TX: Public Policy Polling: Perry only leads Obama by single digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  TX: Public Policy Polling: Perry only leads Obama by single digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX: Public Policy Polling: Perry only leads Obama by single digits  (Read 3163 times)
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »

Lots of shifts going on in the state.  Although I don't expect Obama to win Texas I think the margin will be closer than 2008.  How close it is relative to the national vote will indicate how much longer the GOP can count on Texas as a safe R state
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:57:05 PM »

Lots of shifts going on in the state.  Although I don't expect Obama to win Texas I think the margin will be closer than 2008.  How close it is relative to the national vote will indicate how much longer the GOP can count on Texas as a safe R state

bad polling IMO...

With PPP, only the last poll is correct...

Texas is such a large state you have to look at each region and try to figure out what is going on.  Those numbers I agree are probably more on the favorable side for the Democrats, but every year that goes by the Hispanic vote becomes a larger proportion of the overall electorate.

Even though Texas has been a minority-majority state for a few years now as of 2010 census it was still a white-majority voting state, i.e. people age 18 and over, albeit by a very small margin
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »

I'm not sure why this poll is a surprise to anyone. Perry usually get something like 55% of the vote even on his best elections with the most favorable GOP environment. I expect he'd get 54-55% or so in a general election with Obama getting 44-45%.

It's because the conservatives expect Texas to always remain a safe R state.  The idea that the margin would be close in the President's reelection makes the conservatives cringe because they realize Texas could change for them in the next few cycles and it would be a problem for the GOP
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies