I responded "Hey man, we don't need the sanctification of the Church or the State to justify our love.  We're not conformists like you are." in answer to the question, "when are y'all going to settle down and get married."  I thought, you know Steve and Craig and Keith, my closest gay friends, and all gays in general have it made.  They never have to to be pressured by their friends and families about all this.  What?!  You're 35 and still single?  Don't you want to be married?!  How easy it must be for the gays.

You see, as you think now, so too did I at one time.  You shall grow up too one day Migrendel.  Anyway, welcome back to the forum.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:35:15 AM »

...or at least more verbose.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies