Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373522 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« on: March 04, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »

Plus, a side note, she loves Christmas just about as much as I do, so there will be two of us. Cheesy  She also loves Easter as much, if not a bit more than Christmas.

More than Christmas? That's a dealbreaker.

Not really, I love Easter, too, so it's all good!!  As far as Christmas, it's likely we'll have our tree up from Halloween clear through Valentine's Day!!

Man, to keep that wood up that long must require a pill or something.

Nah, I'm just kidding, it will probably only be up 2 months rather than the 3 1/2 months between Halloween and V-Day.

Now, we're starting to get ready for St Patricks Day and Easter.  She is part Irish, so March 17 adds a little extra meaning now.
awww I really hope this works out for you. Just remember to let things take it course. don't rush anything. Smiley
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »

Just remember to let things take it course. don't rush anything. Smiley

Your advice is a bit late.....we've all told him that and all he does is rush.
Well I know that. but if you constantly say that he will eventually listen. I will say it over and over and over again. He will listen when he chooses to.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
awwww Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »

I can help arrange your honeymoon in Vegas if you want.  My wife will keep Susan occupied, while you and I will take care of a dozen hookers and a giant bag of blow.  You'll love it.

Can I take myself on a honeymoon to Vegas and take advantage of the offer?

No.  The planned activities are only for those who know how to have fun, like our buddy BushOklahoma.  You wouldn't like hookers, blow, booze and gambling anyway.

I wanna fly out and visit too!
my mom was just out there. Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »

Of course, it is May 2010, and I guess everyone is just dying to know what we're going to do this month.

We're not going to do anything until this next weekend when we'll probably try to see Iron Man 2 either Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  That is also Mother's Day weekend, so we'll spend Sunday with our respective mothers, most likely.  The next really big event in May will be the weekend before Memorial Day when we'll go ahead and book the honeymoon in hopes of getting the cheapest air fare, hotel, and rental car combination.  I'll be on vacation with my family over Memorial Day weekend in Albuquerque visiting family.  We're going to slow down a little bit on the wedding planning not because of any trouble brewing, but we don't want to be bored stiff for the last 9 or 10 months of the engagement.  We've got the initial setup almost finished and we'll probably wait until at least November before we start going hot and heavy toward April.

If you finish everything for your engagement early and feel like you guys would be bored stiff..... imagine marriage.

Oh, we're going to do everything we can to prevent the staleness of marriage.  We're not going to go out and by his and her's rocking chairs, yet.

Also, we have chosen our main song other than the Wedding March.  The song is (Everything I Do) I Do it All for You by Bryan Adams from one of the Robin Hood movies.
LOL!!  you will realise that everything you do is not for her but to spite her. I wanted to be sour like everyone else. Tongue

What a sappy song though. But it fits for a wedding. And you will probably turn out well if you guys can make it to the day of the wedding.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

Of course, it is May 2010, and I guess everyone is just dying to know what we're going to do this month.

We're not going to do anything until this next weekend when we'll probably try to see Iron Man 2 either Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  That is also Mother's Day weekend, so we'll spend Sunday with our respective mothers, most likely.  The next really big event in May will be the weekend before Memorial Day when we'll go ahead and book the honeymoon in hopes of getting the cheapest air fare, hotel, and rental car combination.  I'll be on vacation with my family over Memorial Day weekend in Albuquerque visiting family.  We're going to slow down a little bit on the wedding planning not because of any trouble brewing, but we don't want to be bored stiff for the last 9 or 10 months of the engagement.  We've got the initial setup almost finished and we'll probably wait until at least November before we start going hot and heavy toward April.

If you finish everything for your engagement early and feel like you guys would be bored stiff..... imagine marriage.

Oh, we're going to do everything we can to prevent the staleness of marriage.  We're not going to go out and by his and her's rocking chairs, yet.

Also, we have chosen our main song other than the Wedding March.  The song is (Everything I Do) I Do it All for You by Bryan Adams from one of the Robin Hood movies.
LOL!!  you will realise that everything you do is not for her but to spite her. I wanted to be sour like everyone else. Tongue

What a sappy song though. But it fits for a wedding. And you will probably turn out well if you guys can make it to the day of the wedding.

We're going to have so much fun over the next 11 months leading up to Wedding Day.  As I mentioned earlier, we are going to start going out on dates at least every other week and do something different each time so we can keep the relationship fresh.  Then, I promised her last week that we would have a date night once a week with just the two of us after we get back from our honeymoon.  I'm also planning to take her on a week-long vacation every year, though I haven't promised her that as I don't want to have to eat my words later.  We are going to do everything we can to keep this relationship fresh for many, many years.

As for the song, that is one of her favorite songs.  I just heard it for the first time late last week, but I love the lyrics and the music to it and I readily agreed to it.  We'll probably have another song in there besides the Wedding March, so probably a total of 3 besides the recessional.

Ahh. i Know many couples do that. it seems to work.

As for the song, wow her fav. I wonder what your fast song will be. you know the lively one.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »

you move fast. you are early with everything. shyyt! I would wait till the last minute. Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 02:27:04 AM »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Also, later this month on June 29, we are going to have a big meeting with both mothers, my father, my grandmother, and our matron of honor and best man and discuss the budget and everyone's responsibilities for the next 9 months.

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

I've also counted it up and I've got 197 more working days until my wedding vacation.

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.       
I think that would be a plus since the women i know would much rather have their future husband involved in the planning. I know I would so it would be half the damn work.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Also, later this month on June 29, we are going to have a big meeting with both mothers, my father, my grandmother, and our matron of honor and best man and discuss the budget and everyone's responsibilities for the next 9 months.

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

I've also counted it up and I've got 197 more working days until my wedding vacation.

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.       
I think that would be a plus since the women i know would much rather have their future husband involved in the planning. I know I would so it would be half the damn work.

Women also say the want "a nice guy".  We all know how that turns out. 
it turns out great. if you are referring to women in their late 20's or later. teen generally want to the bad boys cant do much of anything in the way that a kind man can.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

Women also say the want "a nice guy".  We all know how that turns out. 
it turns out great. if you are referring to women in their late 20's or later. teen generally want to the bad boys cant do much of anything in the way that a kind man can.

I'll admit it has gotten a lot easier for me past the age of 25.  Before that it was next to impossible for me to date ANYONE.  Not saying BushOK should be the "bad boy", but reading his posts are painful and I hate to admit it, he sounds very feminine with planning the wedding and sh**t.  He needs to just let things happen.  And be a man.  Drink a beer.  Watch a football game.  Push for sex. 
if you are saying he is a pushover then maybe. but his planning is not bad. 'feminine' is not bad at all. funny how you have a standard on how men should act. can you get out of the serotypes for once?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2010, 06:06:46 PM by Annie Oakley »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.        

Women also say the want "a nice guy".  We all know how that turns out.  

I'll admit it has gotten a lot easier for me past the age of 25.  Before that it was next to impossible for me to date ANYONE.  Not saying BushOK should be the "bad boy", but reading his posts are painful and I hate to admit it, he sounds very feminine with planning the wedding and sh**t.  He needs to just let things happen.  And be a man.  Drink a beer.  Watch a football game.  Push for sex.  
if you are saying he is a pushover then maybe. but his planning is not bad. 'feminine' is not bad at all. funny how you have a standard on how men should act. can you get out of the serotypes for once?

Men should not be planning weddings.  We should only worry about the tux, paying for the thing (or how much it'll cost us), how not to get an STD during the bachelor party, and getting to the altar/justice of peace.

And again, I wish the best for BushOK and hate seeing him getting screwed around and his hopes up.  He is reminding me of a certain Cajun character from King of the Hill plus the fact he seems too hyper over this wedding.  This is not his role.    
you know I don't think you should be dishing out advice since no woman seems to want to be around you long enough to be engaged to you.

you have a funny way of mixing stereotypes of a punk version of a man with concern of bushok's feelings.
before you open your mouth of this topic could you a not be so sexist. And b) what the hell?  did you really just go there? oh right you did hence the single and getting none.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

Annie, I'm sure if I've pursued a few of the women in my past, I could have been married now if I wanted to.  I'm just picky.  I'm not advertising myself as a Don Juan.  In fact I'm far from it.  I've been screwed over from by my fair share of women as well.   
you are just picky? LOL and everyone can tell you have women problems, it shows.  All I am saying is saying a man should be a certain way just makes you sound dumb. that is all.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

Annie must be a special case, because in my experience, the nice guy never gets the girl. Girls want guys who they feel can protect them and stand up to people who do them hard. That's all I want to say in this matter because I really don't want to read that whole argument.
i am not talking about about teen girls who think that they need to rebel against the world. I am talking about women who are in their mid 20's. I am not saying a pushover either. but a guy who doesn't get into bar fights etc and actually makes choices with his gf or whatever she is.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

Annie must be a special case, because in my experience, the nice guy never gets the girl. Girls want guys who they feel can protect them and stand up to people who do them hard. That's all I want to say in this matter because I really don't want to read that whole argument.
i am not talking about about teen girls who think that they need to rebel against the world. I am talking about women who are in their mid 20's. I am not saying a pushover either. but a guy who doesn't get into bar fights etc and actually makes choices with his gf or whatever she is.

But Duke has a point.  Even women in their 30s kinda want someone to take charge, but they tend to see different things with age.  A nice guy CAN get a girl.  The problem are NEEDY guys.  Some guys can't differentiate.  And yes, women want masculine guys regardless of age. 
i agree with 2/3rds if it. but masculine? some women want that. it depends on what you are though and how you were raised to thinking. some women like pansy's and some like the biker type. i know plenty of women who are into the pansy type.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

But Duke has a point.  Even women in their 30s kinda want someone to take charge, but they tend to see different things with age.  A nice guy CAN get a girl.  The problem are NEEDY guys.  Some guys can't differentiate.  And yes, women want masculine guys regardless of age. 
i agree with 2/3rds if it. but masculine? some women want that. it depends on what you are though and how you were raised to thinking. some women like pansy's and some like the biker type. i know plenty of women who are into the pansy type.

"pansy" - "lesbo".......what's next - "homo" & "f****t"?
are we talking about you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies