The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
« previous next »
Thread note
Please do not re-post any posts that you think are likely to be moderated in this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22
Author Topic: The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content  (Read 45032 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 25, 2020, 07:11:21 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=378706.0

People that say that IA is safe R should be put on mute, since this isnt 2016 anymore
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2020, 07:13:20 PM »

OC shouldn’t be in here. God’s word is not to be challenged.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2020, 12:33:03 AM »

NYT on Bidenworld.

Those around Mr. Biden would not speculate about what might happen to the groups if he entered the 2020 race. But at least one set of plans has already been shelved.

When the Biden Foundation applied to the I.R.S. for tax-exempt status in February 2016, it stated that one mission would be to “educate the public regarding Vice President Biden’s career in public service” by building “a first-of-its-kind vice-presidential library and museum for the study of the vice presidency.”

Then Donald J. Trump was elected, perversely reviving Mr. Biden’s three-decade dream of winning the presidency, a job that comes with its own library. “Since that time,” said Mark Gitenstein, the foundation’s president, “the board of the Biden Foundation determined that was no longer a relevant objective.”

Oh, he's running.

Biden may run, but he's not going get anywhere near the nomination. In fact, I bet he doesn't do any better than he did in 2008.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2020, 03:07:11 AM »

Sometimes, you just have to cringe at yourself:

Rachel Bitecofer is a QUEEN & all of you non-believers will be begging for her mercy come the morning of November 4th!

Honestly respect to you for being big enough to lean into self deprication, I did not expect that and I am impressed. It’s about time for my sig to come down anyways, so Imma replace it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2020, 02:02:42 PM »

Sometimes, you just have to cringe at yourself:

Rachel Bitecofer is a QUEEN & all of you non-believers will be begging for her mercy come the morning of November 4th!

Honestly respect to you for being big enough to lean into self deprication, I did not expect that and I am impressed. It’s about time for my sig to come down anyways, so Imma replace it.

Purple heart Perhaps you had me confused with the poster formerly known as the 35th Vice President of the United States Tongue
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2021, 07:12:54 AM »

Read my lips:

The Republicans are not going to win IA-2. Anyone who says otherwise is either a dumbass, someone who doesn't live in Iowa, or someone who wants to sell you an agenda.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #356 on: January 02, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »

Read my lips:

The Republicans are not going to win IA-2. Anyone who says otherwise is either a dumbass, someone who doesn't live in Iowa, or someone who wants to sell you an agenda.

I may have technically been wrong, but I don't regret it. Miller-Meeks literally won by Gore 2000 numbers, and you seriously cannot blame me for not trusting this outlier poll which had IA-2 to the right of IA-3, even if that did end up being the case.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: January 02, 2021, 04:27:24 PM »

Read my lips:

I may have technically been wrong, but I don't regret it. Miller-Meeks literally won by Gore 2000 numbers, and you seriously cannot blame me for not trusting this outlier poll which had IA-2 to the right of IA-3, even if that did end up being the case.

I don't think anybody's blaming you. Your post just happens to be a prime example of "exquisitely aged content" Tongue
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2021, 03:26:27 PM »

No need to wait for this one.

If Democrats gain control of the Senate, then the filibuster will be eliminated & they'll do all of these things. If not, the only thing that happens is a new justice being confirmed to replace Breyer (thereby not changing the ideological balance of the Court) & maybe an infrastructure package. I'm sure there'll be another COVID stimulus package in any event, but whether or not it includes $2K checks is entirely dependent on Senate control.

manchin will not vote to abolish the filibuster.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »

If Democrats gain control of the Senate, then the filibuster will be eliminated & they'll do all of these things. If not, the only thing that happens is a new justice being confirmed to replace Breyer (thereby not changing the ideological balance of the Court) & maybe an infrastructure package. I'm sure there'll be another COVID stimulus package in any event, but whether or not it includes $2K checks is entirely dependent on Senate control.

This also belongs here for the concept of a Republican Senate taking up a nomination to replace Breyer.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2021, 04:37:49 PM »

This also belongs here for the concept of a Republican Senate taking up a nomination to replace Breyer.

Incorrect, given that Senate Republicans would have no incentive to not take up a nomination to replace Breyer & all the incentive to do so. Not allowing any decent judge who gets nominated to be confirmed & holding the seat open for the entirety of a Biden presidency would just be an unnecessary political headache when the ideological leaning of the Court wouldn't even be in jeopardy: replace Breyer with a Kruger or a Jackson & the ideological balance of the Court stays the same, 6-3 in conservatives' (& 5-4 in arch-conservatives') favor. Not to mention, he'd probably even get bipartisan brownie points from the American people for it, since it'd give him the opportunity to say "see, we Senate Republicans are fair. We let Joe Biden appoint somebody to the highest court."
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2021, 11:51:49 PM »

Or this one:

in fact, the 5 vote majority in the house may be even more of an issue than joe manchin. Not hard at all to find 5 house dems who represent wealthy business districts who will oppose tax increases.  

Dude, seriously, you're approaching MM-levels of stubbornly refusing to stop being incorrect here.

I will have my left testicle surgically removed and provide medical proof to this board (in form of a document, not anatomical photos)  if manchin votes to remove filibuster.

For posterity's sake:

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #362 on: January 06, 2021, 01:29:24 AM »

These races are both safe R. In 2008 Obama lost the state by 6 points, with a 3 point Senate election. Republicans won the ensuing senate runoff by 16 points or something like that.

And so ends Mr. Electajoe's Senate coattails, one of the most dismal congressional campaign failures in recent Democratic history.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #363 on: January 06, 2021, 01:37:53 AM »

These races are both safe R. In 2008 Obama lost the state by 6 points, with a 3 point Senate election. Republicans won the ensuing senate runoff by 16 points or something like that.

And so ends Mr. Electajoe's Senate coattails, one of the most dismal congressional campaign failures in recent Democratic history.

Happy to be wrong about Georgia but November was an atrocious underperformance for Democrats.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #364 on: January 06, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »

No need to wait 2 years for this one.

There will be split voting between the Gov and Senate races, Kemp will win and so can Warnock

Gov race is Safe R, Senate race tilt D
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #365 on: January 06, 2021, 02:39:48 PM »

Quoting MM here hardly seems fair, but I can't resist:

The needle will go red and never go back by 8pm.

Cash it in. It’s gaining interest.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »

- Me, before proceeding to post 20+ more times in said thread.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2021, 07:38:26 AM »

I wanted to repost one who said "Trump won't do better than Scott in Dade lmfao" but then realized it's not worth it because you could cover an entire thread up to capacity just with Florida takes about the 2020 election aged badly.

Also, this thread should be renamed "The MillennialModerate Marketplace of Exquisitely Aged Content".
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2021, 07:43:23 AM »

I (unironically) have my grandpa's tractor to sell to you if you seriously think Gianforte will win by 10 points.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

If liberals had spent half as much time trying to actually win the election as they did making up stuff about what Trump would do if he lost, they might have beaten him.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »

If liberals had spent half as much time trying to actually win the election as they did making up stuff about what Trump would do if he lost, they might have beaten him.

Yikes!
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2021, 09:10:05 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2021, 09:13:10 AM by Thunder98 »

Yes, he will come to terms with his loss if he loses unlike many say here.

This one takes the cake.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2021, 01:59:02 AM »

Yes, he will come to terms with his loss if he loses unlike many say here.

This one takes the cake.

When it comes to Trump, there's always more cake to take.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2021, 05:29:06 PM »

[Josh Hawley is] a young Senate freshman who isn't absolutely drenched in Trumpness.

Boy, do I regret this post or what?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #374 on: January 19, 2021, 11:16:04 PM »

Yeah, this is Safe R. Ossoff will not be able to compete with the massive amount of money Perdue has and will continue to raise.

I haven't paid too much attention to the Georgia races, but is it fair to say Dems totally bombed recruiting here? Ossoff and some random pastor? Yikes.

Well I’m writing off this seat if we nominate Ossoff

Perdue still wins

Warnock and Ossoff are not winning GA this year

Not in this climate

Man, people really slept on Georgia.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies