"Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:24:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!  (Read 37851 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: December 20, 2003, 07:18:12 PM »

1. What's your name?  Doug
2. Where do you live? NJ
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)?  Currently Rep
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? Washington:  his keen awarness of precident established the role of the President that all others followed until FDR greatly expanded the executive branch
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time?  Churchill
6. How did you get interested in politics?  Organized Anti-war Discussions (Vietnam) in HS 1970, ran a voter registration drive for 18-21 yr olds in 1972 after the 26th amendment passed, was a local McGovern delegate to the CT convention in 1972
7. How did you discover this forum?  Yahoo search for info on past elections
8. What do you like most about it?
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics?
10. What's your favourite movie?  When Peggy Sue got married
11. What's your favourite song?  The long and winding road
12. Anything else you'd like to mention?
As a Democratic activist, turned independentt, turned Republican, I see the logic in the saying (for which I lack the exact quote):
If you're not a Democrat in youth, you have no heart, if you're not a Republican later, you have no brain.
I retain a desire to run for Congress some day

Zork, with your liberal background, it would be interesting to hear how you came to be a Republican.  I grew up in the post-Vietnam era, and have always had conservative instincts, so I have not actually changed my politics much as I've gotten older.  It would be interesting to hear from somebody who has.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 10:49:27 PM »

1. What's your name?  Dave

2. Where do you live?  Connecticut

3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)?  Republican -- I vote almost entirely for the Republican nominees except on the local level.

4. Who's your favourite President of all-time?  I have a few -- Lincoln, F. D. Roosevelt, Truman, Reagan.

5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time?  Winston Churchill / Margaret Thatcher

6. How did you get interested in politics?  I recognized at a young age that the quality of our political leadership could greatly affect the quality of my life.  I had relatives who were involved in local politics, but that didn't play a big favor since local politics is the area where my interest is lower.  It just gets too personal, and you never know who if somebody is personally involved in an issue or with a candidate, so I stay away from local politics.

7. How did you discover this forum?  A search for presidential election results.

8. What do you like most about it?  The ability to discuss issues with people who are polite and civil, and respect the opinions of others.  That is unusual for a political forum.

9. What are your other interests, apart from politics?  Cars, sports, finance, architecture

10. What's your favourite movie?  I have a few -- Caddyshack is up there, so is Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Even as an adult, I still like crude adolescent male humor best.

11. What's your favourite song?  I have a few of those.  Stairway to Heaven is up there, a real classic.  Sultans of Swing, by Dire Straits, is a favorite of mine.

12. Anything else you'd like to mention?  Not that I can think of.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies