The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:59:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36437 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »

Phil Scott for President

(Burlington Vermont, February 22 2019)

Hello Burlington! I'm happy to address you today this cold February day. Today I'll be meeting with Democratic state legislators, but first well...I have a major announcement. But first, a recap of the past two years. Vermont has excelled like never before, we've grown the state economy and brought business to Vermont. We've finally got people coming to Vermont, not leaving. Our credit rating is the highest in the region. We've balanced our budget year after year, without a tax increase. We've set up opioid treatment centers across the state, treated it like a human problem, not a political one.

We must govern with compassion, govern with respect. When we approach a problem, it can't be through a political lens. When we sought 50 million dollars for cleaner water for Vermonters, it can't be seen as he's a Democrat, I'm a Republican. We can't work together, the only way we get things done. Is together. Working with anyone to serve the people. We weren't sent here to grandstand, we were sent her to work. I'm proud that in Vermont, that's what we do. We work hard, we work for Vermonters.

Thankfully we see this in other places, in Boston, Governor Baker serves his constituents, he doesn't scheme. Governor Hogan has rebuilt a state by working with anyone to cut taxes, create jobs, and protect the most vulnerable. President Romney has worked hard with leaders of all stripes to grow the economy, and support of nurses, vets, and teachers. He's worked to make government more efficient, and America a stronger force for Democracy. But though in many places we aspire to citizenship, not partisanship. That's not always the case.

In Congress, we see bickering, partisanship, and point scoring take precedence over working together, getting things done. Politicians shout at each other, try and look good for campaign ads. While trackers take score of politicians. Government shutdowns are used as a tactic for politics. That's not governing, or leading. That's upsettingly just politics. But what I think, is that it doesn't have to be this way. We Vermonters know that. Because we do it better here! And there are leaders, and citizens all across this country who can do better than Washington, we know we can do better. So it's past time we just think about this, let's realize this. There is more work to do. I feel that this years in Vermont prove what we can when we work together. So let's do that on the campaign trail. I'm announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. Let's aspire to citizenship, let's serve the people, and work for everyone! We need to improve our infrastructure, end this cruel opioid epidemic claiming thousands of lives all the time. We need to support our schools and our teachers, we need to create jobs. And we need to change Washington. Thank you Burlington!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:46:17 AM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott to Accept Elise Stefanik Endorsement in Plattsburgh

Phil Scott is beginning his campaign kickoff by accepting the endorsement of Representative Elise Stefanik of New York's 21st district in nearby Plattsburgh. Governor Scott and Representative Stefanik will both speak, and then take questions from the assembled peoples. Here is a section of Stefanik's remarks.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Phil Scott in New Hampshire

Governor Scott will be making a major trip to New Hampshire to start his Presidential bid, visiting the cities and towns (in this order) of Portsmouth, Dover, Nashua, Manchester, Concord, Keene, and Wolfesboro. This trip will be over the course of a few days, Phil Scott will speak to supporters, do local radio and television, and hold town halls and meet and greets. Phil Scott's campaign will be very much centered in New Hampshire, the trip to Manchester will include opening a campaign office. And in Concord, Governor Scott will meet with state legislators of both parties, and discuss solutions to regional problems, including the joint state family leave plan.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »

So, at this point, it appears that we will be skipping ahead to June 1 as of February 1. The first debate for both parties will be June 5 in-game (February 5 IRL). Campaign schedules for February through June are highly encouraged and will be due by the start of the first debate.

Can we get our endorsement credits for that period at some point? No rush. Smiley
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »

Also, please note: endorsements bought with megadump credits will not be mentioned in election updates until June 2 in-game (February 2 IRL), as it's assumed they endorsed over the course of the four months skipped.
Will my interview update be soon?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:21:47 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 11:38:42 AM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott gathers endorsements, support

Governor Scott has continued to gather support across early primary states. The schedule below illustrates the movement of Governor Scott and his team, where they gather more steam as name recognition grows. Phil Scott has received many new endorsements. These include Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, and former Vermont Governor Jim Douglas. There are other individuals who will be revealed soon on the campaign trail. Governor Scott has also gained traction with small dollar donations, and has sworn of the Super PAC.  Governor Scott has been able to fit in duties as governor, as illustrated in the schedule. Phil Scott has meet with surrogates such as Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan, and Jim Douglas on the campaign trail. Governor Hogan spoke to a room full of supporters in New Hampshire:

Phil Scott Schedule

Here is Governor Phil Scott's schedule for spring season, March to June.

March
March 1-5: New Hampshire Bus Tour (illustrated in earlier post)
March 5-8: Rest/Governor Duties
March 9: Town Hall with Governor Jim Douglas in Warren VT
March 9-11: Door knocking and Canvassing in Manchester and Portsmouth
March 12-16: Barnstorming rural northern New Hampshire with Elise Stefanik
March 16-22: Governor Duties
March 22-24: Touring the Lake Winnipesaukee region (home to one of President Romney's homes)
March 25: Major Rally in Nashua New Hampshire, open Nashua campaign office
March 25-31: Media Tour (local radio, television, meet and greets)

April
April 1-6: Governor Duties
April 7-11: Open Keene and Concord Campaign offices
April 12-15: Barnstorming New Hampshire with surrogates (Douglas, Hogan, Baker)
April 15-21: Governor Duties/Rest
April 21-23: Touring and Canvassing in Iowa City and Davenport
April 23-28: Bus Tour of Iowa (Iowa City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids)
April 28-30: Iowa Local Radio and Television

May
May 1-4: Governor Duties/Rest
May 5-7: National Media
May 8: Major Rally in Manchester with Governor Baker, open Manchester office
May 8-11: Barnstorming northern New Hampshire
May 11-15: Bus Tour of the Lake Winnipesaukee region and to Concord
May 15: Major Rally with Larry Hogan in Concord
May 16-21: Meet and Greets with supporters in New Hampshire
May 22-27: Governor Duties/Rest
May 28-31: Town Halls in New Hampshire
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 05:24:13 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott speech to supporters in Wolfesboro

(March 23, Major Excerpt)

I'm happy to be here around the beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee. Vermont I believe, beats New Hampshire with Ice Cream, Cheese, Maple Syrup, and more controversially mountains. But I will surrender the superiority of New Hampshire's lakes.

I've fortunately had the pleasure of being in New Hampshire frequently during my time as governor. I've been across the White Mountains, and I've eaten lunch in Portsmouth. I got the opportunity to work New Hampshire's hard working governor Chris Sunnunu. Chris is really an example. Somebody who sits down with Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, confronts the problems head on and puts solutions first. He worked to get the opportunity zones the tax breaks they need, he stood up for the taxpayer, and he got up and supported the rights and equality of the LGBT community.  Not to mention his rugby ability, and his extraordinary hiking. One day we must come back to Vermont and hike Mount Mansfield together.

But I think Washington has a lot to learn from Concord and Montpelier. It's gotten to a point in Washington where some of our representatives don't even listen to each other. They've got a few tracking agencies or special interests they've got to please, and that's it. In Burlington and Montpelier, we got problem solvers who sit down and get things done for the people. In Montpelier we got millions for clean water, we invest 3 million to give our students the best tuition possible. In Concord they've mapped out of a plan to increase state power output, and Chris and I have both held the line of taxes and fees. We keep our budgets balanced, and our taxes down. That's responsible leadership, we work together, that's how we create a better future for our children and protect the most vulnerable.

But what do we need to do in Washington? Well, my campaign is mapping out a policy roadmap to keep America humming strong, and to close the partisan divide. First, infrastructure. We have a D- grade for our bridges, roads, piping system, power grids. I can't accept that. I don't think we as a community can accept potholes in our roads and collapses of our bridges. I want the invest half a trillion dollars or more into our infrastructure. That includes tax cuts for specific companies, and it includes new spending. But the benefit is enormous, and will reap and enormous surplus in the end. It will create thousands upon thousands of jobs nationwide. This helps everyone, new roads to get from here to Manchester, to travel down to Rutland Vermont. New sewage lines, and new modern bridges that can support bigger loads. We can do better, and we must strive to do so.

At the same time, we must stand up for taxpayers. President Romney has done a great job doing that, but we must make sure that working people and our middle class families aren't forcing to pay higher taxes. I want real tax reform that cuts taxes for the middle class, and closes loopholes that giant corporations and banks use to hide their money overseas.

I think we gotta stand up for the most vulnerable in our society. I'm opposed to deep cuts to important programs. Our rural development commissions like the ARC, or like many other groups that invest in schools, jobs, local communities. Our after school program and youth diversion initiatives. We don't help anybody when we get rid of these important programs. We need compassion in government, we can't just be in this for ourselves.

This all ads up to bridging the partisan divide, getting things done like here in New Hampshire. Getting Republicans and Democrats to work together to get things done. A simple concept isn't it? Americans do it every day. We go to work with people of all kinds of political beliefs, we work together. Why can't Washington work the same way? That's the question I ask. I want to restore transparency and accountability. We need to have our leaders stare us in the eyes, and be honest. We must restore faith in our political process. If I have the honor of being elected, I'll bring cameras into the White House, and I'll always govern like I have in Montpelier. With my fellow citizens as neighbors. I'm honored to be supported by such leaders like Elise Stefanik of the north country in New York. She's a real leader for her community, and her generation will really be transformative for this country.

With all that said, I'd be honored if you'd vote for me. And I humbly ask for your vote

Phil Ad #1: Together (Running in Iowa, NH, and SC)

(Camera pans onto a Burlington farmers market, Phil at the focus in the foreground)

Hello. I'm Vermont Governor Phil Scott. I'm worked for the last two years as governor of the great state of Vermont. I know my constituents as my friends and neighbors, and I've had the honor of serving them.  I'm running for President of the United States because it's time we ended the partisan divide, made our leaders accountable to the people again, and make government work for all of us. We get things done when we work together, and that's what I want to see in Washington. I'm Phil Scott candidate for President, and I approve this message. I'd be honored to have your vote.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

Oooooo! Awesome! Any chance of IA or NH polls?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 10:31:44 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for June

June
June 1-8: Governor Duties/Rest
June 9: Accept Representatives Charlie Dent and Ryan Costello Endorsement in Allentown Pennsylvania

June 10-14: Tour Northeastern Iowa (Dubuque, Cedar Rapids)
June 15-19: Governor Duties
June 20: Accept Chris Sununu endorsement in Concord New Hampshire
June 21: Major Rally with Chris Sununu in Keene
June 22-25: Barnstorm major New Hampshire cities with Chris Sununu and Elise Stefanik
June 26-29: Governor Duties
June 29-30: Doing New Hampshire local radio and television

Phil Scott Remarks in Milford New Hampshire

(Major Excerpt, June 24 )

I'm so honored to be here with Representative Stefanik and Governor Sununu. Elise, well she's the future. She believes in an America where you can work hard and get ahead, where America is a symbol of freedom, and where it challenges us to be better. She believes in listening, when we listen, we get things done. She stands up for her district, for jobs, and for Fort Drum. She believes in working together to get things done, where we listen. We listen to each other. We can never understate the value of listening to each other. That's the only way we get things done for this country. Democrats and Republicans had to work together to defeat fascism, Democrats and Republicans worked together to establish Medicare, Democrats and Republicans worked together for civil rights legislation, we worked together for the Reagan era prosperity. That's how we solve the great challenges of our time.

Governor Sununu is really an example for the rest of the country. Just like in Boston and Annapolis, like Governor Baker and Governor Hogan. The recipe for prosperity, keep taxes low and keep budgets balanced. That's real fiscal restraint and responsibility. They work with Democrats to tackle crime, the opioid crisis, and education. Governor Sununu worked for the biggest tax cuts for middle class families, he balances his budget year after year. Washington buries us in debt, and politicians can't seem to get it together. Now President Romney is a great leader, he led us out of the recession with taxes down. But we can do more. We need to listen each other, and end the Washington culture of division. Concord and Montpelier are examples for Washington, not the other way around.

But, how can we reduce the deficit? How can we move to restore the budget surplus of years past? Now ending this debt helps everyone. When I speak to people across this country, they want to know how this will end? Will schools be defunded? What about our roads and farm loans? We can't go on like this, New Hampshire and Vermont prove we can do it. We need to keep taxes low for working families. First, like Representative Stefanik said. We need to rein in spending. Earmarks are a Washington practice we can't afford. When we spend money on our districts and states, it has to be about helping people. Building schools roads, and community centers, improving our communities. Not for shameless political purposes. We can do better than that, I believe we can.

On defense, cutting our defense is the wrong thing to do. Not only must we maintain a strong national defense, we must also support our allies. And also like in the North Country and Massachusetts, we have important military bases. But it's time that our military spending is advised by our Generals, not lobbyists. Our military contracts should be on the equipment we need. We can't afford to waste money on things we don't need. If I'm elected, I'll work to restrain stuffed contracts, and save billions. Invest in working down the deficit, but also in necessary military sectors, in our schools, and in taxes down for working families. We also need to close tax loopholes that allow billions to be hidden in offshore accounts. Bring the money home, our deficit needs to down, our communities, our people can't afford that. By working with Democrats and Republicans together, I believe, I'm optimistic we can do this.

(Remarks from Chris Sununu in Milford)

Now you may have seen some out of state ads on the television. I've seen them, saying Governor Scott is a tax and spend liberal. This couldn't be further from the truth. Governor Scott is committed to fiscal responsibility and fiscal conservatism. He balances budget after budget, and he's vetoed every tax increase put on his desk. That's leadership, that's not tax and spend nothing. He kept taxes down, and by creating a surplus. Still protected the most vulnerable, still got the roads cleared in the winter, still funded the schools and supported Vermont's farmers. I couldn't be prouder to support this guy for President, and I'm looking forward to see him win this primary!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 04:43:52 PM »

This is exciting!

Two things:
1. Can we have Dem polls?
2. I think we might need a dedicated chat thread
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2019, 09:49:01 AM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President Ad #2: Out Here

Too air in Iowa (Emphasis on Sioux City Market, New Hampshire, and Vermont

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 10:23:05 PM »

Phil Scott Debate Responses

Opening Statement
Well first I'd like to thank the University of South Carolina for allowing us to use their premises for this debate. I'd like to thank the Young Republicans Chapter of the school with whom I had a fun and engaging meeting with earlier today, and I'd like to thank my wife Diana and my daughters for making it down south tonight.

My name is Phil Scott proud Governor of Vermont, I'm running for President of the United States. I think we're at a unique opportunity in the history of our country. President Romney has led this country out of a time of great trial stronger than before. I'm proud of our accomplishments these past 8 years, America has a lot to be proud of. But we still face tremendous challenges. Our deficit runs up while the middle class too much in taxes and tax evasion is a pressing crisis. In infrastructure is a D-, and farmers across the country, especially dairy farmers in a fight for their very existence. I won't accept that, it's time for us to rise above our political differences to do the right thing. We have to approach our nation's problems differently, not from the perspective of politics, of Washington. We have to do things another way. Like people do out in America. In Montpelier, in Boston, but also in homes across America. We pitch in together, to solve our problems. We must rise above.

Washington won't do this by themselves. We need to elevate change makers, and put in an end to the toxic partisan politicking which gets nothing done for Americans. I'm proud to be endorsed by people like Elise Stefanik and Charlie Dent, muckrakers who put country before party. Administrators like Bill Weld, Charlie Baker, and Larry Hogan who had to govern a state everyday, clear traffic, clear snow off streets, and they had a recipe for success. America needs this plan, keep taxes down, balance our budget like I have in Vermont, and protect the most vulnerable. We must rise above our partisan differences to tackle the great challenges of the day, I believe I am the man to do that. I hope to earn your vote tonight, and have the honor of your support. Thank you.

Question Answer
I don't know who's saying I'm too liberal Megyn. My record speaks for itself, I've balanced every Vermont budget, and I'm proud to say I've vetoed every reckless tax increase proposed by the state legislature. I was elected by citizens who wanted a different kind of governor, an end to tax and spend economics, Vermonters wanted to cut taxes to create growth, and we did that. We got the best credit rating in the region. But we also did that without cutting the most important services. I believe we can do this on a national level. We can cut taxes for working Americans, bring down the deficit, and still tackle our challenges. We can still launch a new investment into American infrastructure which will ultimately create new revenue, we can save the small town farmer.

Now, it's true that I thing we must rise above our partisan politics to work together to get things done. We've seen what happens when Washington is left to its own partisan devices. Not much good. Compromise is treated like a four letter word, I think differently. Compromise is what has worked. In Concord, Governor Sununu worked together with Democrats to create one of the most fiscally sound states in the nation. I ask why can't Washington do the same, I think American should ask the same question. That's why I'm running, to actually tackle our nation's greatest problems head on.

Closing Statement
Well, we've just heard a lot of stuff today. But if there's one thing I hope you remember, it's that 2020 is an opportunity for this country. Its an opportunity to create a better America, to overcome years of partisan barricades to burst forward into a bright new American tomorrow. When the sun shines onto Vermont's green mountains, I'm filled with a boundless hope for this great country. But to take on the crises of our day, crises at home, crises abroad, we must work together my friends. We must rise above and do things differently. A different path, to truly fight for the American people. Do what we did up north in Vermont, balanced our budgets, got our credit rating up, and protected the most vulnerable. I believe we can do better, and I believe that America will. Thank you and good night.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »

Phil Scott Statement

Governor Scott Joins with Senators Leahy and Sanders to Condemn the Bomber

Well, I've just had a lengthy discussion with our two US Senators, Pat Leahy and Bernie Sanders. We spoke about a multitude of topics relevant to Vermont, including rural development, as well as new other agriculture related issues. But the primary topic was the terrorist attacks, or attempted attacks against presidential candidates, specifically and exclusively Democrats, and other distinguished public servants. This news is very disturbing, and let there be no ifs and buts about it. This is disgusting, cowards, and un-American. I wish the best of luck to law enforcement and hope for the swift capture of the bomber.

Senator Leahy, Sanders, and I all agree. I believe all Americans agree. We cannot allow our nation to fall into this kind of violence, hatred, and despicable place. I believe America is better than this, and I believe we can, and we must do better. We must aspire to a better America, regardless of whether or not my or any campaign succeeds today, we as a nation must be better than this. We must discard violence, extremism, and hatred. I believe we can, and I believe we will.

I want to also send my best wishes to the targets of these attacks, and hope that stay well, and they stay unafraid, and continue to spread their messages. Let us not be afraid, as fear will only give them power. We must be bold, we must be optimistic, we must be fearless. Thank you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »

Phil Scott for President Ad #3: Right for New Hampshire

To air in New Hampshire

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for July

July
July 1-3: Governor Duties/Rest
July 4: July 4th BBQ and Celebration in Montpelier
July 10-16: Barnstorm Rural Iowa, stops with Elise Stefanik, Adam Kizinger, and John Katko
July 16-20: Governor Duties
July 20: Major Rally in Grand Forks North Dakota with Adam Kizinger
July 21: Door knock in Nashua with Charlie Baker
July 22: Hike to Beaver Lake in Kinsman Notch (White Mountains) with Governor Chris Sununu, stream on Facebook and Instagram Live, Tour Local Towns
July 23: Meet with Young Republicans Chapter of the UVA
July 24: Accept Representative Eddie Edward's endorsement in Portsmouth
July 25-30: Governor Duties
July 31: Personally Open Campaign Office in Sioux City

Phil Scott Remarks at Agriculture Roundtable in Fort Dodge Iowa

(Major Excerpt, July 12 )

We have to talk more about farmers in public policy. Now thankfully, the Farm Bill is one example where Washington can get its act together. They get down to business, and pass a bipartisan bill that helps farmers everywhere. But we can see out here, is that it isn't doing the whole job. Farm incomes are down here in Iowa and nationwide. We have big out of state companies driving Iowa family farms out of business. I see it happen in Vermont, Elise sees it happen in upstate New York. We have to recognize the plight of farmers in this country. I think what Joe said is very important as well, we don't need the government to run farmers lives or to mess with the way things are done, but still have a responsibility to do something. Farmers are the backbone of this country, they've everywhere. They're in Vermont, they're in Iowa, we have an obligation to do something. I think we first have to look at the subsidies, where are they headed. Are we handing out stuffed contracts to big out of state corporations that drive people like Joe out of business, or are we distributing these subsidies to people.

We need to cut taxes for Iowa farmers, make things more affordable. That was my promise as Governor, stop rising fees and put money in peoples pockets again. We can do that for Iowans. But we also have to consider disaster insurance. I believe that when we have these winter storms or other natural disasters, when crop fields are wiped out. I believe the government should have a role, too often hard working, good people, get ripped off by out of state insurers. I think an emergency fund, should be provided for farmers. It's time for the government, for Washington to step up, Elise sees this first hand. The politics of now, won't work, hasn't worked. It's time for new leadership, I hope to be that leader. To shake things up.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 08:40:17 PM »

Opening Statement
To start, I want to thank the University of North Dakota for hosting this debate, I'm excited to be here, and I think we're going to have a great discussion of the issues. I'm very happy to also have meet with the Young Republicans Chapter at this University, and I met with Senator Hoeven earlier today. 

My name is Phil Scott, I grew up in Berry Vermont, a blue collar town my Mom and Dad my great life for me and my brothers, my Dad was a truck driver my trade before he went into World War Two, he was in a wheelchair, he was a double amputee. He'd play catch with us, mow the lawn with us, take off for work. It was part of our normal life. My Dad passed away when I was 11. I reflect now on how difficult that must have been, how my Mom was and how she had to be strong. Overnight she becomes a single Mom with 3 rather rambunctious boys. She's a very special person, she comes from very independent roots herself. I had a very strong family, and both sides. My Aunt Mary was the first selectwoman elected in Vermont.

But this all gave me a deep appreciation for living in Vermont. For those that choose to live here, and those born here. Vermonters are independent, resourceful, and compassionate. But these values are American values. Truly American. It's about being a public servant, it's really important to listen. I've made my whole political career on that. My ability to bring people together, consensus building, and to connect with people. Listening to people, listening to their concerns is half the battle. Because many Americans get frustrated when they feel nobody hears them. Trust and Integrity are very important, I believe that is so important to America. So I'm running for President to bring these values to Washington, because years of dysfunction and gridlock haven't worked for Americans. I believe we can do better, that's why I'm running, because it's time for new leadership, because Americans deserve action, trust, integrity, and public service in government. Thank you.

Question Answer
I do Megyn, in every state we've been, too, we've talked about farmers. But I've been talking about farmers for my entire political career. Or really my whole life, Vermont is a farm start, my neighbors are farmers, my friends are farmers, my Lieutenant Governor is a farmer, and as Governor agricultural issues have always been at the top of my desk. I'm honored to be endorsed by the North Dakota Farm Bureau. I fine group of people out there representing farmers, fighting for them, and bringing agricultural issues to the forefront. I think that the focus of my campaign is broad, it's about integrity, trust, bridging the partisan divide. I have a lot of policies I want to put on the table, a massive infrastructure investment, new tax cuts for farmers and small businesses, reducing the deficit by cutting down on waste, fraud, and abuse like in Vermont and in New Hampshire.

But one of biggest agricultural issues I've raised is the plight of the small town farmer. Being driven out the market by bigger companies often with synthetic products, when I toured rural Iowa this month I spoke to many of those affected. And we all agreed, the status quo isn't working. Washington isn't working. We have to do better. We can't do it in the same partisan way, we have to reach across the aisle, listen to each other. That's what I'm running to do.

Closing Statement
This election is about you the people of this great country. It's about our shared future, our children and grandchildren. I believe the in order to create the best possible future for our kids, in order to set an example for our kids we have to do something different. We need to listen to each other, work together, rise above our partisan differences. My campaign is about a movement of people committed to a better future, a future where we put citizenship and country before politics and party. That's how we'll reduce the deficit, that's how we'll create a more prosperous future, and that's how we'll create a more perfect Union, where we respect the dignity of every person, and we preserve the great ideas of liberty and equality. I hope to see that future with all of you, thank you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 05:41:07 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 08:35:14 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President Ad #4: For our Country

To air in New Hampshire, Iowa, North Dakota, and Virginia

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 10:25:52 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 10:48:43 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for August

July
August 1-10: Governor Duties/Rest
August 11: Major Rally with Charlie Baker in Manchester New Hampshire
August 12: Town Hall with Bill Weld in Boston Massachusetts
August 13-17: Barnstorm New Hampshire, open campaign offices in Fargo and Gran Forks
August 18: Door knock in Sioux City Iowa
August 19-24: Governor Duties/Rest
August 25: Town Hall with Representative Eddie Edwards in Portsmouth
August 26: Speak at Politics & Eggs at St Anselms
August 27: Town Hall in Keene with Elise Stefanik: Speak to the New Hampshire Farm Bureau
August 28-30: Tour the Atlantic Coast of South Carolina
August 31: Major Rally in Norfolk with Representative Scott Taylor

Phil Scott Remarks Town Hall in Boston

Audience Town Hall Question: Hello Governor, my name is Hank, and I work in a local small business. I believe in low taxes, and small government. What can you say to some voters who feel you're too liberal for the Republican Party?

Governor Weld:
Well-

Governor Scott:
Bill if you don't mind. I agree Hank. Vermont, where I serve as Governor is a state where we value individualism, we value the common man, and we don't think that government should be in the way of the future and the drive of an individual like you and me. We don't need someone in government to tell us what our future is, I certainly didn't. But I still believe that government serves a purpose, we need able social services to care for the most vulnerable, I believe what we do need is not an unresponsive, overstuffed government. But a transparent, responsive, trustworthy and able government. I believe people get frustrated when they feel government doesn't listen to them. I want to change that.

When it comes to taxes I agree, I had to veto several tax increases as Governor. I don't like the veto, but after 8 years of a state administration which made tax increases state policy, I thought the proposals were wrong for my state.  I still think that.

When it comes to being a liberal, as some as said. Well, that's just a desperate attack to distract from the real issues facing this country. I am socially more moderate, I don't believe that government should be in the lives of everyday people, that's how we do it in Vermont, I think many Americans agree. But ultimately, I believe that compromise is not a dirty word. We have entire legions of Republicans who reject compromise and management in favor of grandstanding and politics. I think we can do better, we have to start by bridging the partisan divide to get things done for ordinary people. We have to change Washington.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 09:11:00 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2019, 10:37:02 PM by KaiserDave »

Opening Statement
Well, first I'd like to thank the University, it's great to be out here in Texas. We got lots of independent minded, great people out here. I was happy to meet with the Young Republicans chapter here, and I spoke with many people outside the hall, and there was a great group of enthusiastic supporters out there. Hello! (Waves to group in the crowd) Today I hope to have a great discussion of the issues facing this country, a civil discussion I hope, and I look forward to talking about the issues facing this country. Senator Murkowski, Representative Amash, and Senator Santorum and I may have different positions on issues, and we may agree, but we all love this country. And I think we'll have a great conversation tonight. Thank you.

Question Answer

I welcome that question Megyn, I think it's an important one. I think the fiscal health of this nation is crucial. In Vermont I worked to balance every budget, and we have the strongest credit rating in the region. I believe we can duplicate it on the national scale. Ultimately my infrastructure plan saves money, it makes money. It grows our economy, fixing our economy starts at the local level. When a local road once collapsed in on itself is rebuilt, when commerce is opened up. That grows the local economy, and that expands. I see it in Vermont, when we invest in local communities, the growth is everywhere. We have to think about the long term here. We need to be responsible, we can't go on like this. My plan has been vetted by economists, and leading thinkers on the issue, international groups have looked at similar plans, it grows the economy. In the short term, we'll need some spending increases, which is why my plan is more gradual than some other proposals. But ultimately this grows local, state, and the American economy. And we won't need major tax increases to pay for it, I vetoed many tax increases in Vermont, we needed to make the state more affordable, but we still invested in the things that mattered. Clean water, schools, infrastructure. We can do that in Washington too, but we need to shake it up.

Closing Statement
I want to thank the moderators, and the University. We've had a great discussion, and I'm very happy about that. As this campaign progresses, we have a big decision to make. The politics of Washington isn't working. We need to start putting people before politics, that's how we'll get things done. We must listen to each other, we must bridge the divide in Washington. Once we do that the possibilities are immense, we can improve our schools, reform the tax system to make it fairer and simpler, better for the Middle Class. We can invest in infrastructure, stand up for human rights and American values abroad, and put people first. Thank you Texas and good night!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 05:18:48 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2019, 05:22:33 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for September and October

September
September 1-12: Governor Duties/Rest
September 13: Roundtable Discussion on Education with Larry Hogan in Baltimore
September 14-18: Barnstorm Rural North Dakota, Speak to ND Farm Bureau
September 19: Speak Near Fargo Headquarters of the North Dakota Air National Guard
September 20: Door Knock in Grand Forks North Dakota with Kristi Noem
September 21: Major Rally with Kristi Noem in Grand Forks
September 22-28: Governor Duties/Rest
September 28-30: Do Local Radio and TV in New Hampshire, Door knock in Manchester
October
October 1: Major Rally with Elise Stefanik in Watertown New York
October 2: Major Rally in Galesburg Illinois with Adam Kizinger
October 3: Economy Roundtable in Gary Indiana, CNN Televised Town Hall
October 4-10: Barnstorm Rural Iowa with Elise Stefanik and Charlie Baker, Open Dubuque Campaign Office
October 11-17: Governor Duties
October 18-25: Barnstorm the Rio Grande Valley, Discuss Agriculture Issues
October 25-31: Governor Duties

Phil Scott Speech at Fargo Air Base, Major Excerpt

(Fargo, North Dakota, September 19)

Our national defense should be the top priority of any President. As Commander in Chief, you have a responsibility to every American. But you also have an obligation to you, the service men and women of the United States. As I ate lunch with all of you here today, I was honored to learn about your stories, your families, and your hopes for the future. And as I did that I learned something else. That we got human lives here, whole families like any other. And the Commander in Chief needs to understand that. We must use the United States Armed Forces, the most powerful in the world, not in a way that places our men and women in danger for no good reason. We can't put our families on the line to support foreign dictatorships like Saudi Arabia. We need to stand up for human rights, for American values of freedom and democracy. It's time we stand up for our servicemen and women like all our citizens. We gotta work with our allies to deter aggression and keep the peace, but when we gotta keep our men ad some at home, we'll do that. We want to be able to make a promise to every service men and women's family, we will bring them home.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »

NH Chamber of Commerce Ad:

To air in New Hampshire

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 07:34:01 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 07:38:24 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for November and December

November
November 1-10: "10 County Tour" of New Hampshire, One Day in Every County with Stops with Eddie Edwards and Chris Sununu
November 11: Tour Boston with Bill Weld and Charlie Baker
November 12-20: Governor Duties/Rest
November 21-27: Barnstorm Rural North Dakota with Kristi Noem
November 28-30: Barnstorm Eastern Iowa (Davenport, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids)
December
December 1: Ski with Governor Chris Sununu at Stowe Vermont, GoPro and Stream it
Demember 2: Governor Duties/Meet with Premier of Quebec
December 3-10: Governor Duties
December 11-21: 10 County Tour of New Hampshire 2.0, Stops with Chris Sununu, Eddie Edwards, and Charlie Baker
December 22: Major Rally in Concord with Jim Douglas
December 22-26: Rest/Christmas with Scott-McTeague Family
December 27-30: Tour South Eastern Virginia with Scott Taylor, Major Rally in Alexandria Virginia
December 31: New Year's Eve with Scott-McTeague Family

Chris Sununu Speaks to Crowd in Manchester

(Manchester, New Hampshire November 3)

Governor Phil Scott is truly the right man to lead this country. I know he can really bridge the partisan divide, not just because he did it in Vermont, to balance budgets, create jobs. But because I know Phil Scott, I've worked with Phil Scott. This is a man who puts every once of effort into every problem. Large or small. Whether it's making sure that the state was affordable, and that people could live in Vermont. Or getting the roads cleared in a massive Vermont blizzard.

In Vermont, everyone is part of a community. People can work together, we do this in New Hampshire too. We work together, not just in politics, but in sports, in our communities. Washington can't seem to put 2 and 2 together when it comes to the policies and the decisions we need. Phil can do that in Washington. He can truly work to make this country whole again. We have a unique opportunity to mend the partisan rift that has been opening for decades, we can rebuild compromise in government. We can make our tax system more fair, invest in our infrastructure, reduce the debt. I believe we can do this with Phil Scott, when we start to put people and policies before politics and division. I believe in Phil Scott! I hope you do too!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 10:12:51 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2019, 11:48:01 AM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for January and February

January
January 1-9: Governor Duties/Rest
January 10: Meet with Governors Sununu, Baker, Raimondo, and Lamont on regional issues
January 11: Fox News Town Hall with Nashua Voters
January 12-19: Barnstorm Iowa, East to West with Todd Young
January 20-27: Governor Duties/Rest (Attend Jimmy Carter funeral)
January 28-31: Rally with former Representative Joe Heck in Las Vegas
February UNTIL IOWA
February 1: Door knock in Iowa City, Drive to Cedar Rapids, stopping on the way for meet and greets
February 2: Barnstorm Rural Iowa, Meet with voters in local roadstops with Pete Stauber
February 3: Canvass in Des Moines, Final Rally with Larry Hogan and Elise Stefanik, hold Iowa Election Night Party

Elise Stefanik Speech in Des Moines

(Des Moines, Iowa February 3)

I've gotten to learn Phil Scott over the course of this year. This is a man who listens. He sees the job of a public servant is to listen to you the people, and then go back to Washington and fight like hell, and work with everyone to get the stuff you asked for done. He's not one of those brash and reckless types who makes a big storm ranting on and on for some special interest cash. He's the type of leader who goes out here to Iowa to listen to the people, and then he goes back to Washington, gets those politicians to the table, and brings home the bacon! The bacon, the fairer tax code for middle class families, more money for our roads and bridges, and a government, a congress, that works for us!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »

Phil Scott Speech on Passing of President Carter

I was deeply hurt and saddened by the passing of President Carter. This was first a kind and gentle man. He was a man who loved his family, a man who loved people, a man who loved living. He was a son of Georgia, and made his life there. This is a man who rose from being a peanut farmer to the highest office in the land, who ran not on politics of division, but on politics of kindness, love, and respect. A man of faith in God, an in humanity, I believe, regardless of politics, that President Carter is someone for all Americans to look up to. I am deeply saddened, and heart by the loss of this American hero.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »

Phil Scott Ad #5: Trust

To air in Iowa, South Carolina, and New Hampshire

(Jackson, Iowa Voter)

"When Phil sat down with me to discuss my small business, I know he was talking the truth, because he owned a small business."

(Jennifer, New Hampshire voter)

When Phil talked about keeping our families safe, I know he means it, cause he has his own kids, and keeps Vermont safe.

(Addison, South Carolina voter)

Governor Scott is the first politician to come around here that I really trust with the future.

Hi, I'm Phil Scott, we must restore trust and accountability in government, too many people no longer trust our government. I want to change that, then we can get to work on the issues that matter. I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »

Yay
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies