Atlasian Tax Code Resolution (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 04:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Tax Code Resolution (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Tax Code Resolution (Failed)  (Read 2180 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 23, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »

When would this commission be formed? Immediately upon passage?

Such was my intention.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:27:28 AM »

I oppose this,

Our tax system is like every other law in Atlasia; it is based on the US system until such times as it is changed, modified or overturned. I have no objection to maintaining the US tax system (with modifications brought about by one or two existing bills) All we need to do is simply codify the tax system to take into account these modifications. We don't need a commission to do that.

It would be nice to have a team to decide whether it is, as you say, best to simply use the US system or some other. And if we use the US system, what the respective rates are and how they stand after modifications in the past.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »

Aye
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »

The problem is we've made some changes to it over the years. I think it's easier to just restructure the tax code with a commission rather than to try and patch together a tax code including the differences we have from the real world.

Also, we should be differentiating ourselves from the US government. We have plenty of differences already, I don't see why we HAVE to assume we're exactly the same. We're an independent game, we should make our own events and our own institutions.

Just my 2 cents, sorry. Tongue

I understand. But we have, to my knowledge only made 2 legislative changes that affect the tax code which makes 'marrying' this with the US tax code fairly easy.

So then this commission can compile exactly where the rates stand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies