New Mexico Reconstruction Bill [On President's Desk]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:34:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Mexico Reconstruction Bill [On President's Desk]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Mexico Reconstruction Bill [On President's Desk]  (Read 4026 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »

Considering that the only offensive action taken by the tiny paramilitary group in question was to blow up one building, this is either laughable or an attempt to cover up serious damage caused by out-of control federal soldiers.

The initial action was blowing up a building, but it was not the last. During the war there were offensive maneuvers by both sides, in addition to the destruction of buildings, materials, etc.

I know you sympathize with RANM, but that is no excuse for opposing the reconstruction of an Atlasian city.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »

Afleitch hates New Mexico. Wink

Edit: Honestly, someone who votes for all kinds of spending programs and new government agencies, but you take some silly stand on spending on a bill that's meant to go to a state's reconstruction? Shame on you.

Marokai,

I would have voted for this bill if it had been indicated where the money was coming from. Considering you proposed the funds be raised from millions to billions you didn't say how we would fund it. You could even have said 'lets write it off' Smiley But this thing will cost billions; does it need billions? How extensive was the damage? How much would it cost to put right? We can't go on 'playing' the game like this now we have a GM. We need to cost bills.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

Of course I take no responsibility for the fact that they evidently no longer teach comprehension in New York schools Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »

Edit: Honestly, someone who votes for all kinds of spending programs and new government agencies, but you take some silly stand on spending on a bill that's meant to go to a state's reconstruction? Shame on you.

Marokai,

I would have voted for this bill if it had been indicated where the money was coming from. Considering you proposed the funds be raised from millions to billions you didn't say how we would fund it. You could even have said 'lets write it off' Smiley But this thing will cost billions; does it need billions? How extensive was the damage? How much would it cost to put right? We can't go on 'playing' the game like this now we have a GM. We need to cost bills.

There is already a GM article on this legislation, just in case anyone is interested...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »

Marokai,

My numbers came from what PS recommended.

Quite frankly for all your complaining about how much bills cost I don't see you doing much about it during the debate and amendment process. Opposing the reconstruction of one of our very own cities because you didn't get one technical line about where we're charging this up is rather.. trivial.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

Quite frankly for all your complaining about how much bills cost I don't see you doing much about it during the debate and amendment process. Opposing the reconstruction of one of our very own cities because you didn't get one technical line about where we're charging this up is rather.. trivial.

Just say you're going to mark it up on the national debt if thats what you're going to do, that is all Tongue You seem to be getting too worked up about this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

Just say you're going to mark it up on the national debt if thats what you're going to do, that is all Tongue You seem to be getting too worked up about this.

I just assumed that was implied for everything that wasn't specifically paid for, but I guess not. Tongue

And don't worry afleitch, it's just my usual bark. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »

Aye
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 04:48:06 PM »

I just assumed that was implied for everything that wasn't specifically paid for, but I guess not. Tongue

And don't worry afleitch, it's just my usual bark. Wink

Thank you Smiley

And now I can change my vote to Aye.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »

Aye, I guess.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2009, 05:03:09 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Nay

Let them rebuilt it themselves. Tongue
Just kidding of course

reluctant Aye.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »

Bill is passing. 24 hour notice to change votes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 04:38:40 AM »

Bill is passing. 24 hour notice to change votes.

I gave it a little extra time due to tech issues, but I now declare this bill has passed. I present it to the President for his signature.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »

Thanks to the Senate for passing this.

X Lief
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies