The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:16:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 262943 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 26, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »

Why exactly are you pitting two renowned economists against a duo of failed clowns?

I don't think I would call O'Reilly or Limbaugh 'renowned economists'...

Vosem's attempt to be funny are almost as painful as Tim Pawlenty's attempt to appear hip by saying how much he likes Lady Gaga's songs.

It can't be denied that your post in that thread is much, much funnier than mine.

To wit:

The concept of two Nobel laureates, who correctly predicted and analyzed the crisis, being "dangerous" just shows what a good job Fox News has done when it comes to brainwashing its viewers.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1051 on: December 26, 2012, 11:05:40 AM »

Vosem carries on in the fine tradition of posting directly into the Deluge.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1052 on: December 26, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »

Vosem carries on in the fine tradition of posting directly into the Deluge.

Someone ought to carry the torch now that JJ is in his traditional post-election hiding (oops! I meant hiatus).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1053 on: December 26, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »

Why exactly are you pitting two renowned economists against a duo of failed clowns?

Vosem's attempt to be funny are almost as painful as Tim Pawlenty's attempt to appear hip by saying how much he likes Lady Gaga's songs.

It can't be denied that your post in that thread is much, much funnier than mine.

To wit:

The concept of two Nobel laureates, who correctly predicted and analyzed the crisis, being "dangerous" just shows what a good job Fox News has done when it comes to brainwashing its viewers.

Why don't you just shut up? You only have 3000 posts, but they are all so painful to read that it feels like you have 300000.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1054 on: December 26, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

To wit:

Why don't you just shut up? You only have 3000 posts, but they are all so painful to read that it feels like you have 300000.

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1055 on: December 26, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2012, 12:46:15 PM by Nathan »

You might have a stronger leg to stand on calling people who have won sort-of-Nobel Prizes 'failed clowns' by comparison to Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh if you weren't a snot-nosed, contrarian teenager who hasn't even been an undergraduate yet.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1056 on: December 26, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »

You might have a stronger leg to stand on calling people who have won sort-of-Nobel Prizes 'failed clowns' by comparison to Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh if you weren't a snot-nosed, contrarian teenager who hasn't even been an undergraduate yet.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
How did you know about my cold?

But, in all seriousness, I would have a stronger leg to stand on on any topic if I wasn't a snot-nosed, contrarian teenager. It's an occupational hazard Tongue
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1057 on: December 26, 2012, 12:40:57 PM »

True--I was there quite recently myself. I hope your cold gets better soon.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1058 on: December 26, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
How did you know about my cold?

But, in all seriousness, I would have a stronger leg to stand on on any topic if I wasn't a snot-nosed, contrarian teenager. It's an occupational hazard Tongue

Cheesy this response arguably belobgs in either the comedy goldmine or good post thread.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1059 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

Our betrayal and treatment of the Shah was the greatest moral and geopolitical travesty of the past fifty years.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1060 on: December 26, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=166837.0

Hopefully I shouldn't have to say why this belongs here.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1061 on: December 26, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »

Our betrayal and treatment of the Shah was the greatest moral and geopolitical travesty of the past fifty years.

sounds a bit more like Simfan 1.0 than 2.0.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1062 on: December 27, 2012, 09:39:46 AM »

Antonio V: This is perfect!  We Democrats start the Ku Klux Klan to get rid of all those Republicans, and then, 150 years from now, we pretend that Republicans did all these things!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1063 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »

Antonio V: This is perfect!  We Democrats start the Ku Klux Klan to get rid of all those Republicans, and then, 150 years from now, we pretend that Republicans did all these things!
Welln, it's true.  Democrats are constantly pretending that slavery, segregation, the KKK, etc. either were or are Republican institutions despite the fact that they were all Democrat institutions instead.  If Sigmund Freud examined today's Democratic Party, he would have to conclude that they are denying their party's racist past and projecting it onto Republicans.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1064 on: December 27, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »

You're posting in the right thread. Ideally, this should be the only thread you ever post in.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1065 on: December 27, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »

Welln, it's true.  Democrats are constantly pretending that slavery, segregation, the KKK, etc. either were or are Republican institutions despite the fact that they were all Democrat institutions instead.  If Sigmund Freud examined today's Democratic Party, he would have to conclude that they are denying their party's racist past and projecting it onto Republicans.

Oh, we're not denying our racist past. We know and accept that back then, 150 years ago, Democrats were racist and Republicans weren't (see Cathcon's Atlas US Elections thing). You're denying the Republican Party's racist or at least semi-racist present.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1066 on: December 27, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »

Oh, we're not denying our racist past. We know and accept that back then, 150 years ago, Democrats were racist and Republicans weren't (see Cathcon's Atlas US Elections thing). You're denying the Republican Party's racist or at least semi-racist present.
Only because they're not.  Why would they go backwards at the same time that society became less racist and Democrats became the party of sunshine and lollipops?  And it doesn't matter how long ago Democrats were racist.  What matters is that they were racist, and all but a few of the 20th century racist/segregationist Democrats stayed with the Democratic Party for life.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1067 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1068 on: December 27, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »

Only because they're not.  Why would they go backwards at the same time that society became less racist and Democrats became the party of sunshine and lollipops?  And it doesn't matter how long ago Democrats were racist.  What matters is that they were racist, and all but a few of the 20th century racist/segregationist Democrats stayed with the Democratic Party for life.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1069 on: December 28, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »

Democrats are constantly pretending that slavery, segregation, the KKK, etc. either were or are Republican institutions despite the fact that they were all Democrat institutions instead.

In your own little world, maybe.

Have a red pill: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_and_slavery#Views_on_African_Americans
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1070 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

While I can't say I'm happy at the result of this election, I can at least be glad that in the US your right to free speech is taken much more seriously than in most of the rest of the world.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1071 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:26 PM »

Here is David. David is 38 years old, white, male, married with two children, ages 8 and 5.

David lives in Iowa, in a suburb of Des Moines. Here is his house.

David works for an internet solutions company in the logistics division, a position that requires him to travel outside of state every other month. Once a year or so, he'll travel to Canada or Japan or England. His job pays $45,000. Here is his office building.

David went to Iowa State University, graduated with a bachelor's degree. He voted for the Democratic Party in the past two elections. He drives a 2010 Ford Fusion.

His two children go to the local elementary school. Here it is. His children entered the education system in pre-school.

He and his family are not particularly religious, but attend services at the Baptist church once a month or so. With his wife earning $50,000 as a paediatrician, his family earns $95,000 a year.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1072 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »

Here is David. David is 38 years old, white, male, married with two children, ages 8 and 5.

David lives in Iowa, in a suburb of Des Moines. Here is his house.

David works for an internet solutions company in the logistics division, a position that requires him to travel outside of state every other month. Once a year or so, he'll travel to Canada or Japan or England. His job pays $45,000. Here is his office building.

David went to Iowa State University, graduated with a bachelor's degree. He voted for the Democratic Party in the past two elections. He drives a 2010 Ford Fusion.

His two children go to the local elementary school. Here it is. His children entered the education system in pre-school.

He and his family are not particularly religious, but attend services at the Baptist church once a month or so. With his wife earning $50,000 as a paediatrician, his family earns $95,000 a year.

What's so bad about that post?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1073 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:12 AM »

For starters $95k/year is quite far from the average US household income.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1074 on: December 29, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »

You're posting in the right thread. Ideally, this should be the only thread you ever post in.
I'm not sure why Dave even bothers with more threads than this one tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies