Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)  (Read 33069 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »

Since I dropped out now, I want to say no hard feelings, and all the crap I said was IC, and I don't actually mean it in RL. It was just my nasty and aggressive style of campaigning IC, and it was just in the game, and I don't mean any of it. Y'all are cool, and I don't have a problem with any of you, thanks for RPing with me, it was very fun and memorable, and I will do it again soon.

It was fun having you as a player, Bagel, best of luck!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »

How do I go about getting endorsements? I'm looking to get the endorsement of Sen. Marco Rubio.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »

How do I go about getting endorsements? I'm looking to get the endorsement of Sen. Marco Rubio.

They are requested via PM. In the meantime you can ask for them here if you want, but Rubio was taken by a player earlier today.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 08:03:13 PM »

They are requested via PM. In the meantime you can ask for them here if you want, but Rubio was taken by a player earlier today.

Can I get an endorsement from Gov. Mitch Daniels and Gov. Rick Perry? (and if not Perry, then Rob Portman)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 08:11:29 PM »

Can I get an endorsement from Gov. Mitch Daniels and Gov. Rick Perry? (and if not Perry, then Rob Portman)

Sorry, but no. I'm trying to be more or less realistic with endorsements, and with Fletcher being a late entry (who can rise, but starts low on the polls) it would be unlikely by Daniels or Perry to endorse him. Portman is more unlikely due to Fletcher's social conservatism.

(I would suggest Kentucky Republicans as a good starting point, or some GOP figures in the House who may have worked with Fletcher when he was in Congress)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »

Sorry, but no. I'm trying to be more or less realistic with endorsements, and with Fletcher being a late entry (who can rise, but starts low on the polls) it would be unlikely by Daniels or Perry to endorse him. Portman is more unlikely due to Fletcher's social conservatism.

(I would suggest Kentucky Republicans as a good starting point, or some GOP figures in the House who may have worked with Fletcher when he was in Congress)
How about Rep. Mike Pence? They were together in the house (from 2001 - 2003) and both social conservatives. Although, he really isn't that popular or known right now.

And maybe FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue, they were both Southern Governors from 2003 - 2007 and are both social conservatives.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »

How about Rep. Mike Pence? They were together in the house (from 2001 - 2003) and both social conservatives. Although, he really isn't that popular or known right now.

And maybe FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue, they were both Southern Governors from 2003 - 2007 and are both social conservatives.

Pence and Perdue granted.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2018, 08:42:12 PM »

Also, if I can ask, where did you find that picture of Ernie Fletcher in the News Report? I've literally never seen that one.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »

Also, if I can ask, where did you find that picture of Ernie Fletcher in the News Report? I've literally never seen that one.

I typed "Governor Ernie Fletcher" on Google Images, went down 30-40 lines of pictures or so and found it.

Original:

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:53 PM »

Trump 2012

Trump focused his efforts in the early primary states, making many controversial statements that attracted major media attention. He mainly appealed to the working class counties in respective states. He also did an interview with Bill O' Reilly, and emphasize his self-funding and anti-lobbying positions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »

Trump 2012

Trump focused his efforts in the early primary states, making many controversial statements that attracted major media attention. He mainly appealed to the working class counties in respective states. He also did an interview with Bill O' Reilly, and emphasize his self-funding and anti-lobbying positions.

Good to see you back! These posts go on the Gameplay thread, please.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »

I typed "Governor Ernie Fletcher" on Google Images, went down 30-40 lines of pictures or so and found it.

Original:

Ah okay, that's weird cause I've never seen it. Also, can you help me post my campaign banner when I upload my October Schedule? I'm about to upload it to my gallery.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »

Original:

Ah okay, that's weird cause I've never seen it. Also, can you help me post my campaign banner when I upload my October Schedule? I'm about to upload it to my gallery.

Will do.
Election Production
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »

Hey, Can I Take Newt Gingrich?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »

I defer to what I asked some time ago:

Took about 4 hours, but the turn is up there. Enjoy.

Candidate: Newt Gingrich
Slogan: Better Future For The American People
Rally Location: Richland, South Carolina

Hello everyone, I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States. We Will Restore A Better Future For The American People.

Hello there, Election Production! In principle I don't mind you joining, but can you commit to being active on the game? I ask because this is just your second post, and I'd like to have at least an assurance.

If you can commit to being an active player, yes, you can join.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »

Does the turn end sometime this evening?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »

It's only been two days by my count, it should be ending tomorrow night.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2018, 01:06:32 PM »

It's only been two days by my count, it should be ending tomorrow night.

Oh, ok, thanks.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2018, 01:33:51 PM »

Shouldn't it end at 1 AM on the 9th? Not that I care whether it ends at 1 AM on the 9th or the vening of the 9th, I just need confirmation I haven't lost the basic ability to add.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »

Shouldn't it end at 1 AM on the 9th? Not that I care whether it ends at 1 AM on the 9th or the vening of the 9th, I just need confirmation I haven't lost the basic ability to add.

I think Lumine was saying that it ends on the evening of the 9th.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2018, 01:49:59 PM »

Strictly speaking it should, but I know one month turns are hard (even though I am convinced they make the games better by not having to play for weeks until the primaries arrive), so I'll be giving a few extra hours. It's also easier for me, it allows me to use today to update Alea Jacta Est to focus on Forward tomorrow.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »

Strictly speaking it should, but I know one month turns are hard (even though I am convinced they make the games better by not having to play for weeks until the primaries arrive), so I'll be giving a few extra hours. It's also easier for me, it allows me to use today to update Alea Jacta Est to focus on Forward tomorrow.

Fantastic.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »

Much like with Nick Clegg in the UK game, I'm starting to get worried how much more I now know about Chris Christie, and how much I like him.

I'm starting to feel like a method actor.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »

Much like with Nick Clegg in the UK game, I'm starting to get worried how much more I now know about Chris Christie, and how much I like him.

I started reading What Happened when I came in as Hillary. You're not the only one.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2018, 06:48:10 PM »

I started reading What Happened when I came in as Hillary. You're not the only one.

I salute you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies