Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:22:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24726 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: August 05, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
« edited: August 05, 2012, 12:21:36 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Ah, trying to change the subject I see from proof on Romney not paying taxes for 10 years to Mr. trash talk Reid.

Very smart tactic.  And I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, because you have no proof about Romney and his taxes.  Therefore, your little ploy is not going to work.  Because this thread is about Reid's accusation that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

And when you can produce proof that Romney paid no taxes for ten years come back and see me.  We'll talk then.

How about Romney release more than 2 years of taxes? Obama and Biden have returns going back to last century.

Now Romney could just be toying with us, but if it's November and there are still no tax returns, I think we can safely assume that there's something pretty damaging in there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:39 AM »

Ah, trying to change the subject I see from proof on Romney not paying taxes for 10 years to Mr. trash talk Reid.

Very smart tactic.  And I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, because you have no proof about Romney and his taxes.  Therefore, your little ploy is not going to work.  Because this thread is about Reid's accusation that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

And when you can produce proof that Romney paid no taxes for ten years come back and see me.  We'll talk then.

How about Romney release more than 2 years of taxes? Obama and Biden have returns going back to last century.

Well, you can certainly present your idea to the Romney campaign and see what they say.

I could also present it to a brick wall. Probably about as useful.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »

Ryan wants to eliminate capital gains taxes, which would make Romney's taxes basically 0%. Of course 13% was already outrageously low.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »

I believe the Mormon Church will excommunicate members involved in cases of libel, which is what Reid has committed.

If it's going to excommunicate politicians for saying untrue things about other people, they'll need to kick Romney out as well.

Probably most politicians would have to go, but Romney is some particularly low hanging fruit.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:42:54 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 01:45:14 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

No presidential candidate has ever released 30+ years of tax returns, which is what would be necessary to cover the duration of Romney's association with Bain.
But every Presidential candidate has released more than 2 years of returns. And even those two years are incomplete. McCain released 2 years during his campaign, but he had release returns every time he ran for re-election to the senate since 1986. Kerry did the same thing with his returns. And these were two extremely wealthy men.

Why didn't Obama release his birth certificate in 2008?
He did, but it wasn't enough for Trump and all you crazy people. I don't remember anyone bugging Kerry for his birth certificate or McCain. Nobody bothered Bush about his birth certificate 3 years into his presidency.

Ironically it's McCain and Romney's father who had the serious issues with where they were born.

I found this on Wikipedia.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

McCain was born in 1936, which means that when he was born he was not a US citizen. Sure, the following year he was retroactively given US citizenship, but it sounds like to me he was ineligible to become President.

There you have it folks. One of the major party nominees for President in 2008 was ineligible to become President because of his birthplace. The irony is incredible.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:50:01 AM »

Interesting how every Democrat here will acknowledge that Reid is probably at least incorrect, but no Republican will acknowledge that something at least seems slightly suspicious about Romney's steadfast refusal to do something every presidential candidate has automatically done for 50+ years.

No presidential candidate has ever released 30+ years of tax returns, which is what would be necessary to cover the duration of Romney's association with Bain.

You seriously are going Birther on us?

Absolutely not. My point is that Obama did not release his official birth certificate until 2011. Your reasoning on Romney is completely in line with the "Birther" reasoning in 2008 (i.e., "he won't release it so he must be hiding something!"). They claimed Obama was hiding something when he was not. The same applies to Romney and his tax returns. Romney has not broken the law, but he is wealthy and does not want to feed the narrative that he is "out-of-touch" wealthy. That is why they have yet to release the returns.

Obama released this birth certificate in June 2008. Funny how the birthers ignored the problem of McCain being born in the Canal Zone before that 1937 law.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/BarackObamaCertificationOfLiveBirthHawaii.jpg
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »

Obama is now campaigning on the claim that Ryan's plan would lower Romney's tax rate even further, to something shy of 1%. Is that possible?

If his plan involves eliminating taxes on capital gains (I think he wanted that just for $250k and under) then yeah.

Even back in the primary, Newt was saying under his (Newt's) tax plan (no capital gains taxes) Romney would pay virtually no federal income taxes because most of his income is classified as capital gains.

I don't see anything about limiting it to $250k here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/issues/issue/?IssueID=8514
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 01:03:35 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Interesting how every Democrat here will acknowledge that Reid is probably at least incorrect, but no Republican will acknowledge that something at least seems slightly suspicious about Romney's steadfast refusal to do something every presidential candidate has automatically done for 50+ years.

You seriously are going Birther on us?

Absolutely not. My point is that Obama did not release his official birth certificate until 2011. Your reasoning on Romney is completely in line with the "Birther" reasoning in 2008 (i.e., "he won't release it so he must be hiding something!"). They claimed Obama was hiding something when he was not. The same applies to Romney and his tax returns. Romney has not broken the law, but he is wealthy and does not want to feed the narrative that he is "out-of-touch" wealthy. That is why they have yet to release the returns.

Obama released this birth certificate in June 2008. Funny how the birthers ignored the problem of McCain being born in the Canal Zone before that 1937 law.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/BarackObamaCertificationOfLiveBirthHawaii.jpg

Except that there is no problem?  At all?  Because McCain has citizenship via jus sanguinis from birth, just like George Romney, just like every other child of American citizens born outside the United States?

You are such a total hack sometimes.

Umm, did you read my other post? The 1937 law fixed the citizenship issue, but that still means McCain wasn't a citizen at birth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies