ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven  (Read 4041 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

Favorable  Unfavorable  No Opinion
Dorgan (D)      67         30          3
Hoeven (R)      68         27          5

Dorgan (D) 57
Hoeven (R) 35

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/2/13/05945/6966/749/696931
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »

Especially amazing considering Hoeven is....what....enjoying like a 75% approval rating?

I think Hoeven is likely to take this seat.  I hope not.  But he'll be exceptionally strong and North Dakota Democrats have been tempting fate for far too long.  I do think Hoeven would have a much better chance at Conrad's seat.  But Dorgan would be a fool to consider himself safe.

I don't think Hoeven has shown any interest in going to DC in 2010.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

Especially amazing considering Hoeven is....what....enjoying like a 75% approval rating?

I think Hoeven is likely to take this seat.  I hope not.  But he'll be exceptionally strong and North Dakota Democrats have been tempting fate for far too long.  I do think Hoeven would have a much better chance at Conrad's seat.  But Dorgan would be a fool to consider himself safe.

I don't think Hoeven has shown any interest in going to DC in 2010.

I hope you're right.  If true, that would be Hoeven-ly news.  <cough>

JS, why do you think he wants the most competitive race of his career (as of now, he'd be fighting an uphill battle) so that he can be a severe minority in Congress?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2009, 08:00:04 PM by Lunar »

All you said in that last post was that Dorgan could potentially, possibly, in some scenario, be vulnerable sir.  The original post said that we're likely looking at Senator Hoeven in 2011

You make two giant leaps in logic (and didn't really answer my question):

1. Hoeven wants to run, and is willing to be away from his family, be part of a semi-powerless minority, risk political embarrassment by giving up a safe seat  for what now looks to be an uphill battle against the stronger of his state's two seantors - you didn't answer that part of my question.  I mean, it's more than possible, but it seems a pretty ridic working assumption

Hoeven hasn't given as firm of an indication as Douglas, Rell, or Lynch that he won't run, but he's certainly not looking like he wants to o to DC this next cycle.

(2. and Hoeven is likely to win should he run  - I guess that's your opinion and that's fine)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies