Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:58:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32966 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »

The thing that bothers me the most about Obama is his tendency to disregard his friends and supporters so blatantly when they become inconvenient, specifically because that is so contrary to his public image which he himself so carefully crafts.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. Remember how Obama threw away his first wife away like a piece of garbage after she was in a car accident? She simply wasn't good enough anymore, so he married some rich heiress beauty queen. Typical Obama.

McCain's first wife was a model, jackass.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »

The thing that bothers me the most about Obama is his tendency to disregard his friends and supporters so blatantly when they become inconvenient, specifically because that is so contrary to his public image which he himself so carefully crafts.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. Remember how Obama threw away his first wife away like a piece of garbage after she was in a car accident? She simply wasn't good enough anymore, so he married some rich heiress beauty queen. Typical Obama.

So what? After her car accident she was an overweight cripple, and McCain began cheating on her. What a hero!

First, there are obvious signs of trouble in the marriage long before that happened.

Second, I don't pretend McCain is a perfect human-being.  He is flawed, just like everyone else.  But McCain doesn't put on a facade of perfection either, which is important.  And the real question is, is there a recent pattern of behavior?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »

No, it doesn't.  However, I don't approve of people attempting to use that as a misdirection tactic to draw attention away from Obama's shortcomings, which is, after all, why it was brought up.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, that makes three people I guess.  Actually, I came about the notion while reading Bush on the Couch.  I slowly started to realize a pattern with Obama overtime, including his tendency to use Bush-like tactics, but reading the book gave me a lens to focus with.  Not that that was my introduction to psychology, mind you, but noticing things and then putting them together is a whole different game... the latter takes time.

But if my thoughts are correct, and Obama has many of the same emotional incapacities as Bush, then its not going to matter that he is more intellectually capable... in fact, it might make it worse.  And as for "change"... its hard to see where the "he and it" stop and begin.  Is there really a difference?  Not in the minds of most people, I would imagine.  If someone represents change, than one assumes they are the vehicle to deliver it, correct?  Otherwise, vote for someone else.  If however, his only point really is that he merely represents change, then one must ask, how.  Is it just because of his race?  Because he is young?  Isn't that shallow, if either is true?

I merely brought it up to demonstrate similar patterns of behavior.  It's obvious that Bush's kids were never told how to act, what is expected of them, etc.  If Obama's kids are similar, and I think they seem to be, since they seem to get away with alot and say whatever they want, it indicates to me that they have similar parenting styles, which is indicative of similar personalities.  I didn't bring it up to be mean or vindictive, I brought it up as a side point, and it somehow became a main item.  As for the dog... Obama himself said as much, on a couple of occasions, and Michelle on a couple more... Hell, even the kids might have said it.

I admit, it limps, but I'm not a professional, and I don't have time to write a novel.  That being said, my purpose is to demonstrate that Obama might come loaded with all the severe personality problems that have made W such a bad President.  And I disagree that 9/11 had anything to do with Bush's flaws.  It merely allowed them to manifest in his need to be the big dude, his sadistic enjoyment of other's misery, his disrespect for people who really are capable of putting themselves in harms way for the greater good, etc.

I simply don't see the need for a speech in front of 100,000 people (as opposed to "just" 20,000) other than ego, and the desire to wow people with a show of force.

And Muslims, and his staffers who were disrespectful to Muslims, and Scarlett Johansson, and his own "white grandmother" (one could write a paper on his identification of her alone, or lack there of), and, and, and... when it happens a few times, its interesting... but it has clearly become a pattern.

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to approach this without calling my sanity into question.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 01:44:48 AM »

Ross Perot, who paid for Carol McCain's expensive medical bills while John was in Vietnam said this:
"‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

Carol's wikipedia page covers all this.

I don't bag McCain much because of this, but certainly the guy has some ambition (he told his college roommate he wanted to do something so that he would be remembered in the history books and Carol early on that he wanted to be president).

H. Ross Perot is not a valid source for anything... and I'm not saying that because I am trying to cover McCain's ass... I'm saying it because it is H. Ross Perot.

That being said, as I said, I don't think McCain is perfect.  I respect him, but he has made his share of mistakes.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »

Ross Perot, who paid for Carol McCain's expensive medical bills while John was in Vietnam said this:
"‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

Carol's wikipedia page covers all this.

I don't bag McCain much because of this, but certainly the guy has some ambition (he told his college roommate he wanted to do something so that he would be remembered in the history books and Carol early on that he wanted to be president).

H. Ross Perot is not a valid source for anything... and I'm not saying that because I am trying to cover McCain's ass... I'm saying it because it is H. Ross Perot.

That being said, as I said, I don't think McCain is perfect.  I respect him, but he has made his share of mistakes.

So you can dismiss source's just like that but use small instances in Obama's life to put together a fully-fledged analysis of his mind-state?

Perot in particular is known to have a nack for exaggeration, if not outright confabulation.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »

Giving a big speech isn't.  Doing it in a stadium looks like it is elitist.  It plays to chanting crowd of which most people in the US are not part.  It's spectacle, Nurembergesque, but not reaching to the average voter.

Obama (and McCain) has to sit down at the kitchen table with the voter.

Did you see McCain's cozy speech in New Orleans with a crowd of a few hundred? It diminished him, and not in a good "jus folks" way.

That speech was a wreck... let us never mention it again.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »

Giving a big speech isn't.  Doing it in a stadium looks like it is elitist.  It plays to chanting crowd of which most people in the US are not part.  It's spectacle, Nurembergesque, but not reaching to the average voter.

Obama (and McCain) has to sit down at the kitchen table with the voter.

Did you see McCain's cozy speech in New Orleans with a crowd of a few hundred? It diminished him, and not in a good "jus folks" way.

That speech was a wreck... let us never mention it again.

"...and that's not change you can believe in. Hahaha..." (forced smile/confused applause)

That line was like an icepick through my temple.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies