Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 113345 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: August 16, 2017, 09:33:57 PM »

I purged my FB friends list today, because some people, let's just say, really dissapointed me.

i survived!
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1651 on: August 17, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »

Leaving for Nashville, brb.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1652 on: August 17, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »

I purged my friends today, because some people, let's just say, really dissapointed me.
This is what I call a Nazi wannabe. Or are you more of a Stalinist?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1653 on: August 17, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »

Man, Splatoon is a much shorter game than I remembered.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1654 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:35 PM »

Have a great time!  Are you going to still be in Nashville for the eclipse?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1655 on: August 17, 2017, 11:00:50 PM »

The Saint, there's is a tangible benefit to not feeling strongly tied to any political identity or movement, and of taking a historical perspective. This, of course, can lead to callousness and coldness, but I prefer being tethered by my conscience and sense of humor rather than a political identity (though I still retain one, rather weakly).

^^ This

The Sant,

Except I don't think having a strong political ideology is that bad; it's party politics that's so nasty and depressing. Ever since distancing myself from the Democratic Party and label, I feel I can think more clearly. That tribalism morphs into emoting and is driven by the media cycle. So, definitely focus on being more independent in your beliefs, take a more historical perspective on politics like others have suggested, and try not to take it too seriously. You need to stay informed, but don't obsess over it. Don't put anyone on ignore, just learn to read their nonsense and laugh or roll your eyes then keep scrolling.

I'll second all these points, though unshackling myself from the D label helped me shift right while Jacobin (obviously) embraced his own shift left. Be true to your views and values and sweat what the "team" or "tribe" is doing less. It's also more intellectually fulfilling!!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1656 on: August 18, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »

The Saint, there's is a tangible benefit to not feeling strongly tied to any political identity or movement, and of taking a historical perspective. This, of course, can lead to callousness and coldness, but I prefer being tethered by my conscience and sense of humor rather than a political identity (though I still retain one, rather weakly).

^^ This

The Sant,

Except I don't think having a strong political ideology is that bad; it's party politics that's so nasty and depressing. Ever since distancing myself from the Democratic Party and label, I feel I can think more clearly. That tribalism morphs into emoting and is driven by the media cycle. So, definitely focus on being more independent in your beliefs, take a more historical perspective on politics like others have suggested, and try not to take it too seriously. You need to stay informed, but don't obsess over it. Don't put anyone on ignore, just learn to read their nonsense and laugh or roll your eyes then keep scrolling.

I'll second all these points, though unshackling myself from the D label helped me shift right while Jacobin (obviously) embraced his own shift left. Be true to your views and values and sweat what the "team" or "tribe" is doing less. It's also more intellectually fulfilling!!
Haha I've thought about it. It's still a possibility that I become independent, but time will tell.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1657 on: August 19, 2017, 09:07:43 AM »

Had gator for the first time yesterday.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1658 on: August 19, 2017, 09:27:53 AM »

Is this a new drug the kids are into? Like an off-brand krokodil?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1659 on: August 19, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »

Hah. No. Just good old American Alligator. Rather tasty. But it was fried, and what isn't tasty when fried?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1660 on: August 19, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »

Hah. No. Just good old American Alligator. Rather tasty. But it was fried, and what isn't tasty when fried?

Ah, like the actual animal. I am very jealous.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1661 on: August 20, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

For some good news, it's nearly the one year anniversary of the unveiling of the statue "Dignity" in Chamberlin, South Dakota.

A beautiful statue.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1662 on: August 20, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »

Getting serious cold feet about my move. Not doing well at all today.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1663 on: August 20, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »

For some good news, it's nearly the one year anniversary of the unveiling of the statue "Dignity" in Chamberlin, South Dakota.

A beautiful statue.

That looks terrible. Is it supposed to be made out of metal? Also, what's with all the white guys in ceremonial garb?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1664 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »

I feel like everything in my life has become worse off ever since January 20.  Every political scandal or stupid thing Trump does gives me such pain, and that pain keeps turning into anger.  I stopped supporting Trump after he pretty much started doing absolutely nothing except be a figurehead.  In addition, Republican leaders in Congress are inept, and every criticism that the Democrat Party throws is so sickening that I lose my mind.  Everything is so painful to read and listen to, and I don't think my emotions have ever swung so wildly from reading politics and debating people.  Everyone I talk to who hates Trump makes me feel like I am some kind of evil person.

I am seriously considering doing what Timmy did and take a good, long break from this political mess from both sides.  I just can't take it anymore.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I share the same general sentiments about the state of our country and the continuously rising radicalism and conflict in even everyday conversations. I feel like everything has gone to sh**t.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1665 on: August 20, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »

I'm two week into my new job and have relatively little to report, which I view as a good thing. That said, I did take an interview with Ilitch Holdings which is scheduled for tomorrow morning. It has slightly to much better pay and, perhaps more importantly, more paid time off. I don't dislike my current job, and have little idea as to whether I'd accept a job offer if given one simply because of how little time I've spent at my current position, but it's tempting. One of the major pro's with my current job is that it's a small company that needs employees, so my team is relatively flexible with me and I may at some point be trained for another set of duties. I'm afraid that a better-paying corporate position would expose me to all sorts of terrible ills such as long hours and a bad commute that, while making life in general more comfortable, would make the day-to-day toxic. Also, I don't own a suit that fits, so this'll be yet another interview of me sporting a suit and tie. I'm also wondering if I should shave.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1666 on: August 20, 2017, 09:17:12 PM »

Shaved for the interview only to discover an ill-placed zit.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1667 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:23 AM »

Eagerly awaiting the Solar Eclipse tomorrow AM, as one of the first parts of the US to view the Eclipse in the path of totality.

Although they shut down my manufacturing line, so I don't need to work Monday but instead we make up hours on Friday, I still can't sleep in, because I need to wake up early, enjoy a few libations while listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", stroll out to my back patio, put on the special sun glasses, and chill for an hour or so, gradually watching the Eclipse happen.

Contrary to local media hype, it doesn't appear that the Medium sized Mill town that I live in is being overrun with tourists. Gas appears to be prevalant, and cell phone service has not ceased.

Hopefully the glut of tourists will inject some $$$ into the local economy, and they will recommend visiting Oregon to friends and family members, but not move here permanently, since we already have enough issues with gentrification and jacked up cost of living, as it is.....

So for anyone not on "The Path of Totality" hopefully you get a chance to enjoy the show, although unfortunately God with his wicked sense of humor appears to have punished Charlottesville on the big day....
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1668 on: August 21, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »

Eagerly awaiting the Solar Eclipse tomorrow AM, as one of the first parts of the US to view the Eclipse in the path of totality.

Although they shut down my manufacturing line, so I don't need to work Monday but instead we make up hours on Friday, I still can't sleep in, because I need to wake up early, enjoy a few libations while listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", stroll out to my back patio, put on the special sun glasses, and chill for an hour or so, gradually watching the Eclipse happen.

Contrary to local media hype, it doesn't appear that the Medium sized Mill town that I live in is being overrun with tourists. Gas appears to be prevalant, and cell phone service has not ceased.

Hopefully the glut of tourists will inject some $$$ into the local economy, and they will recommend visiting Oregon to friends and family members, but not move here permanently, since we already have enough issues with gentrification and jacked up cost of living, as it is.....

So for anyone not on "The Path of Totality" hopefully you get a chance to enjoy the show, although unfortunately God with his wicked sense of humor appears to have punished Charlottesville on the big day....

We are getting totality here too.  The sun is out and is expected to stay out long enough to see this eclipse.  The conditions aren't really perfect, though, as heat indicies will likely be in triple-digits this afternoon, though it will cool off some during the eclipse itself.  Partiality begins in about an hour and a half, with totality in just over three hours.  I'm in Nashville, and we are certainly used to handling big crouds (we had 250,000 people downtown in June when the Stanley Cup collided with CMA Fest and again in July for the nation's largest 4th of July fireworks), so everything is running pretty much normally.  I'm about to head off to the AAA baseball stadium for a watch party and may try to take in a game afterwards.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1669 on: August 21, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »

Someone stole my Trump/Pence bumper sticker.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1670 on: August 21, 2017, 11:11:16 AM »

Good Samaritans come in many forms
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1671 on: August 21, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »

I hope you press charges and may they have their record tarnished for life (once they are safe enough to reintegrate into society). So gross.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1672 on: August 21, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »

With the eclipse and all, I decided to go for a walk in the woods this afternoon and pray for a friend who's been having some personal troubles lately. I found a beautiful patch of violet flowers and there was this little bird I've never seen before hopping along next to me and tweeting it's heart out for like a full minute. And while I didn't see any of the weird eclipse shadows, I saw a cloud formation that looked just like the shadows I was looking for on my way home. I think it went really well!!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1673 on: August 21, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »

I found a beautiful patch of violet flowers and there was this little bird I've never seen before hopping along next to me and tweeting it's heart out for like a full minute.

that's so cute! Siren the bird whisperer Tongue

I wish I could have a gang of birds follow me where ever I go. Of course, only tagging along in a friendly manner and not pooping on me and stealing my sandwiches.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1674 on: August 21, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

I found a beautiful patch of violet flowers and there was this little bird I've never seen before hopping along next to me and tweeting it's heart out for like a full minute.

that's so cute! Siren the bird whisperer Tongue

I wish I could have a gang of birds follow me where ever I go. Of course, only tagging along in a friendly manner and not pooping on me and stealing my sandwiches.

I guess there's just something about me! I'm like a disney princess with her little bird friends or something. Just waiting for them to call me up and offer to turn my life into an animated musical in exchange for a box of chocolate covered blueberries.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies