The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 116847 times)
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

Is this just for general comments about 2012? Well, if that's the case, I'll state that a drawn out primary helps the incumbent party that is already in office because that way there's less time for the opponent to gain support.  It can raise attention to the issues benefiting the GOP in the case of this year but independents who look at candidates rather than issues will be distracted by what is labeled as character flaws or gaffes in a long primary. The only way I see a long primary not hurting the GOP is if the economy falls into more trouble or if there's an attack or situation causing Obama to fall into the 30's.  In that case a potato would win over him.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »

Is this just for general comments about 2012?

You should really think about why you would even ask that.

You got that man. I should spend alot of time thinking about it too.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »

Looks like Derrick Bell has joined Bill Ayers, Saul Alinski, Jeremiah Wright, Father Flager, and the others on the list of controversial associations. Hearing "This isn't a smoking gun" from the leftist media means that it is in fact a smoking gun. It will take alot of green jobs to over come this throughout the year.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »

Looks like Derrick Bell has joined Bill Ayers, Saul Alinski, Jeremiah Wright, Father Flager, and the others on the list of controversial associations. Hearing "This isn't a smoking gun" from the leftist media means that it is in fact a smoking gun. It will take alot of green jobs to over come this throughout the year.

Oh everyone is gonna have so much fun with you, tidewater! And don't think I didn't notice that you "recycled" your green jobs dig (pun intended)

it will take alot more food stamps too lol
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »

This is why Obama's numbers with women are going down. They see Obama as exploiting the females of our great nation as if they're a commodity to be had rather than equal with men. Birth control was never an issue until the Democrats realized that the public was against them on the health care mandate. Now they're trying to spin the issue as if all of a sudden birth control is going to skyrocket in price as if it were gasoline. I hope Obama only focuses on birth control.  My point being that he knows damn well it's a losing issue outside of the females on the left.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »

This is why Obama's numbers with women are going down. They see Obama as exploiting the females of our great nation as if they're a commodity to be had rather than equal with men. Birth control was never an issue until the Democrats realized that the public was against them on the health care mandate. Now they're trying to spin the issue as if all of a sudden birth control is going to skyrocket in price as if it were gasoline. I hope Obama only focuses on birth control. My point being that he knows damn well it's a losing issue outside of the females on the left.

That's the point: The Obama campaign wants these left-wing women to turn out and vote for him. It could lead to higher turnout among leftist women than among conservative women who have concerns about voting for flip-flop Mitty.

I don't know how many leftist women aren't driven to the polls by union leaders, liberal activist groups, or Jesse Jackson. I'm saying their turnout is already about 98%.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »

Yes thanks for the summary. I didn't need to be bored to death and what you said is pretty much what I expected. I'm sick of hearing that we got Bin Laden. Here is my take:

May 1, 2011 was the night it was announced that we killed Bin Landen which JUST HAPPENED to be the 8 year anniversary of "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq where Bush landed on the air craft carrier. Also, coverage of the announcement broke just as Donald Trump was about to say "You're Fired."  Keep in mind too that May 1 is Holocaust Remembrance Day and by gloating over Bin Laden, Obama somewhat made that day about himself. One more thing is that Bin Laden had been dead for 5 days before it was announced! Now I understand not jumping to conclusion, but 5 days? Had Bush been in this situation, the Democrats would've wet themselves over conspiracy theories and playing the situation down. Now all of a sudden, their party is in the White House and we're supposed to believe they actually care about our nation's security? Nice try!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies