o hai (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:51:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6500 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2013, 08:49:19 PM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

Alright enough is enough.  When you Inks up, the only thing you can do is come clean.  I sure as hell am not gonna sit here and let the PU leadership dump something they were up to their eyeballs in at Labor's feet.  First, I deserve blame for this (along with the PU leadership) and no one else in Labor, I will not let my friends take the blame for my screw-up!  Siren had no part in this, so don't go blaming her for it either.  It is a shame that the PU leadership was willing to let people think it was her to try to save their own skin.  There were discussions about this and throughout them Flo, GAworth, and PJ knew full well about what was going on.  The PU leadership enthusiastically encouraged this.  The idea that it was just me sending PMs is a load of baloney and while I'd rather not leak them, I will say that I have the PMs to prove the active involvement of the PU leadership.  Flo himself implied that he didn't move to the Mideast simply because he couldn't move until February.  PJ absolutely sent PMs encouraging folks to move.  I was very mixed about this.  I thought several times I shouldn't do it and against my better judgement, I sent a rather hyperbolic PM to Marnetmar (who had already been PMed about this by the PU for the record) and felt awful about it the moment I sent it.  I try to set a high ethical standard for myself and I didn't meet it.  Over a Inks internet game of all things.  I can only say that I feel awful and am extremely sorry about this.  I hope you guys will give me another chance and ask for your forgiveness.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »

Good on ya Mr. X! Coming clean about these things is not something a lot of our Atlasian figures will do, and by apologizing you are a lot better than most.

Earning back trust will be difficult, but you're on the right path!

Thanks, I really appreciate it Smiley  That means a lot coming from you in particular, given the circumstances Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »

I feel that the main issue comes from the fact that this was meant to be kept secret for whatever reason.

Looking back, it was probably me already feeling bad about it at an unconscious level.  When someone does something they feel bad about, they tend not to want the world to know Tongue  Strategically, it also makes sense to do it in secret.  The real issue is people being hypocritical about strategic registration.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 09:45:29 PM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

I would also like to apologize for this. While X did PM me a couple weeks ago asking about this, I did volunteer to help him and I now realize that was the wrong decision. Up until this point, I had no involvement in strategic registration. I would like to clarify, this was the fault of a couple of Progressives and a Laborite, not the Progressive Union itself. Lumine, butafly, Siren, and other Progressives had nothing to do with this.

To clarify, this started less than a week ago and I asked your guys thoughts about the idea.  It sort of went from there.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

THIS IS GONNA BE A GREAT ENTRY IN LOVE TALES OF HAGRID & GRIFFIN

I should certainly hope so Tongue 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:31:19 AM »

See, it's sh**t like this that leads to certain regions having people leave them and come flooding to the Mideast.  I'd better not see Mr. X supporting regional consolidation and making the "the Pacific is too inactive" argument.

That has never been my reason for supporting regional consolidation.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists. X can vouch for the fact that we were also considering some Labor candidates.

Actually, I wasn't aware of any PMs to Laborites Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 10:54:42 AM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

PJ told me prior to my PM, that he'd PMed Marnetmar about this and not heard back, but whatever.  It doesn't really matter much to me at this point, some people whose forum friendship I valued don't feel they can trust me any more, and that's what I'm upset about.  The point is that we shouldn't have been doing this and it reflects badly on all involved.  I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »

I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I saw dishonesty and felt that it shouldn't be kept secret.Is this an invalid reason somehow? I don't care what party it is.

I'm not gonna leak the PM, but that certainly wasn't the impression I got.  That may have been part of it, but it didn't sound like why you said you leaked it.  IIRC, you said you thought it would be fun and humorous to play Julian Assange when I asked you what would be gained from ruining my reputation and humiliating me in public over this since I had already told you that I regretted it and wasn't going to do it again (I forget the exact words, and no, you don't have permission to post those PMs just because I alludes to them) even before I knew you leaked it.  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like moral outrage so much as having fun at someone else's expense simply because you could.  Also I did let you know at least once (possibly twice, I forget) that posting PMs was against site policy, so it isn't like you didn't know better.  I think it is against ToS to post them, or at least gets you death points, but I could be wrong. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »

I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I saw dishonesty and felt that it shouldn't be kept secret.Is this an invalid reason somehow? I don't care what party it is.

I'm not gonna leak the PM, but that certainly wasn't the impression I got.  That may have been part of it, but it didn't sound like why you said you leaked it.  IIRC, you said you thought it would be fun and humorous to play Julian Assange when I asked you what would be gained from ruining my reputation and humiliating me in public over this since I had already told you that I regretted it and wasn't going to do it again (I forget the exact words, and no, you don't have permission to post those PMs just because I alludes to them) even before I knew you leaked it.  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like moral outrage so much as having fun at someone else's expense simply because you could.  Also I did let you know at least once (possibly twice, I forget) that posting PMs was against site policy, so it isn't like you didn't know better.  I think it is against ToS to post them, or at least gets you death points, but I could be wrong. 

You pointed out to me that this was a simulation game and wasn't to be taken seriously, so the mindset had shifted. In said simulation, I see an action that is morally wrong and expose it.

I said I thought some people took it too seriously, but I also said the other things.  You knew it was going to stop even if you didn't leak it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies