Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:00:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming  (Read 4777 times)
DFL

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple

Cool. I might draft up a few tonight, also. What kind of policy will we define since we're big tent? We have social conservatives and liberals and economic conservatives and liberals, so...

I'm guessing just codifying that we stand for an alternative to the current two-party system, reform, etc, and not any specific policy planks.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple

Cool. I might draft up a few tonight, also. What kind of policy will we define since we're big tent? We have social conservatives and liberals and economic conservatives and liberals, so...

I'm guessing just codifying that we stand for an alternative to the current two-party system, reform, etc, and not any specific policy planks.

That sounds like a plan. We also could open up a poll to party members only (Google Forms or something) if we want to do it that way, too.
DFL

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »

That sounds like a plan. We also could open up a poll to party members only (Google Forms or something) if we want to do it that way, too.

Sounds good to me. Not sure if this was what you were referencing with the poll, but I was also thinking we could maybe propose a bunch of planks and then have people vote for or against each individual plank.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »

Sounds good to me. Not sure if this was what you were referencing with the poll, but I was also thinking we could maybe propose a bunch of planks and then have people vote for or against each individual plank.

I was kind of going in that direction...but good idea. I think with a little rebranding and some definite policy planks, we can get this thing off the ground.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:30 AM »

I'm waiting for official confirmation from Peebs, but it looks like we now have a seat in the House.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »

Gentlemen,

I must offer a public apology here. My thesis was up to be delivered today, and I've been forced to write at least 50 pages over the past three days. I've managed to finish writing it, but the process has left me utterly drained and exhausted, and I had to give my full, complete priority to it.

So I apologize for not being around, the party deserves better from a party chair. I commend the party members who have taken the initiative in platform and running for office, and offer my sincerest apologies most of all to them.

I'll probably be downscaling the time spent on the forum (beyond hosting a game) as I need to recharge my own batteries after the effort of the past few days, so I'll be considering whether to offer my resignation tomorrow if I truly feel I can't commit. I prefer to be on the serious side of the matter here, and not kill a rising party out of my own inactivity.

Anyway, I'll think carefully about this and issue a clear decision ASAP. Congratulations on wxtransit if he won, truly an excellent result for an excellent candidate!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2017, 01:50:56 AM »

Gentlemen,

I must offer a public apology here. My thesis was up to be delivered today, and I've been forced to write at least 50 pages over the past three days. I've managed to finish writing it, but the process has left me utterly drained and exhausted, and I had to give my full, complete priority to it.

So I apologize for not being around, the party deserves better from a party chair. I commend the party members who have taken the initiative in platform and running for office, and offer my sincerest apologies most of all to them.

I'll probably be downscaling the time spent on the forum (beyond hosting a game) as I need to recharge my own batteries after the effort of the past few days, so I'll be considering whether to offer my resignation tomorrow if I truly feel I can't commit. I prefer to be on the serious side of the matter here, and not kill a rising party out of my own inactivity.

Anyway, I'll think carefully about this and issue a clear decision ASAP. Congratulations on wxtransit if he won, truly an excellent result for an excellent candidate!

Thank you! And I understand, I have major projects within the next two weeks and I probably won't be able to spend much time on Atlas until around Christmas. I think you're still a great party leader.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2017, 02:53:10 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have decided after a bit of thinking (but not more than a hour's worth), that I will be joining the Citizens Party.

As you may or may not have seen, I left the party shortly prior to the commencement of an expulsion vote against Oakvale (one that I strongly opposed) and have since been a drifting Independent. It is no secret that I am a centrist or at the very least just right of center, with agreement towards both Labor and the Federalists on various issues. I have often times felt that more than 2 parties were needed in the Space of Atlasia (I even tried to briefly create my own new party earlier this year, which I did not have the time to properly build and thus I backed down). Regardless, I hope I can fit in on this party. I look forward to seeing what you all do and hope I can be of some assistance in building Citizens and helping to make it competitive in most or all elections and in ALL regions.

And thus....

X dfwlibertylover
DFL

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:01 AM »

Gentlemen,

I totally understand, glad to have you back Lumine!

Hello everyone,

I have decided after a bit of thinking (but not more than a hour's worth), that I will be joining the Citizens Party.

Welcome!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »

I think that now that the election is over, we should vote on Lumine's by-laws.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »

Official confirmation from Peebs. We have a seat!
DFL

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »

I think that now that the election is over, we should vote on Lumine's by-laws.

Works for me!

Congrats Representative wxtransit!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »

Not until the 5th, but you're on the right track.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »

Representative-elect for now Smiley
DFL

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

Ah whatever, close enough lol
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2017, 07:21:53 PM »

72 hour vote on by-laws open, then I'll make an announcement.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »

Aye.
DFL

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2017, 08:09:22 PM »

Aye.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

Here's a copy of the by-laws for reference:

By-Laws Proposal:

CITIZENSSad
By-LawsSad

I.- Members:

1.- All members registered by the Registrar General as belonging to Citizens will be considered as full members of the party.
2.- Party members are expected to behave in a dignified manner suitable for a political party, and therefore can be subject to censure or expulsion from the party. Motions for reprimands or expulsions can be raised by either the Chairman, Vice-Chairman or at least two party members. Censure votes require a simple majority of voting party members, and Expulsion votes will require a two-thirds majority of voting party members.
3.- Party members are entitled to the endorsement and full support of the party in elections in which they are candidates, unless the number of party candidates is superior to the available seats, in which case primaries shall be held. The only other exception to automatic endorsements are Presidential Elections.
4.- Primaries for party endorsement will be run with an STV vote organized by the Chairman, or in his absence, Vice-Chairman or Secretary.

II.- Party Leadership:

1.- The Citizens party leadership will be comprised by a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary, all  offices to be voted on at every party convention.
2.- The Chairman will provide executive leadership for the party and will be in charge of overall strategy and planning.
3.- The Vice-Chairman is entitled to lead the party as Acting Chairman in the absence of the Chairman, and tasked with party recruitment and GOTV efforts regarding elections.
4.- The Secretary is tasked with keeping record of the party's activities, running online and wiki efforts including updating of articles and necessary information. The Secretary is entitled to lead as Acting Chairman in the absence of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
5.- Leadership Elections will be held by Citizens at every party convention with an STV vote to last 48 hours. Should there be a single candidate for a particular office said candidate will be immediately appointed to that office.

III.- Party Conventions:

1.- Citizens will hold party conventions on February, June and October. These conventions will provide for the election of the party leadership, endorsement votes for President and Vice-President, debates on the platform and by-laws.
2.- These conventions must begin at least three weeks before the scheduled presidential election.
3.- A week before the convention is to open the Chairman will open nominations for the location, accepting one nomination per-party member during a period of 48 hours and then holding a 48 hour STV vote to determine the winner.
4.- All Citizens members who sign in at the convention will be granted status of delegates, as long as they joined Citizens at least a week before the start of the convention.
5.- The schedule of each convention is left to the party leadership.

IV. - Party Dissolution:

1.- Dissolution motions for Citizens can be brought up by a party member on the Citizens HQ, and if seconded by at least one party member an immediate 48 hour debate will commence. Then a public 48 hour vote (between YES and NO) will be held, dissolution only passing with a majority of at least two-thirds.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=250421.0
lol
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »

Aye
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2017, 10:31:59 PM »

AYE
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »

Aye.

By-laws approved.

After much consideration and reflection I've made up my mind to stand down as Party Chairman in the coming days. I'll call for a first party convention (as we still have a long way to go until February), with the first order of business being to choose a new leadership to take the party towards the future, settle the platform, and so on. I don't have the energy right now, and there's plenty of able people to take over.

I'll leave a day or two for people to reflect on whether they want to stand, and open the convention no later than Thursday.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2017, 07:49:02 PM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

Hi, I’m wxtransit, and I’m filing for election for Party Chairman along with DFL, who will be running for Vice-Chairman. You may or may not know me (I was thrust on to the scene a bit with my successful write-in campaign for the Atlasian House), but in this post I hope to explain our platform and what we will do if elected. Soon after we were founded, we had an influx of members, bringing to our current total of 12 members. However, the growth stopped only weeks later. Why? We haven’t had a cohesive brand and many Atlasians don’t know what we stand for. They don’t know that we are a party that seeks to provide an alternative to the traditional two-party system. How can we change this? We need a Chairman and Vice-Chairman who will be committed to growing this party, improving our image, and getting new members. We need leadership who can grow our party’s outreach, so that we can enter an era of multi-party democracy where Atlasians will have a choice other than the Federalists and Labor. How will DFL and I accomplish this, if elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman? Here’s a few key things we will do:

- Rebrand the party and give the party an image of an alliance between both left and right while maintaining the integrity of our current ideology
- Be active with outreach and be committed into growing the party
- Build upon our party’s message of an alternative
- Make sure Citizens is active and maintains a presence in most/all elections

Now, you might ask, “why is wxtransit running with DFL?” We hold quite different positions on social and economic policy. Wouldn’t this be a recipe for disaster? We’ve thought about this, and we’ve realized that Citizens is a party of those all across the political spectrum. Why not we have a leadership which represents that? DFL and I have been working together to create a common future for Citizens, and have found that despite our differences, we have a common vision, and make a great team. We believe this partnership across ideological lines represents the core values of Citizens, and should serve as the basis of our party’s mission going forward of building an alliance of Atlasians ready for change.

(Wow, I just realized that this post is getting long Smiley)

To wrap this up, DFL and I present our case to you. We will run to reform our party so that Citizens can achieve its full potential. And when we as a party benefit from these reforms, all of Atlasia benefits. If you want to see Citizens become a true alternative for all Atlasians, for Citizens to usher in a new era in Atlasian politics, then vote for DFL for Vice-Chairman and wxtransit for Party Chairman!

wxtransit/DFL for Citizens Party Leadership

wxtransit for Party Chairman
DFL for Party Vice-Chairman

DFL

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »

I, DFL, am officially filing to run for Vice Chairman on a ticket with wxtransit. I echo the above message, and ask for your vote to make the major reforms needed to rejuvenate Citizen’s.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies