Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:07:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 203691 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »

I feel most Republicans will be standing by him. A lot of confressmen are condemning him because they're afraid of angering the Democrats. Most Republicans feel that the media whitewashing Antifa is worse than Trump not "specifically" calling out white supremacists. A lot of Democrats say that their side of the story is legitimized by what they stand for and the fact that the only death in the rally was one of them.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »

I feel most Republicans will be standing by him. A lot of confressmen are condemning him because they're afraid of angering the Democrats. Most Republicans feel that the media whitewashing Antifa is worse than Trump not "specifically" calling out white supremacists. A lot of Democrats say that their side of the story is legitimized by what they stand for and the fact that the only death in the rally was one of them.

It's not those types (which are gonna hold out to the bitter end), it's the Indies, Moderates, Not-so-Ideological types that are critical to keep hold of.

They are the ones who ensured Trump would have barely over 50% after he just won (and the ones who held their nose just because he was new and Hillary wasn't), they are the ones who have ensured he'd be at 44% by inauguration, and they are the ones who got his numbers down to where they are now.

Congresscritters aren't condemning him for the sake of appeasing Democrats, they're doing it to appear reasonable to those not so entrenched.

I don't think we'll find out until the polls come out which side the moderates take.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »

A lot of Republicans see this as a smear campaign against Trump. Kind of like how the Democrats have been moving to the Bernie wing most Republicans look up to Trump rather than the GOP establishment.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 06:27:27 PM »

I think that was more of a reaction to North Korea than Charlottesville.  The Tuesday press conference was the last day of polling.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »

If his approval stays still, it doesn't mean his supporters are racist. It means they're unfazed by the media coverage of him. Democrats see Trump defending white nationalists, white nationalists see Trump defending the counter protesters, but the right sees a man who condemned both sides.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »

Gallup numbers are in, Approval went up one point and disapproval is flat.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »

Not sure if Bannon's removal will help or hurt.

I heard about what Heather's mom had to say about Trump. I feel she may turn his base against him more than his own comments could. When people see they're standing against the side of Heather's mom, they'll show a change of heart.

Honestly, even I'm having second thoughts about him.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »

There is one really big takeaway from today's OpinionSavvy poll.

66% of people strongly disapproved of Trump's comments. There's no partisan breakdown, but disapproval is certainly much higher among Democrats than Republicans.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »

The difference between Trump and other presidents is the way opponents see him as a human being. See the Gallup poll that explained why people who hate him do so.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »

Having only 2% of Romney-Clinton voters approve of Trump, should be making those Suburban Sunbelt republicans get really sweaty.

Also having 70% of Obama-Trump voters still approve of Trump is puzzling, when you see that Trumps approval rating in the Midwest is awful.

The main takeaway here is that Obama-Trump voters can easily swing back to the Democrats but Romney-Clinton voters are likely done with the GOP for good.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »

The NFL/NBA stuff will probably bring his ratings back down.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »

I wonder if his ratings will take a hit as a result of his incompetence regarding the Hurricane Maria aftermath in Puerto Rico.

This is worse than Katrina, and we know what Hurricane Katrina did to the polling numbers for Dubya.

Lying, glory-seeking fool!

It's not worse than Katrina. Katrina killed nearly 2,000 people. The death toll here isn't at 100 yet.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

Will Vegas help or hurt his approvals?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 02:37:23 AM »

Another possibility is that AP/NOPR is just one of those pollsters that tends to the low side for Trump.  Their previous survey in the 538 list (June 8-11) had Trump at 35/64 and was among the lowest around that time, too.

I'm guessing perhaps the respondents in the AP polls tend to be more urban and suburban, and not enough rural/exurban?

I don't think it's out of the question that trump is unpopular among many suburban and urban republicans.

I feel a lot of these "suburban and urban republicans" are abandoning their party because of Trump. He's pushing many Republicans leftward on immigration, healthcare, and LGBT rights. See Ana Navarro, Jennifer Rubin, Rick Wilson, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies