Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:20:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127355 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:42:58 AM »

The Democratic Marco Rubio.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »

Let's be completely honest here, if she gets a decent amount of support, it'll ONLY be because of the boxes she checks for sjw Democrats, not because of anything she's done in her career.

Let's be completely honest here, any woman who runs for anything is ONLY winning because she's an SJW female Democrat who didn't work hard at all for where she is at now.

Not in 2008 , Obama was clearly considered the more SJW candidate compared to Hillary and if Amy Klobacher for example runs this year she wouldn’t be a SJW candidate either .

Notice Klobuchar is the woman everyone cites. Why? Maybe because she's midwestern and that's the type of identity politics everyone likes, as opposed to the dirty identity politics of women on the coasts (especially black ones)?

There's a strong chance I'll support Gillibrand, (see sig) and I think Harris is a trash candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:24:09 PM »

Let's be completely honest here, if she gets a decent amount of support, it'll ONLY be because of the boxes she checks for sjw Democrats, not because of anything she's done in her career.

Let's be completely honest here, any woman who runs for anything is ONLY winning because she's an SJW female Democrat who didn't work hard at all for where she is at now.

Not in 2008 , Obama was clearly considered the more SJW candidate compared to Hillary and if Amy Klobacher for example runs this year she wouldn’t be a SJW candidate either .

Notice Klobuchar is the woman everyone cites. Why? Maybe because she's midwestern and that's the type of identity politics everyone likes, as opposed to the dirty identity politics of women on the coasts (especially black ones)?

There's a strong chance I'll support Gillibrand, (see sig) and I think Harris is a trash candidate.

You went from supporting a white man in the 2016 primary to initially supporting that same white man for this cycle’s primary to supporting a different white man from Texas to now supporting a white woman.

Possibly. I'm still undecided about who to support, Sanders, Beto and Gillibrand are all possibilities. Harris is not.

But i supported a black man for the entire campaign season 2007-08. So if you're looking for a pattern.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »

LOL

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:39:27 PM »

Kamala Harris is more progressive than both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren would both be replaced by Republicans in the Senate until the scheduled special election (which could take many months). Kamala Harris would be replaced by a democratic politician.

If you support Bernie or Warren over Harris, please keep in mind that they could have months of legislation stifled because they were replaced by a Republican.
If they resigned in November right after being elected, they could have a special election scheduled within a month of being sworn in and get a Democrat in that seat quickly. And that's pretty likely, Obama resigned his Senate seat November 16.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »

Trump would defeat her soundly. Dems do not have a consensus unifying candidate in 2020.

As if Trump was a consensus candidate at this stage of the Republican primaries in 2015-2016.  Tears of joy

Or Obama in 2007.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Being "tough on crime" is a necessary evil for center-left politicians everywhere if they want to attain political power. That is highly unfortunate, but it is just the way it is. The public EVERYWHERE, not just in the US, are always in support of being "tough on crime". The good news is that you can get away with merely doing the principle some lip service while implementing criminal justice reform that is in no way "tough" on crime. But progressives really need to get there act together here. Nobody is winning on an anti-police, anti-harsh sentencing platform. Nobody. Don't mess this up over some lip service to being tough on crime.

That's not true. Things like mandatory minimum sentences, three strikes laws and harsh penalties for non-violent drug offenders have gone way down in popularity in recent years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »

Harris has been a Senator for just over two years, Sanders for twelve. She has far fewer votes to score. Not even remotely comparable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »

"Coastal elitist" is usually a stupid term, but if it ever has any meaning, well when it's being used in regards to someone from San Francisco...it's pretty stupid to say there are no working class people on the coasts, but working class in San Francisco...ROFL.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »

This is the best thing she's done all campaign. And her supporters seem to not care: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kamala-harris-calls-for-a-ban-on-right-to-work-laws
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »

The trouble with that contention is that Harris' success with black Democrats is so far confined mostly to donors and party actors.

At the grassroots she's doing better among loyal white liberals, presumably including the woman responsible for the frightening rictus on that Twitter account. There's not much indication of wider appeal among black Democrats yet, let alone among the more marginal black voters - younger, poorer, and less likely to vote in primaries - who turned out for Obama in both of his generals. And there's very little reason to believe that she holds anything like Obama's potential among any other group of swing voters or marginal non-voters.

This. People need to stop talking about the black vote as a strength of Harris because there's no evidence it is or that the black vote has consolidated around her. I kind of wish it would since that might be our only hope of stopping Biden in SC. But it hasn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies