Are high profile Dem surrogates doing enough?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are high profile Dem surrogates doing enough?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are high profile Dem surrogates doing enough?  (Read 96 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 04:46:06 PM »

Granted it's May - so this thread is a bit early and things can change.

But as of right now, I would be a hard no on this question. Most Democrats (rightfully) believe the country is at an inflection point - that Trump is an existential threat and this needs to be a hands-on deck situation.

The likes of Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders, etc. all have huge regard with different groups of voters. Yet... where are they in this fight? Yes, Barack has done a little - the event with the three presidents and a few fundraising videos. Bernie has done Pod Save America. Michelle is MIA. However, again, while it's still early, and this could ramp up, I just don't see the energy behind the surrogates to make sure they are *everywhere*

One thing that bugged me about Michelle in particular, even though I really like her, is that she's not in the fight. I know she hates politics, but if she actually cares about what she says she does, she needs to be out there helping. Michelle was entirely MIA in 2022 and even in 2020 wasn't doing a whole lot (even given COVID)

This may be very premature... I just need these people to act like it. All of these - and other high profile surrogates that carry weight - should be fanning out and doing more than what they're doing if they truly believe Trump is a threat.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 04:47:17 PM »

In time they will. Their efforts will matter far more as the election draws closer.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 04:47:49 PM »

In time they will. Their efforts will matter far more as the election draws closer.

True, and I'm sure there will objectively be more. But I was disappointed at the Obamas outreach in 2022. It could've been much better.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 04:48:24 PM »

They're trying to run from the sinking ship that is the Biden campaign. Of course they're not doing more.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies