ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-R2k/Kos - Dorgan strong against Hoeven  (Read 4041 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: February 13, 2009, 03:55:16 PM »

Especially amazing considering Hoeven is....what....enjoying like a 75% approval rating?

I think Hoeven is likely to take this seat.  I hope not.  But he'll be exceptionally strong and North Dakota Democrats have been tempting fate for far too long.  I do think Hoeven would have a much better chance at Conrad's seat.  But Dorgan would be a fool to consider himself safe.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

Especially amazing considering Hoeven is....what....enjoying like a 75% approval rating?

I think Hoeven is likely to take this seat.  I hope not.  But he'll be exceptionally strong and North Dakota Democrats have been tempting fate for far too long.  I do think Hoeven would have a much better chance at Conrad's seat.  But Dorgan would be a fool to consider himself safe.

I don't think Hoeven has shown any interest in going to DC in 2010.

I hope you're right.  If true, that would be Hoeven-ly news.  <cough>
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »

I don't think Hoeven has shown any interest in going to DC in 2010.

I hope you're right.  If true, that would be Hoeven-ly news.  <cough>

JS, why do you think he wants the most competitive race of his career (as of now, he'd be fighting an uphill battle) so that he can be a severe minority in Congress?

I think North Dakota is substantially more conservative than their Democratic Senators would indicate.  I'm basing this on a lot of what I have read from Larry Sabato.  He often lists both Conrad AND Dorgan as perpetually in trouble.  Perhaps that will change given the closeness of the Presidential there.  But I am still not ready to call the state a D stronghold.  And Hoeven is immensely popular.

In Dorgan's favor, of course, is that he is a massive FF and a leader in the Senate, especially on energy issues that motivate ND voters.  I love the guy -- but remember, I am this forum's Democratic Eeyore.  I wasn't nominated for most cynical poster of the year for nothin!  LOL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies