Hudson QGIS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Hudson QGIS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hudson QGIS  (Read 3839 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: May 30, 2016, 08:38:25 PM »

The file PVS_15_v2_addr_36021.dbf does have the address ranges. It can be opened in Excel. You can  also drag it to the map area - you can look at the parameters, but I have not figured a way to search it. I ordered it by TLID and then scrolled down to 640427671. In Excel, I can search for 640427671.

There's still no way to save changes to a .dbf file in Excel, correct?  I always have to use OpenOffice to do the final step in merging my data when making an election map.  Can QGIS do something to merge tables (like, one .xls or .csv and the original Census .dbf)  that I haven't figured out how to do in MapWindow GIS?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:32:00 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 09:43:55 PM by cinyc »

Does QGIS automatically read the .csvt file alongside a .csv file of the same name?

Sometimes, you HAVE to define the census geography as String instead of Integer.  If the geography has leading zeroes, defining them as Integer will destroy the zeros and ruin the merge.  At least that's what I figured out when I didn't know how to define a column, and QGIS automatically read the GeoID columns as Integers.  Data for the alphabetically early state jurisdictions was missing.

What are the permissible .csvt fields?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies