Potential UK General Election Late 2016 / Early 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Potential UK General Election Late 2016 / Early 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Potential UK General Election Late 2016 / Early 2017  (Read 15680 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: June 25, 2016, 04:38:37 AM »

The Tory brand is no longer moderate and moderates are what swing the key constuecies.

The LibDems will probably have a strong vote share.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 04:25:48 AM »

Provided they have reasonably competent leadership, I can't see how the Tories don't ride this result a very strong Majority Government. The Conservative Party has already proven that it can get a majority from just England and Wales. As someone that mostly supports Labour, I don't see much cause for optimism. With Scotland gone to the SNP, it's hard to see how Labour can even win a hung Parliament. To put it in American terms, it's almost like having California voting solely for an independence party. (In 2012, without California, Romney would have won with Florida and just 7 other electoral votes while still losing the nationwide popular vote by about 2 million votes.)

There's no way that ordinary swing-voter people don't punish the Tories for not having a coherent plan after Brexit. I base that off them only having a 10-seat majority.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 05:03:38 AM »

I fail to see why a general election this early is neccessary.

Because only 100 MPs in Westminster were elected believing they would exit the EU. THe Brexiteers themselves have no idea what to do. A general election would at least allow the parties to lay out their plans for Brexit. Right now its down to the Conservative Party Leadership election, a party with just a 10-seat majority in danger of entering civil war.

Labour and Conservatives should really split now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies