The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:51:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35963 times)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
« edited: March 27, 2019, 04:30:26 PM by Barron »

Organizational Support

National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples

The NAACP ran an extensive field campaign, using volunteers of their own, across the state to support Senator Brown using their influence and size to target African-American voters statewide, helping bring them to Brown's fold, focusing on the issues of prison reform, criminal justice reform, and infrastructure investments. They also made around on local media circuits, as well delivering press releases of their own, to promote Senator Brown's reputation as a fighter for African-American families while lambasting John Kerry for being "out of touch with African-American issues," citing his rich upbringing and supporting Republican attempts to gut welfare in 1996.

Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence

While not boasting a large volunteer force or particularly large influence, the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence used their organization to wage a media campaign in the urban areas of South Carolina, in particular Charleston, Greenville, and Columbia, to name Sherrod Brown as the top candidate for gun control. They cited Sherrod Brown's vote to ban assault weapons and other gun control measures, using their status as a gun control organization to express Brown's commitment to "getting assault weapons off the street" and "putting an end to gun violence."

National Education Association

The National Education Association made targets out of boosting Sherrod's name as an education reform advocate on the local media circuits and running a large field campaign in the rural areas of South Carolina, where they have a much stronger presence, to canvass and target African-American moms and teachers on issues like increasing teacher pay, investing in safe roads and bridges, and ensuring every child has access to education with strong educational investments.

United Auto Workers

The United Auto Workers spent a decent amount of time using their influence among auto workers to promote Senator Brown as the best candidate for factory workers, citing endorsements by the AFL-CIO and other major unions, holding several meetings with prominent UAW representatives and publishing several press releases in an effort to promote Brown's reputation as a fighter for the middle class and rejected the idea that John Kerry was in touch with workers, in fact pushing the opposite message, that Kerry 'was far out of touch with workers.'

VoteVets.org

An organization mostly dedicated on one demographic, VoteVets.org used their influence as the largest pro-veteran organization to peal off veterans from Kerry's fold, instead boasting Brown's 'phenomenal record' on Veteran's issues in press releases and openly said to the press that Sherrod Brown 'fights like hell for workers, fights like hell for African-Americans, and certainly fights like hell for veterans too.' While Kerry has a fairly strong base among veterans, VoteVets hoped to break into that demographic.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2019, 05:43:07 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

'We're in it for the long run' Sherrod Brown declares victory in South Carolina.

Thank you, South Carolina! Thank you!

Thank you, Connie Schultz, for being the best wife in the world. Just a few weeks ago, we witnessed the people of Iowa send a profound message to the political and economic establishment, but there were those who doubted this country's desire to take the mantle of rebuilding America. They said Iowa was a fluke; that it was a 'one-hit wonder,' not to be repeated again. Tonight, the cynics who believed that what began in the cold, snowy fields of Iowa was just an illusion were told a different story by the hard-working people of South Carolina. Tonight, a grassroots coalition of hard-working men and women have proven that we're in it for the long run.

After five great contests across this country, we have the most votes, the most delegates, and one of the largest grassroots movements that we've seen in a long, long time. You can see it in the union worker from Columbia who works 40 hours a week to provide for their family and wants a movement to stand up for a $15 minimum wage and worker's rights; or the African-American mom living in poverty-stricken, rural South Carolina who works at a local grocery store with grueling hours and menial pay and wants a movement to fight for good-paying jobs over mass incarceration; or the young student going to college in Greensville overwhelmed with the cost of tuition and the burden of student and wants a movement to tackle both, unapologetically. They have all joined us in our message to Washington that we are ready to rebuild America.

As contentious as this campaign may get, we have to remember that we are competing for the Democratic nomination, and that we all share a binding desire to wipe away the disastrous policies of President Romney's administration. But there are most definitely differences between the candidates. We are looking for more than a change of what party the President is. We are seeking to unleash an era of economic and racial justice and end the status quo in Washington D.C. We are seeking to end Wall Street's influence over our government and rebuild American democracy. We're seeking to rebuild America.

In a mere 3 days, we will take this movement from South Carolina to several other contests across this country. It certainly won't be easy, but we never embark on journeys without the chance to have setbacks. We'll send our movement nationwide on Super Tuesday; that we want to rebuild our America that works for all of us, not just a rich few. We will send that message that has built this campaign to strong finishes in all of the five primary states to the next several. Thank you, South Carolina, and good night.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2019, 10:33:32 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

March 1st. The morning after the South Carolina primary, Sherrod Brown takes a flight to Birmingham, Alabama. During the flight, Brown holds a conference call with top advisers and campaign staff to discuss "beginning a new phase of the campaign," where the delegate totals and vote margins "really begin to take hold." When he arrives, Brown holds an early morning press conference, where he announced a 24-hour, online fundraising money-bomb, announcing a goal of $9,000,000, emphasizing the necessity to "send a message to Wall Street; we don't need their cash" and "shatter records and go into Super Tuesday strong." After the press conference, Senator Brown met with social media organizers to coordinate and manage a vigorous media campaign, focusing on the issues of a $15 minimum wage, money in politics, and wall street reform, urging voters to donate "$15 for a $15 minimum wage" among several other slogans.

Following the announcement, the Brown Campaign held a rally in Birmingham with Congressman John Lewis, using it as a platform to lay out policies to end mass incarceration and raise wages, and lamented Alabama lawmakers for "blatant gerrymandering and voter suppression" to "shift the game in their favor," promising to "ensure accurate representation for African-Americans." Joined by Congressman John Lewis, he emphasized Brown's "commitment to civil rights" and blasted John Kerry for "being out-of-touch" with Alabama's African-American community, pointing to his vote for "so-called welfare reform" and "disastrous mandatory minimums," which, Lewis said, "has disenfranchised and burdened so many impoverished families and communities."

Brown, then, catches a flight to Alaska to hold a late campaign rally in Anchorage, where he's joined by Governor Jay Inslee. At the rally, Sherrod pitched his plans to expand rural broadband and heavily invest in rural infrastructure to strengthen local markets and Alaska's fishing industry. Governor Inslee conveyed Brown's plan to "conserve our national treasures" with strong protections for forests and rivers "because it's the only planet we've got," touting Brown's work in the Senate to protect the great lakes.

March 2nd. Senator Brown catches an early flight to San Francisco from Anchorage. During the flight, Brown took to social media to announce totals from yesterday's money-bomb fundraising haul and promised to use some of it to "get out the vote nationwide." On arrival, Sherrod Brown meets up with Senator Feinstein to make a campaign appearance, attended by press, where Senator Brown slammed Alex Sink for refusing to support marriage equality in 2010, instead "only supporting the half measure of civil unions." Dianne Feinstein commented that "we don't need just a switch in party of the President, we need a President who will reliably fight for LGBT individuals," touting Brown's vote against DOMA, and urging voters to "back a candidate who's ready to take an independent stand to protect LGBT people, regardless of what the media tells him what's practical." During the appearance, Brown also called to pass the Equality Act and federally recognize Pride Month.

After the appearance, the Brown Campaign held two rallies in San Francisco and Los Angeles, where he was joined by Kevin De Leon and Barbara Boxer. At the rally, Brown pledged that he would be "beholden to no corporation" as President and thanking small donors for "keeping the campaign afloat" while being "the only campaign to reject Wall Street's campaign cash," and urging voters to "stick it to special interests" in the primary tomorrow. Hammering on a $15 minimum wage, Senator Brown promised to "fight like hell for workers of all origin, race or creed" to ensure "everyone working 40 hours a week is paid a livable wage." His surrogates laid out Brown's immigration reform policy to "ensure all working families have access to a path to citizenship" while "cracking down on corporations who abuse undocumented immigrants." The main theme of the night was "creating a political revolution and revitalizing American democracy."

As the sun began to set, Senator Brown made time for a sit-down interview on MSNBC, using it to make a final impression on watchers. Asked about the central message of his campaign, Sherrod Brown claimed that it was about "the working family in San Francisco or Los Angeles who makes it paycheck to paycheck," saying that "this movement is about fighting for the people who make this country work, working families" pitching his plans to raise wages. Following the interview, Senator Brown, then, met with top campaign staff and advisers to coordinate an extensive social media and grassroots GOTV campaign across every Super Tuesday state, making calls with top surrogates and state directors in each of the Super Tuesday states to discuss GOTV plans.

March 3rd. Connie Schultz flew in from Wyoming, where she had been stumping on Brown's behalf, in the morning to join Senator Brown in delivering a pep talk to campaign volunteers, stressing the "critical nature" of a "massive upset" in the California primary, while reminding volunteers that the campaign "is about taking this country back for the middle class" and "ending the hold of Wall Street over our economy and democracy." Afterwards, Senator Brown and Connie Schultz traversed the state of California by traveling to several major cities in California to hold several GOTV speeches, asking voters to "send a message to big money interests," that "we want a living minimum wage; we want paid leave; we want wall street reform; we want money out of politics."

As the evening encroached, the Brown Campaign sent a mass reminder to voters through social media and other forms of communication to vote and, if you are in line, you are required to be allowed to vote. Senator Brown, along with Connie Schultz, drove to a venue to watch Super Tuesday results come in with campaign staff and top campaign officials. Once the results for every Super Tuesday state became clear, Sherrod Brown drove to the election night rally in Los Angeles to address supporters.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2019, 10:09:55 PM »

Sherrod Brown Unveils Major California Endorsements

Senator Dianne Feinstein

"Senator Brown has been a strong, unapologetic ally of social progressivism throughout his entire career, ranging from a 100% pro-choice rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, to being one of the few to vote against the so-called Defense of Marriage Act in 1990s, and being a long-standing advocate for common-sense gun control measures to end gun violence. I've found in him a practical, successful legislator in the Senate while being able to take an independent stand for women and LGBT rights. As a colleague of him who has worked with him since he arrived in the Senate in 2006, I trust him to take that fight to the White House and represent California's progressive values."

State Senator Kevin De Leon

"Let me join my former opponent, Senator Feinstein, whom I have many disagreements with, in endorsing Senator Sherrod Brown for President of the United States. His campaign has shown a commitment to comprehensive immigration reform that allows the American dream to be accessed by all of us who dream of it. I am glad to embrace a movement that puts issues such as $15 minimum wage, single-payer healthcare, wall street reform, and campaign finance reform at the forefront to unleash an era of economic and racial justice where hard-working families benefit the most. Sherrod Brown's progressive vision and record speaks for itself; he is the only candidate who rejects Wall Street money and is ready to fight like hell for all of us."

Senator Barbara Boxer

"During my time in the Senate, Sherrod Brown was one of my closest friends and allies in Congress, next to my friend Dianne who has also joined me in endorsing Senator Brown. Sherrod Brown's time in the Senate has been apart of his never-ending fight for working people, whether it be being among the few to vote against the Iraq War, leading the fight against job-killing trade agreements, or being one of the staunchest allies of organized labor. We need a president who embodies those bold, progressive values; I'm certain the people of California understand that too."

adamevans
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Stompa.

"People, working every night and day"

"Never give yourself no time"

"Got too many bills to pay"

"Slow down, nothing's gonna disappear"

"If you give yourself some room, to move to the music you hear"

"Gotta get up"

"Listen to me"

"Clappa your hands"

"Stompa your feet"

"Stompa your feet"

"I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message"

Aired in California, Wyoming, Alaska, Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Vermont, Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, and Louisiana
adamevans
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Dignity.

- ad opens with various clips of big banks, corporate executives -

Sherrod Brown: For the past 40 years, Wall Street has been allowed to crash the economy and cause massive financial panic; big business has been allowed to crush the dignity in labor and cause an unprecedented period of wage stagnation; big pharmaceutical companies have been allowed to rip off consumers by jacking up prices and fueling an opioid epidemic at the cost of our communities. And even worse, politicians have continued to be bought out by these same companies and do the bidding of their donors at the cost of all of us.

Sherrod Brown: I'm Sherrod Brown. For the past 30 years, I've rejected Wall Street's money and I've led the fight in Congress for workers over corporate executives. My campaign is powered by small donors; people like you who are tired of Wall Street's ripping off of the American worker.

- scene shifts to various clips of Brown alongside workers -

Sherrod Brown: My plan:

Rein in Wall St. Power & Close Tax Loopholes

Tackle Big Money's Influence in Politics

Provide Workers with Living Wages & Paid Family Leave

Create Millions of Jobs by Reinvesting in Crucial Infrastructure

- scene shifts back to Brown talking to camera -

Because we can't restore the dignity in all work until we have a President who works for all of us, not just Wall Street.

I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message.

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, California, North Dakota, and Nevada

Reaired in all Super Tuesday states + Louisiana, Kansas, Michigan, Hawaii, Ohio
adamevans
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Respect. Equality.

- ad opens with various scenes of pride parades, lgbt couples talking to camera -

"It's about respect."

"It's about equality."

"It's about having the freedom to love or marry who you want."

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

"Sherrod Brown knew that."

"He understood that."

"That's why he stood up for us in Congress and voted against attempts to ban same-sex marriage."

"Because our dignity came before him."

"But Alex Sink, she didn't"

"When push came to shove in 2010, she didn't back marriage equality."

"I don't think we can have a nominee who doesn't have the track record of fighting for our community like Senator Brown does."

- scene cuts back to lgbt couples talking to camera -

"Because we need a President who we know will fight for the LGBT community and progressive values."

"Alex Sink didn't then, how can we trust her now?"

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown for President logo and legal information -

VO: I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message

Aired in California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and New York
adamevans
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2019, 08:30:57 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2019, 10:56:32 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Sherrod Brown addresses supporters on Super Tuesday: "Our time has come."

Delivered at 10:30 PM PT

Thank you so much! Thank you!

Let me thank Connie Schultz so much for joining me across this country to build a movement of ordinary working families who want to rebuild America's middle class and to make certain that our children and grandchildren have a country where they prosper. She has been so supportive of this campaign and I could not ask for a better best friend and wife. While not all of the results have come in, it looks like we are in a virtual tie in the state of California.

But even though the final results are not in, there is one thing we do not need them to know: Our time has come. Our movement is real. We are ready to rebuild America. Hundreds of miles across this country, in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio, we proclaimed the beginning of this movement to once again make America's middle class the highest in prosperity and growth. What began as an unlikely bid to change Washington and take on Wall Street swept the cornfields and cities of Iowa, South Carolina, and now, Wyoming, Oklahoma, and Vermont, where ordinary working families of all ages, races, and incomes stood up in numbers we have never seen before.

They stood up because they saw the corruption of Washington D.C. They saw stagnant wages and rampant student loan debt while the cost of tuition, healthcare, and basic necessities rise. They saw the decline of the labor movement and jobs shift overseas. They saw endless regime change wars that spent trillions of our taxpayer dollars overseas. And they stood up and said that enough is enough. It is time to take the mantle of rebuilding America and build a country where the middle class isn't scraping by paycheck to paycheck. This year, this time, this moment, that is when we take back this country for the middle class rather than a wealthy few.

And today, on this Tuesday in March, in states North and South, East and West, what began as a whisper in the factory town of Mansfield has swelled to a chorus of millions who want real change from the status quo. It's a chorus that can no longer be ignored or deterred. It's because this campaign is different, not because me, because of you. Because people like you have donated millions collectively in one of the largest grassroots campaign in this countries history; you have stood up and demanded a minimum wage that you can live on; you have stood up and demanded that every hard-working family has access to healthcare, childcare, and a union in the workplace; you stood up and demanded that Washington work for us, not Wall Street and their lobbyists. Because so many of you have put your voice into this movement. You are what makes this movement different.

Let me take this moment to thank voters in Vermont, Oklahoma, and Wyoming for already delivering us victories in those states. Let me thank our voters in all the rest of the states and let me thank Governor Alex Sink and Senator John Kerry for waging a passionate, issue-oriented campaign. I congratulate them on their victories tonight. And while I have deep respect for them and still will after this campaign, there is a real choice this spring. It's a choice to cement the Democratic party as the party of the people with a grassroots campaign funded by hundreds of thousands, not the party of Wall Street. It's a choice between real campaign finance reform and real independence from Washington's corporate lobbyists and sticking with corporate PACs and ultra-rich funded campaigns. A party where we put issues like a $15 minimum wage, fair trade, worker's rights, equal pay, and real progressive action at the forefront.

As Martin Luther King once said, "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability." And we've built this movement because real change doesn't take place on the guise of inevitability. Social security, medicare, labor laws, and civil rights; they didn't happen because it was 'inevitable,' they happened because working families organized, in union halls and church basements, to make our society fairer for all and to strengthen the middle class. And, tonight, people sent the entire country that message once again. You've showed up in droves to register. You showed up in droves to vote in several different states tonight. And just a few days ago, you sent the world a message, especially Wall Street, when we made history, pulling in the largest 24-hour fundraising haul in electoral history of more than $9 million with tens of thousands of individual donors.

We know that we have seen something happen over the last several weeks, over the past several months. We know that what began as a whisper has now swelled to a chorus that cannot be ignored that will not be deterred, that will ring out across this land as a hymn that will rebuild this nation. Whatever the results are tomorrow morning, we know that this movement is far from over. The coalition of working families we have formed is real and we are ready to take it to the other 39 contests across the country.

Let's get to work. Thank you, Los Angeles. Good night.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:38 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Roots

"He grew up in the factory town of Mansfield"

"His father was a doctor who treated everyone, whether they could pay or not."

"An activist at an early age, organizing his city's first Earth Day parade and protesting the Vietnam War."

"After college, he came home, started a family."

"Then elected to the state house, he spent his days listening to the economic worries of his local
steelworkers rather than taking the conventional path of wooing big donors."

"Through it all, he's never forgotten his roots."

"He led the fight against trade agreements that ship good-paying jobs overseas."

"He fought pharmaceutical companies when they tried to rip off American consumers."

"He's led the charge to reform wall street and crack down on predatory practices."

"He's fighting for working families and middle class paychecks."

VO: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message. It's time to put the middle class first."

Aired in Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Washington and Oregon
adamevans
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2019, 08:12:22 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Hard Work.

- ad opens with various scenes of factory workers -

"Night and day, they work hard making the best steel and aluminum appliances in the world,"

- scene cuts to closed factory -

"But the GM facility they use to work at is now operating overseas where they pay their workers $3 or $4 dollars a day."

- Brown talking directly to camera -

"John Kerry supported the trade agreements that shipped these good-paying jobs overseas. He says it would be a 'terrible mistake' to not pass them. I say that's wrong. I'm proud to say I voted against each of these agreements that lowered wages and costed countless jobs.

- scene cuts to Brown alongside workers -

My plan:

Renegotiate NAFTA, CAFTA, ACMTBA

Reinvigorate the Labor Movement & Repeal Taft-Hartley

Crack Down on China Cheating & Address Trade Deficits

Withdraw from the Anti-Worker TPP

- scene cuts back to Brown talking to camera -

Because it's time to stand up and fight for the hard work of American workers.

That's why I approve this message."

Aired in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, New York, and Pennsylvania
adamevans
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 08:14:13 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 08:22:25 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Epidemic.

- ad opens with Brown at March For Our Lives rally -

"I'm marching today for my grandchildren. I'm marching for students and educators. I'm marching for gun violence survivors. I'm marching for those who lives were taken too soon. I'm marching for the 90 Americans who are victims every day to America's gun violence epidemic. I'm marching for the countless, young African-Americans who's lives are taken by urban gun violence. I'm marching for the mothers and fathers in Chicago, Cleveland, and Cincinnati who have seen their sons and daughters lives cut short by an epidemic of violence that is ignored by our elected officials."

"I'm marching with them because the gun lobby refuses to pass common-sense measures to reduce gun violence. I'm marching with them because special interests have spent millions to destroy people who took a stand for it. I'm marching with them because they refuse to back measures like universal background checks, bump stock bans, and getting dangerous assault weapons off the streets: measures that are supported by the vast majority of Americans."

Endorsed by the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence

Voiceover: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Illinois, Georgia, Florida, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey

(these extra ads are to make up for no ads posted in last week's turn)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 08:24:31 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: The Dream.

John Lewis: I saw racial discrimination as a young child. I saw those signs that said 'White Men, Colored Men, White Women, Colored Women'. ...I remember as a young child with some of my brothers and sisters and first cousins going down to the public library trying to get library cards, trying to check some books out, and we were told by the librarian that the library was for whites only and not for 'coloreds'.

- scene shifts to clips of Lewis's mug shot, pictures with MLK Jr., etc -

John Lewis: I lived segregation. I breathed segregation. I was alongside MLK, I knew his dream. And... you know, his dream is not finished. His dream wasn't just civil rights and equal protection, it was that all labor would be rewarded with dignity. All labor, even if they're not in the big jobs or professional jobs.

John Lewis: I'm supporting Sherrod Brown because he's the candidate who understands that. He's not beholden himself to some special interest on Wall Street. Senator Brown has always held himself as an advocate of civil rights, he's taken a bold stand against mass incarceration and voter suppression, even when it wasn't popular, and I think you really know who someone is when they stand for something when it doesn't benefit them. Senator Brown really is the candidate who best represents MLK's dream.

- scene shifts to MLK speech in Memphis, during Sanitation Workers strike -

MLK Excerpt: "...We overlook the work and the significance of those who are not in professional jobs; of those who are not in the so-called 'big jobs.' But let me say to you tonight that whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth..."

Voiceover: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama

Reaired in Georgia, Illinois, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania
adamevans
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »

Sherrod Brown Addresses Supporters, Declares Victory After Primaries

"What a night!

I don't think there were quite better results we could have gotten.

Tonight, after six, very crucial, primary contests in states across the country, it appears we have won in all of them but one. And tonight, it appears we've opened the largest delegate lead of the race yet. I'm so proud of the accomplishments we have made together. Tonight, we have sent perhaps the loudest message yet to the economic and political establishment in Washington D.C. We told them very loudly and clearly that America's middle class deserve elected officials that will stand up for them over wall street. We said no to trade deals that outsource countless jobs and we said no to a minimum wage that working people cannot live on. Tonight, you said to them that there is dignity in work.

Let me congratulate my competitors Senator John Kerry and Governor Alex Sink on their performances tonight. Let's continue to leap forward into this contest and remember that whatever happens, we are all candidates running for the democratic nomination. But make no mistake, there is a difference between the candidates; we are not seeking to just change the party of the President. We are seeking to make a fundamental change in how our country functions and overturn Washington's status quo. We are seeking to unleash an era of wage growth and rebuild America's middle class.

Let me thank voters in Hawaii, Idaho, Michigan, Missouri, and my home state of Ohio, for delivering us massive victories in such crucial states. You are all apart of this movement, and make no mistake this is a movement. This is our time and this is our moment to show Wall Street and Washington lobbyists that the American middle class are prepared to shake up the status quo and frame a government that works for them. Because we are certainly set on rebuilding the American middle class and once again making certain that it is the most prosperous in the world.

Together, we'll send this massive movement that has built a coalition of Americans from all stripes and creeds to the next primaries and beyon. Thank you, Detroit, and good night."

(a bit late but better late than never)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2019, 05:58:41 AM by Barron »

Campaign Schedule.

Constants
Always meet with volunteers, staff after primary victories
Always visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Democratic and non-partisan
Always try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. to connect with local voters
Always keep note of who is met, and bring them up in future speeches and debates
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is

Schedule:
March 11: New York
March 12: Pennsylvania
March 13: Georgia
March 14-16: Illinois
Primary Day: Chicago

New York (Mar. 11)
Hold major rally in New York City, with Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez
In New York City: Criticize Romney's wealthy tax cuts and call for $15 minimum wage
Hold meet & greets, town halls with local union halls
Emphasize wage growth, economic security, and repeal of Taft-Hartley
Target poorer areas of urban NYC in canvassing and phone-banking

"President Romney has continued to push reckless tax cuts for the wealthy that have driven up the deficit while not investing a dime in working class Americans. These reckless fiscal policies are almost certain to mean one thing: larger inequality and lower wages. My friend, Congresswoman Cortez, and I have been glad to lead the fight against these tax cut after tax cut for the wealthy and finally push for policies that help working families. It's time to reinvigorate America's labor union movement by repealing Taft-Hartley and raise wages with a $15 minimum wage. No more to tax cut after tax cut for the wealthiest in our economy."

Pennsylvania (Mar. 12)
Hold rally in Philadelphia, with Dwight Evans & Richard Trumka
Hold town halls & meet and greets at factories in industrial Pennsylvania
In Philadelphia: emphasize wage growth and call for criminal justice reform
Demographically, target urban African-Americans and union workers

"Sherrod Brown is the real deal; don't believe what John Kerry's ads are trying to say. Not only does he have my support, but he's consistently had support from average union workers in primary after primary. He began his career in the state legislature listening to the economic worries of steelworkers as opposed to wooing big donors who are bent on busting unions. John Kerry can't say the same; he's supported trade deal after trade deal that's screwed over average workers with poor labor and environmental standards and allowed China to gain an unfair advantage over American manufacturers. If I wasn't confident about Senator Brown, I wouldn't be endorsing him this early."

Georgia (Mar. 13)
Hold rally in Atlanta, with Stacey Abrams & John Lewis
Meet with African-American leaders in round-table discussions
In Atlanta: focus on middle class tax cuts & police reform, criticize Romney on police violence
Demographically, target African-American voters of all upbringings

Illinois (Mar. 14-16)
Hold rallies in Chicago, Peoria, and Rockford, with Tammy Duckworth & Michelle Obama
In Chicago, emphasize ending gun violence and $15 minimum wage
Run interviews on local talk radio stations, emphasizing wage growth and union rights
Hold town halls in union halls on his plan to repeal Taft-Hartley & renegotiate trade agreements
Across the state, talk about economic security and criticize Kerry on trade + criminal justice
Demographically, target WWC & African-American voters

"Let's be very clear: we must systemically end the era of mass incarceration, and we can't do that without a president who is willing to take a stand against it. We must eliminate private prisons, legalize marijuana and repeal mandatory minimum standards that are keeping people in this cycle of incarceration. It's unjust when we as the wealthiest country in the world spend ridiculous amounts of money incarcerating ridiculous amounts of people rather than investing in them having a good job or education. My friend John Kerry has been an ally on some issues in the Senate, but unfortunately, he joined Republicans in voting for the mandatory minimum standards that began this era of mass incarceration and have caused the disenfranchisement of African-American communities up here in Chicago."

Chicago (Primary Day)
Deliver early-morning pep talk to campaign volunteers
Hold stump speeches across Chicago with Michelle Obama
Focus on wage growth & criminal justice reform
Demographically focus GOTV efforts on WWC, African-American, and senior voters

adamevans
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2019, 01:46:26 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2019, 02:02:39 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Justice.

"I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message"

"Day after day, year after year, the U.S spends tens of billions incarcerating a quarter of the world's prison population, disproportionately African-American, and too often they're put in on non-violent crimes. One candidate stands to remove this system. Sherrod Brown."

"He's standing up against the private prison industry because he's calling to eliminate prisons for profit."

"He's standing up to invest in good jobs rather than tens of billions every year on incarceration."

"Endorsed by the NAACP and Civil Rights Leader John Lewis"

"He's standing up for rehabilitation over mass imprisonment."

"And what was John Kerry doing?"

"He was standing up for the same standards that put the system into place."

"He voted for the mandatory minimum standards, the death penalty;
even called for more prisons, even when we have 25% of the world's prison population."

"And yet he claims to be a champion of civil rights?"

"It's time for real criminal justice reform."

Aired in Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, and Chicago (exclusively)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »

Remarks from John Lewis in Georgia

My friend, Sherrod Brown, has been an ally of mine for some time; I'm sure you all remember when I had to separate with the governor to endorse my friend, Senator Brown. I endorsed him because I knew that he would stand up for civil rights and criminal justice reform; And as the brand suggests, he fights for the middle class. He's standing up to end mass incarceration. He's standing up against voter suppression. He's standing up for a $15 minimum wage because more than half of African-Americans are paid less than $15 minimum wage.

He is authentic in his fight for working families. He began public service meeting with the steelworkers in his district rather than taking a conventional path of wooing big donors. And the record shows: for all of his career, he's tackled special interests, the gun lobby, the insurance lobby, or the pharmaceutical lobby because he knows his roots. He says no to gun violence: that's why he's leading the fight for common-sense gun control measures. He says no to insurance and drug price hikes: that's why he wants to crack down on price gouging and make certain that every man, woman, and child have healthcare in this country. That's why he's not taking their money.

I urge my fellow people of Atlanta to stand up and go vote for Senator Brown. John Kerry wants to tell you that Senator Brown has no policies: that is blatantly false. On issue after issue, from criminal justice to healthcare, he's been at the front-lines proposing bold ideas to once again rebuild America and it's middle class. That is why I'm voting for Sherrod Brown.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 04:23:22 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2019, 04:34:52 PM by Barron »

Campaign Strategy

(this is just a mesh of surrogate schedules + organizational support)

Georgia

In Georgia, the Brown Campaign used it's most recognizable surrogates in the form of Stacey Abrams and John Lewis, major figures across the states, as well as a special appearance from President Obama with Governor Abrams. Among the campaign, African-Americans, particularly those in the middle and lower classes, was the heaviest targeted demographic. Abrams made the rounds in the black belt and Atlanta to expand on Brown's base among African-Americans and capitalize on the attacks against Kerry on criminal justice, marketing Brown as a fighter for African-American working families. John Lewis campaigned where he was known best, Atlanta, as he made a bid to turn the city out for Brown, using Brown's pro-worker and pro-criminal justice reform message to grasp poorer voters into the fold. As for organizational support, the Georgia NAACP became it's most powerful organization support chain, running an extensive field and media campaign across Georgia targeting African-American voters, focusing on criminal justice reform and voter empowerment.

Florida

While the Brown campaign doesn't expect to make it even close, they made an effort regardless knowing the sheer amount of delegates in this primary alone. Among demographics, the most targeted were working-class minorities. Particularly, Mayor Andrew Gillum campaigned in his city and the surrounding areas on Brown's immigration reform and criminal justice reform message, particularly abolishing private prisons and legalizing marijuana. Brown's union friends in the state ran the margins among union voters in this state, especially the National Education Association which, as a predominantly rural union, ran a field campaign to flip some rural counties to the Ohio Senator. While the state is not a high priority, the Brown campaign's bid was mainly to minimize Sink's delegate win.

Illinois

Perhaps one of the most crucial states to a Brown win, the campaign sent it's most immediately recognizable surrogates to criss cross across the state, particularly Chicago, in Michelle Obama and Tammy Duckworth, as well as a special appearance from Barack Obama. Demographic-wise, white working class voters and African-Americans were targeted the most on a message of criminal justice reform and wage growth. With Chicago holding a crucial amount of votes in the primary, most surrogates spent their time there. As for organizations, the campaign's union backers spent the vast majority of their efforts here to grasp at and get the vote out among union voters. Richard Trumka, particularly, spent a great deal of time in Chicago's union halls convincing his voters to back Brown, citing his pro-worker, pro-union, pro-middle class tax cuts policies.

Arizona

The Brown campaign, while not expecting a win, did utilize Raul Grijalva to campaign among the latino population on immigration reform and Brown's plans to raise the minimum wage to $15 p/hr, stressing wage growth and economic security across the state. The Arizona campaign's message was the same as it was nationally, except more directly targeted at Latinos, where they make a bigger share of the vote in Arizona. Among organizations, UNITE HERE ran a strong campaign among the latino population where they have a stronger hold, promoting Brown's pro-union policies, including repealing Taft-Hartley.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 09:59:22 PM »

From @SherrodBrown

adamevans
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2019, 01:27:58 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Poverty

"For the past 30 years, working families have found it harder and harder to get out of poverty as the minimum wage hardly budges and the cost of living increases."

"The reality is that anyone who's tried to pay a heating bill, fill a prescription, or simply buy groceries knows all too well that the current minimum wage doesn't cut the mustard. Only one candidate marches for a $15 minimum wage."

"Sherrod Brown. He's the only candidate fighting for living wages, a consistent middle class champion hailing from Ohio, rejecting big money because he's not in it for the multi-billionaires, he's in it to rebuild America. For good wages, for us. Sherrod Brown."

VO: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Colorado, New Mexico, Puerto Rico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota
adamevans
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Expand Social Security

- ad opens with Sherrod Brown talking to seniors -

"When senior poverty is rising, we can't afford to cut benefits or raise the retirement age on social security and medicare. What we need to do is exactly the opposite: we need to expand social security benefits. We can't leave behind seniors that work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week for most of their life, and then tell them they're going to retire into poverty. That is unjust. That is rigged. We need to expand benefits for people who desperately need them, and if we ask the wealthy to pay a fair share into it, we can keep it self-solvent for a century."

- scene cuts to Sherrod Brown for President logo & legal information -

VO: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, New York, Wisconsin, Montana, Oregon and Kentucky
adamevans
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2019, 01:42:45 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Families.

Raul Grijalva: "Latino families and hard-working immigrants really need a champion for them as President. Sherrod Brown is that champion."

- scene cuts to various images of immigrant families -

"These are families. These are immigrants. These are Americans. They aren't criminals. They are mothers, fathers, daughters, sons. They are part of America's future. And Sherrod Brown stands up for them."

"Because he stands up against businesses that exploit and cheat immigrant families out of their paychecks. He stands up for a pathway to citizenship that protects families like them. He stands up to protect dreamers. He stands up against mass deportation. He's the only candidate that stands up for a $15 minimum wage and he's the only candidate with a 0% rating by FAIR."

- scene cuts back to Grijalva talking to camera -

"And I'm proud to endorse him."

Voiceover: "I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message."

Aired in Colorado, Puerto Rico, New Mexico

Spoken in Spanish in predominantly spanish-speaking areas
adamevans
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2019, 07:57:54 PM by Barron »

Campaign Schedule.

Constants
Always visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Democratic and non-partisan
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. to connect with local voters
Always keep note of who is met, bring them up in future speeches
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is

Schedule:
March 18-21: Pennsylvania
March 22: Colorado
March 23: Utah
Primary Day: Salt Lake City

Pennsylvania (Mar. 18-21)
Hold rallies in Scranton, Pittsburgh, and Allentown, with John Fetterman & Mike Doyle
In Scranton: criticize Kerry's vote on NAFTA, emphasize protecting U.S jobs
Travel across industrial towns, hold town halls & meet and greets in factories
Hold interviews with local industrial town newspapers, stress NAFTA renegotiation
Tout votes against trade agreements, labor union endorsements
Target white working class & urban African-American voters

"I'm proud to have cast my first vote in Congress against NAFTA; it's decimated industrial communities, like here in Scranton, and destroyed the union movement with poor labor standards and provisions that favor international corporations over ordinary workers. My friend, John Fetterman, knows this best; he's served as the mayor of a declining industrial town and he's seen the struggles of working people in Pennsylvania. He's helped put Braddock back on track and he's seen through the lies of our trade policy first hand. I'm proud to reject money from companies that ship jobs overseas; I don't need it. Because if we're serious about reforming U.S trade policy and rebuilding the American middle class, we need leaders who have interest in protecting workers, not multinational corporations.

We need to get serious about renegotiating our trade agreements, securing anti-outsourcing and buy american provisions, and build enforcement tools for American workers. American jobs shouldn’t be up for negotiation and American workers can’t be traded away as bargaining chips. By setting high standards, putting workers ahead of corporations and refusing to compromise on outsourcing, we can create the best possible deal for all American workers. And it's time to fight back against China's cheating. They have committed systemic labor abuses and manipulated their dollar to hurt American manufacturers. Now, we must send a real movement of American workers to the White House to rebuild the American middle class and revive industrial towns like Scranton."

Colorado (Mar. 22)
Hold rally in Boulder, with Congressman Raul Grijalva
In Boulder: emphasize education investments, immigration reform
Host meet & greets in latino communites
Across state, emphasize middle class tax cuts, immigration reform
Demographically, target working class latinos

”Big business has ripped off immigrant workers in this country too often. More than half of latino workers earn less than $15 p/hr, while gigantic CEOs earn hundreds of times more than the average worker. The simple fact is that this economy is rigged against immigrant working families & families of all races and origins. It’s time to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour and crack down on big businesses who rip off latino workers. No longer can we spend billions on incarcerating poor people and minorities while CEOs and executives get away with wage theft. We must restore this country’s founding creed of justice for all; that is the only way we can rebuild an economy that works for the middle class."

Utah (Mar. 23)
Hold rally in Salt Lake City, emphasizing education, infrastructure investments
Meet with teachers, NEA officials, discussing teacher pay, in round-table discussions
Deliver major policy speech on raising average teacher pay by $13,500
Across state: emphasize infrastructure investments, teacher pay raise

"For too long, Utahns have been forced to put up with unforgiving potholes and crumbling roads & bridges. Our infrastructure is rated a D-, and the abysmal state of our infrastructure is hurting economic output. It's time for real action to rebuild the highways average families drive on almost every day. By taxing corporate offshore income, we can put that money into investing $1 trillion in rebuilding America's infrastructure, and, at the same time, conservative studies have even estimated it will create 13 million good-paying jobs at the least. That will create jobs for young people entering the economy, for working families who need a job, for people laid off who need good work. And at the same time, it will boost Utah's economy for decades to come."

Denver (Primary Day)
In the morning, traverse diners & meet voters
Stump across the city, with Connie Schultz
Join campaign efforts to keep voters in line
During stump speeches: emphasize economic security, immigration reform

Campaign Strategy

South Dakota & Nebraska

The Brown campaign is fully expecting two wins in the similar plain states of Nebraska & South Dakota with their victory chances high in both states, hoping that appeals to white working class voters, rural & urban, would drive the campaign to an easy victory in both of these states. The Brown campaign mainly stuck to a message of $1T infrastructure investments, middle class tax cuts, and environmental protections to turn out their base, as well as various reach outs to other demographics with surrogates who campaigned to them. Surrogates like Governor Brian Schweitzer, a prominent politician in the plains, were sent to stump and campaign on their behalf, focusing on white working class voters, while Congresswoman Sharice Davids stopped by to meet with Native American officials, pledging Brown's administration would heavily reinvest in Native American infrastructure and embolden native autonomy. Connie Schultz, as well, took off to stump in urban centers of these states like Sioux Falls and Omaha, appealing to women particularly on a message of equal pay for equal work and paid family leave. Overall, the campaign expects a strong, commanding win in both states, similar to those in Idaho and Wyoming. No organizations were used in this effort.

Utah

Another state the campaign expects to win easily, Sherrod Brown made a campaign visit primarily emphasizing infrastructure & education investments, as well as a solid increase in teacher pay, which is also what the entire campaign emphasized in the final days, as the campaign focused on turning out and appealing to their base of middle-class working families to the polls. The National Education Association was involved in the effort to bring a win to the Brown campaign as they appealed to working moms and teachers on Brown's strong education policy, though no surrogates were used as Sherrod Brown showed up to the state himself.

Colorado

While the campaign is not expecting to pull out a win in the Centennial State, they made an effort to win 2nd place and defeat John Kerry in the state, including a candidate appearance. The campaign coerced a message emphasizing criminal justice & immigration reform, as well as social security expansion and a $15 minimum wage. The campaign's main demographic targets were working class voters of all races, but the campaign definitely turned up it's efforts to grasp latino voters as they have before in some states. Congressman Raul Grijalva stumped in Colorado, occasionally appearing with Senator Brown, targeting latino voters on immigration reform & a $15 minimum wage. Sherrod Brown, himself, made an appearance in the state to amplify his message to latinos on the aforementioned message. Additionally, labor unions like UNITE HERE used their influence among working class Latino voters to reach out to them on the same message. Overall, the Brown campaign hopes a strong field campaign will propel them to a 2nd place finish backed by a strong reach out to latino voters

New Mexico

While Brown did not make an appearance here, the campaign hopes a stronger effort for latino voters will drive the campaign to make a decent finish in New Mexico. The campaign strategy in New Mexico was similar to that in Colorado, though on a smaller scale. The Brown campaign targeted working class voters of all races, especially Hispanic voters, on the same issues as in Colorado. Congressman Raul Grijalva made a few appearances in the state of New Mexico as the main surrogate in the state. Overall, the campaign's goal is to perform a decent 3rd in New Mexico.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2019, 08:54:11 PM by Barron »

Campaign Schedule.

Constants
Always keep note of who is met, bring them up in future speeches

Schedule:
March 25: Oregon
March 26 to March 29: Pennsylvania
March 30 to April 2: New York

Oregon (Mar. 25)
Hold rally in Portland, with Jeff Merkley & Nina Turner
Meet with local progressive organizations, in round-table discussions
Host Q&As with underpaid young workers, emphasize $15 minimum wage
Across state: emphasize wage growth, universal college, & carbon tax
Demographically, target young, underpaid workers & progressives

"For the first time ever, the next generation will be worse off than the last. Our kids, our teens, young adults entering the economy, will be worse off than the generation before them because of stagnant wages and the skyrocketing prices of healthcare and tuition. I'm proud to be the only candidate to stand up for a $15 minimum wage because we need good jobs for our youth. I'm proud to stand up for tuition-free, debt-free college & universal healthcare because in order to make certain that the next generation is stronger, they should not have to bear the cost of this trickle-down economy. We should invest in tax cuts for young people and middle class families, not blowing up the deficit with tax cut after tax cut for the rich. No more to an economy that works for only a wealthy few, it's time to make certain that the next generation can make by, and that can be done with a strong minimum wage and universal education. "

Pennsylvania (Mar. 26 to Mar. 29)
Hold rallies in Philadelphia, Lancaster, and Erie, with John Fetterman
Host town halls in union halls in urban areas, emphasize Taft-Hartley repeal
Deliver racial justice summit speech, accompanied by Dwight Evans
Emphasize wage growth, criminal justice reform, social safety net

"I think there is something unjust with police violence in this country. I think there is something unjust with voter suppression in this country. I think there is something unjust with mass incarceration in this country. And I think there is something unjust when half of African-Americans earn less than $15 p/hr. I've seen it in Ohio, in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, that's why I fought it. Because rebuilding America means rebuilding predominantly African-American communities too, and we must fundamentally break our system of racial injustice in this country. As Ohio's Secretary of State, I was proud to champion voting rights measures and give a voice to disenfranchised communities. As Senator, I've been proud to push for a living wage and investments in good jobs over dampening incarceration. Because America is built on the idea that you can create a living for you and your family if you put in the hard work, and when more than 1/4 of African-Americans live in poverty, we know that is not the case for many in this nation."

New York (Mar. 31 to Apr. 2)
Hold major rally in Rochester, Buffalo, Albany & New York City, with Kirsten Gillibrand
In NYC: emphasize $15 minimum wage, wall street reform
Meet with local New York Democrats in luncheon
Deliver speech to SEIU workers, emphasize workplace democracy
Demographically, target working class voters of all races

"Let me say it again: there is dignity in work. Whether you punch a clock, swipe a badge, earn a salary, or make tips, there is dignity in your labor. That is a fundamental belief of mine and it is the founding creed of this nation, but we know all too often with the rising cost of prescription drugs, healthcare, and tuition, that work is not treated with the dignity it deserves. But let me say it here and let it ring across the nation: workers make this country better. Not only have workers built some of this country's greatest achievements and landmarks, you also organized to make this country a better place for all. You organized in church basements and union halls, for child labor laws, the weekend, overtime pay, and good benefits; workers have made this a better country for all. That is why it is a fundamental promise of this campaign to rebuild that labor movement that made our middle class the strongest in the world. "

Surrogate Schedule
Brian Schweitzer: Campaign in Montana, to WWC voters
Amy Klobuchar: Campaign in Minnesota, to WWC voters
Keith Ellison: Campaign in urban Minnesota, to minorities & union workers
John Yarmuth: Campaign in KY-03 + Eastern KY, to WWC voters
John Fetterman: Campaign in industrial Pennsylvania, to WC voters
Dwight Evans: Campaign in Philadelphia, to urban minorities
Mike Doyle: Campaign in Pittsburgh, to WWC & minority voters
Brendan Boyle: Campaign in Philadelphia, to WC voters
Mary Gay Scanlon: Campaign in Philadelphia, to women voters
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Campaign in NYC, to urban minorities & progressives
Yvette Clark: Campaign in NYC, to urban minorities
Andrew Cuomo: Campaign in New York, to union voters
Kirsten Gillibrand: Campaign in New York, to women voters
Jeff Merkley: Campaign in Oregon, to youth voters & progressives
Suzanne Bonamici: Campaign in Portland, to women & youth voters
Earl Blumenauer: Campaign in Portland, to union workers & progressives

(wc = working class of all races)

Demographic Strategy
Oregon: Target progressives & youth voters, especially underpaid youth voters; maintain working class voters
Kentucky: Aggressively target white working class voters on education, pensions, social security
Minnesota: Expand base among white working class voters, especially in urban area
Montana: Expand base among white working class voters, especially in urban area

adamevans
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2019, 07:24:33 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2019, 09:21:52 PM by Barron »

Remarks from Sherrod Brown to Young Walmart Workers

* in Oregon

Major Excerpt

"As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, there is dignity in all of your labor. If your work is for the building of humanity and serves the growth of this country, it has value and it has dignity, but too often big business gets away with paying their workers poor wages, especially younger people entering the economy who desperately need a good job. I'm proud to be the only candidate in the race to support a $15 minimum wage because we need to send a message that young people deserve a good job with a living wage too. But since the 1980s, wages have been stagnant, and for the first time ever, the next generation will be worse off than the previous. There isn't dignity in work when the cost of rent, tuition, and healthcare is ridiculously high and skyrocketing.

I'm running this campaign because hard-working young people, ripped off by their superiors, need a voice in Washington to tell big business that we demand a good job, a living wage, and a union. We need the cost of rent and tuition to go down. We need people like you to come before Wall Street greed and corporate profits. We need a country where people can save for retirement. But too often the drug companies, big corporations and Wall Street banks write the laws and shower Washington with campaign contributions. Hard-working people have often been cheated by our fundamentally rigged economy.

We need a $15 minimum wage where all can make by. We know that it can work; when hard-working people have more money in their pockets, they spend their goods and services in their local communities. We know that it can boost Main Street, but Wall Street decides to write the rules for them at the cost of us. Workers need a voice to stand up and say that we all need a wage that we can live on; As FDR once said, "By minimum wage, I mean more than a bare subsistence level - I mean the wages of a decent living." Because hard-working people like you deserve the ability to pay off rent, tuition, healthcare, and be able to put food on the table. No longer must Washington succumb to the whim of their donors, we must finally take action and make certain that the next generation of young people have that ability - to make wages of a decent living.

Organizational Support
AFL-CIO: Pushed efforts in industrial PA + upstate NY, targeting union workers
UFCW*: Pushed efforts in Oregon, targeting underpaid food workers
NAACP: Pushed efforts in urban Pennsylvania + NYC, targeting African-Americans
NEA: Pushed efforts in rural Oregon, targeting school workers, parents
NARAL Pro-Choice America: Pushed efforts in Oregon, targeting women

* not affiliated with AFL-CIO efforts
adamevans
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »

Joint Press Release from Sherrod Brown & Alex Sink Campaigns

Alex Sink & I both understand how crucial this election is to the future of our country. We need a strong progressive to fight for universal healthcare, tuition-free college, and a future without endless, rampant wars. We both understand we need a nominee to stand up for those values, and we need more progressive wins in primaries and caucuses across the country. That's why the Sherrod Brown campaign is encouraging their supporters in Rhode Island to vote for Governor Sink, and the Alex Sink campaign is encouraging their supporters in Connecticut to vote for Senator Brown.

Both of us are sure that the more wins we make, the more influence our ideas for worker's rights and tackling big money in politics will have at the upcoming convention and in the 2020 Democratic party platform. That's why we need to push these ideas, universal healthcare and tuition-free college, because we need a Democratic wave this upcoming election, and we know that when we stand for bold ideals, we will win.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies