SENATE BILL: Fifth Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:08:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Fifth Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Fifth Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd)  (Read 2602 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:16 AM »

I think the need for a law like this has unfortunately been demonstrated. Let us hope that our electoral system is not abused in such a way going into the future.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

Snowguy's bill is nothing similar.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:11 PM »

I actually don't think any of Junkie's points have anything to do with this bill or the merits thereof. It seems this would apply only during election times based off of the word "voters". If not, we could simply add "during but not limited to election time". The hypotheticals you pose would be anything but a problem. Anyway this is what we have to work with because we don't have a secret ballot (nor should we, as I think a lot of fun would be lost).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »

It should apply to more than just invalidation. Editing within twenty minutes or initial casting. Intimidation and threats are wrong, period. They have no place in this game.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »

It should apply to more than just invalidation. Editing within twenty minutes or initial casting. Intimidation and threats are wrong, period. They have no place in this game.
I modified it to narrow the type of intimidation so it wouldn't be too vague, but it still applies whether or not the vote has already been cast when the threat is made.

I think its fair for the law to cover this behavior before votes are made as well.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:37:13 AM »

Oops you're right.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies