Elon will unban Nick Fuentes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:54:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Elon will unban Nick Fuentes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Elon will unban Nick Fuentes  (Read 1613 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2024, 01:36:46 PM »

I'm sure he's removed accounts hypocritically, but I just searched for John Brown Gun Club and got like 50 chapters. So if he did remove it in 2022 it caused a Streisand effect. The people in the second link were all reinstated and it was declared a mistake.

He can do whatever he wants, but it's pretty obvious that Elon Musk does not care about free speech and only wants people like this guy on the website because he personally agrees with him. There's little plausible deniability anymore. I'd be shocked if Elon Musk didn't believe outright that the Jews are controlling the world and attempting to manipulate fertility rates to ensure a majority-minority west. Just look at what he says, who he associates with, what he highlights on social media, and tell me with a straight face that free speech is his primary concern right now.

I've seen pretty convincing arguments that Elon's brain was completely cooked by:

1) his wife leaving him - attracted him to manosphere/red pill stuff and
2) having a trans child he doesn't accept

These personal life items turned him fully to the alt-right.

You are correct. It's pretty clear he wanted to turn Twitter into a massive echo chamber to air his pathetic grievances.

I've seen this happen to completely normal people. I know a guy personally who has turned into a Timothy McVeigh type purely from listening to the Joe Rogan podcast over the past couple years. It's sad to see.
Jerry
United States
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2024, 02:20:17 PM »

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That's a direct quote from the First Amendment of the United States. Elon Musk immigrated to this country and values the values this country was founded upon. He celebrates freedom of speech and wants to apply this value to the platform that he has purchased. The world is a better place when hardworking immigrants come to this country and spread these values to their everyday life. This is his job and he chooses out of the love he has for our country to incorporate this value into his everyday life. I firmly support anything Elon Musk chooses to endeavor himself in. We should learn from his example.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2024, 03:02:51 PM »

Oh look, a sock.
Jerry
United States
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2024, 03:25:24 PM »

Additionally, if we ban Nick Fuentes for his views, who will be next? It's a slippery slope. You might disagree with Nick but the next time Elon bans someone who you do agree with. What will you do?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2024, 04:12:42 PM »

Additionally, if we ban Nick Fuentes for his views, who will be next?

Anybody else who advocates for the abolition of democracy and the establishment of a dictatorial and genocidal regime like Nazis do.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2024, 04:38:56 PM »

Fuentes is controlled opposition. If I were a leftist I wouldn’t worry about this at all.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2024, 06:39:58 PM »

"First they banned the neo-nazis from Twitter, and I did not speak out. . ."
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2024, 07:03:41 PM »

Fuentes is controlled opposition. If I were a leftist I wouldn’t worry about this at all.

What makes you say that?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2024, 09:54:20 AM »

What makes you say that?

The fact that he never got pinched for January 6 despite being at the rally riling up the protestors, and his most high-profile activity since then has been to signal boost Kanye West and other non-white antisemites, which seems an awful lot like something someone would do if their intention was to divide the far-right and dilute the potency of white nationalism.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2024, 05:43:20 PM »

I just read the comments Fuentes made late last year, calling for the mass execution of Jews and other non Christians. I completely retract my statements. He is obviously worse than 99% of the far left. He's basically the Gazi Kodzo of the right, it would appear.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2024, 04:40:11 PM »

A Mexican Nazi? Doesn't he realize they hate him too?

That's at least half of all white supremacists, certainly most groypers.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2024, 11:39:50 PM »

He also personally deletes community notes that correct the lies in his tweets, like when he claims that Democrats want to let illegal immigrants into the country so they can all vote.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2024, 02:19:43 AM »

He also personally deletes community notes that correct the lies in his tweets, like when he claims that Democrats want to let illegal immigrants into the country so they can all vote.

He is like Trump except he has money.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2024, 04:41:26 PM »

Going about as well as you'd expect so far.

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2024, 06:04:17 PM »

Going about as well as you'd expect so far.

Fuentes is never beating the allegations

wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2024, 06:25:36 PM »

Do you think he and StoneToss know each other?
Imagine an SNL sketch of both light skinned latino Nazis.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2024, 10:33:05 PM »

So tired of hearing about this on my Twitter feed. Can we just send this twink back to the deepest depths of the internet?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #67 on: Today at 06:44:17 AM »

Right wingers have yet to destroy a site in the manner the left has Reddit. Hilariously, some still even refer to it as a conservative site.
Yeah the left really ruined Reddit's glorious traditions of having boards dedicated to beating women and posting creepshots of underaged girls.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: Today at 10:13:59 AM »

It’s really funny (and frankly kind of sad) to think about how many prominent right wingers could be closeted gays or bisexuals.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #69 on: Today at 10:26:09 AM »

I know that a lot of you think of X/Twitter as fundamental to following politics online, but this is an important reminder of what it is (and what you are buying into every time you use it). You may as well be on a chan board or KF.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: Today at 10:27:19 AM »

Edison Research has Twitter losing nearly a third of its American users between Jan 2023 and Jan 2024 (mostly in the late summer when the Twitter to X name change happened...hypothesis is a number of the more casual users literally didn't recognize the X app on their phone).

The pattern seems to be that the more casual users are drifting away while more hardcore posters continue to post steadily but with fewer and fewer people hearing what they're saying. Generally less impactful vs its heyday.

Slowly but surely a number of people who are big account holders with 500k followers will realize that only 300k of those are people who ever actually use Twitter anymore and their microphone is way weaker than they think it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies